Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
November 3rd, 2007 at 02:50pm
I believe all religions aren't right, purely because each one dictates that the other is wrong, therefore they all are.
There is no reasonable proof of the existence of a God or Gods so I don't waste my time debating about it.
I'm not dissing faith because that can be an amazing thing for some people, belief has helped many people in my life.
If God were to exist, and it very well could. Where would it have been created?
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 3rd, 2007 at 03:00pm
I Kill Children.:
I believe all religions aren't right, purely because each one dictates that the other is wrong, therefore they all are.

I wish I could remember which religion this is from (I think it's Buddhism but don't quote me on that) that said that all religions lead to the same God.

I Kill Children.:
There is no reasonable proof of the existence of a God or Gods so I don't waste my time debating about it.

There is also no real proof to say God doesn't exist. Hence the argument.

I Kill Children.:
If God were to exist, and it very well could. Where would it have been created?
Before the universe. Like Satan who was bound by the Disciples of Light to the planet Krop Tor to be left for millions of years and if he escpaed then he would fall into a blackhole. Cool
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
November 3rd, 2007 at 03:04pm
Herr Doktor:

I wish I could remember which religion this is from (I think it's Buddhism but don't quote me on that) that said that all religions lead to the same God.

There is also no real proof to say God doesn't exist. Hence the argument.

Before the universe. Like Satan who was bound by the Disciples of Light to the planet Krop Tor to be left for millions of years and if he escpaed then he would fall into a blackhole. Cool

Uh. I kind of made it up, but maybe it's from a religion... wouldn't make sense though because then they state that they're wrong.
Also Buddhism is a lifestyle more than a religion.

Black holes could be used as proof. Faith
But I've had people shoving religion down my throat all my life so I'm more leaning towards the God doesn't exist side, but I'll be willing to listen if someone has some decent proof and a good opinion on the matter.

lmfao lmfao sounds like Scientology. lmfao lmfao
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 3rd, 2007 at 03:27pm
Cartoon Caterpillar!:

I meant that. I talked about it in my youth group and I got the answer that little children who haven't yet sinned, at least not on purpose, and died are surely not going to. Without any sins we go to God after we died. It's nothing but our sins that separates us. But humans are sinners. There's not one human who hasn't sinned. We are 'bound to sins' since Adam and Eve left Eden. Jesus died for our sins so we can go up to our father although we're sinning humans. But we have to accept it. If you choose not to accept it, then..yeah well. An infant is basically without sin. They will go to heaven surely after they died.
Yes, but it doesn't matter if you are a baby and haven't sinned, the fact that you didn't get rid of the original sin.

I just wanted to point out how Limbo is utter crap and how....gah, stupid are Christians for inventing something so cruel. I mean, its ok when you get "judged" after dying as an adult because you are responsible for your deeds, but to have an idea that kids that weren't baptized deserve to get damned is just so cruel and I cant see how a religion could ever preach it.
Komischer
Jackass
Komischer
November 3rd, 2007 at 05:48pm
I was raised as a Catholic, but I really only believe that there's some sort of "God" or "surpreme being" that wants us to live a good life and takes care of our souls when we die. No heaven or hell, just a place to go. And if you didn't fullfil a good life, you must live it again until you do (reincarnation). Finally, the concept of Jesus has become very hard to believe for me, because if you look at the sun gods of many other religions, they all share the same qualities with Jesus, such as:

1) Born of a virgin
2) Born Dec. 25
3) Began work at 30
4) Had 12 deciples
And the list goes on.

I still call myself a Catholic, but I say that I really don't fit into any religion all the way. I'm not just a blind follower.
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
November 3rd, 2007 at 06:10pm
You are right, they share this qualities with him. And there are also people who fulfil some of the prophecies of the Old Testament. But Jesus is the only one who fulfils all of them.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 4th, 2007 at 01:02am
Cartoon Caterpillar!:
You are right, they share this qualities with him. And there are also people who fulfil some of the prophecies of the Old Testament. But Jesus is the only one who fulfils all of them.

You compared other gods' qualities with Jesus'.
Then you compared other gods' prophecies with Jesus'.
Therefore it's normal that Jesus fulfills all of the prophecies:
That's comparing Jesus with.. Himself Eh
Komischer
Jackass
Komischer
November 4th, 2007 at 01:21am
I'm just saying that it seems weird that all these religions have gods, messiahs, and prophets that share those qualities, when people believe there's is the only one that's right. If all those religions fulfilled the same prophesies wouldn't they all be right?

Shocked omg, my brain hurts.
tonlistir
Geek
tonlistir
November 4th, 2007 at 11:37pm
To the baptism-thing. Nowhere in the bible is mentioned to baptise children. People had been baptised after they decided to follow Jesus and to accept his sacrifice, as a sign that they had a completely new life. Baptising babies is an invention of the church.
And Jesus died for ALL people, so for the ones who lived before him as well.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2007 at 04:57pm
'Course you could have the inkling that every God is the same God and every 'bad' deity is the same and that every religion just uses them for different purposes.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2007 at 05:59pm
Komischer:
I was raised as a Catholic, but I really only believe that there's some sort of "God" or "surpreme being" that wants us to live a good life and takes care of our souls when we die. No heaven or hell, just a place to go. And if you didn't fullfil a good life, you must live it again until you do (reincarnation). Finally, the concept of Jesus has become very hard to believe for me, because if you look at the sun gods of many other religions, they all share the same qualities with Jesus, such as:

1) Born of a virgin
2) Born Dec. 25
3) Began work at 30
4) Had 12 deciples
And the list goes on.

I still call myself a Catholic, but I say that I really don't fit into any religion all the way. I'm not just a blind follower.

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I just choked. Because I have an awesome connection to make here. One of the great Indian Epics, the Mahabarat, can be related here. The story revolves around five princes, The Pandavas. These dudes all had the same dad but two of them had a different mom. But the other three, their mom had this superspecial ability/boon. She could ask any god for a son and a a child would be delivered. When she was a kid, waaaaay before she got married, she got curious and tested it out. She asked the SUN GOD for a kid. That's the sixth kid that the other five don't know about till later. But yeah. ZOMG coolness.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2007 at 05:59pm
Komischer:

1) Born of a virgin
2) Born Dec. 25
3) Began work at 30
4) Had 12 deciples
And the list goes on.

OMG OMG OMG OMG! I just choked. Because I have an awesome connection to make here. One of the great Indian Epics, the Mahabarat, can be related here. The story revolves around five princes, The Pandavas. These dudes all had the same dad but two of them had a different mom. But the other three, their mom had this superspecial ability/boon. She could ask any god for a son and a a child would be delivered. When she was a kid, waaaaay before she got married, she got curious and tested it out. She asked the SUN GOD for a kid. That's the sixth kid that the other five don't know about till later. But yeah. ZOMG coolness.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2007 at 06:05pm
lyrical_mess:

1) Born of a virgin
2) Born Dec. 25
3) Began work at 30
4) Had 12 deciples
And the list goes on.

He wasn't born on December 25th. Nowhere in the Bible it says that.

It's more to do with the Winter Soltice (or whatever, I can't spell today) than his birthday. It was thought to be more of a March-y date.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2007 at 06:08pm
Komischer:
I'm just saying that it seems weird that all these religions have gods, messiahs, and prophets that share those qualities, when people believe there's is the only one that's right. If all those religions fulfilled the same prophesies wouldn't they all be right?

Shocked omg, my brain hurts.

There is no "right" religion. The thing is, those who follow one of the major religions of the world all believe pretty much the same thing. They just express their beliefs differently. As Bart Simpson once said, everyone nitpicks at the stupid little differences and ends up forgetting about the big stupid similarities.

As far as I can gather, there's one God. God is just the english word. In Arabic and Urdu, the word is Allah. In Hindi and Sanskrit, the word is Bhagvan. Etc. And different people look at Him in different ways, gie him different qualities and sometimes, all of those qualities are combined or all of those potential models are accepted. Now ,in Islam and Christianity, I think (correct me) that He's not given a form. In Hinduism, we give Him a whole bunch of forms. Just so that when we talk to Him, we feel like we're talking to someone. =)

And something else that's interesting: Zeus is the Greek king of Gods. Indra is the Hindu "King of Gods" (though no one worships him cuz he's an insecure loser). Zeus weilds lightning bolts. So does Indra. They both control the rain. They're both insecure as fuck about people stealing their respective thrones. Coinkydink? Also, the Sanskrit word for rainbow is "indradanush". Danush literally means bow, as in a bow and arrow.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
November 24th, 2007 at 06:36pm
I think I belive in God, I didn't used to. I think I do now though. I don't follow a religon though.
brompton cocktail.
Idiot
brompton cocktail.

Mibba
November 25th, 2007 at 11:44am
Interesting.
Well, to make a long story short, I refuse to believe because
1) I can't believe that Jesus didn't want to be sexually intimated with someone.
2) Christainity says that bisexual/lesbian/gay people are sinners. Since when is love a sin? Me, the non-believer say now, if being homosexual is a sin then why did your precious God 'create' homosexual people? And don't tell me those things such as: "He is a democrat and he let us choose if we want to be with Him" etc. If he was a democrat, he wouldn't 'give' us the 10 commandments.
3) Who knows if the Bible wasn't written by some people who were high? Y'know just like the 16 year olds that do pranks. If I say that Sid Vicious is God and that he is in my house, someone will believe me. K? Well, someone else that doesn't believe me, will say that he can't see me. And then I'll be all like: "You can't see him just cause you don't believe". =P
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 25th, 2007 at 01:36pm
Blink-182; Sl-tface:
Interesting.
1) I can't believe that Jesus didn't want to be sexually intimated with someone.
2) Christainity says that bisexual/lesbian/gay people are sinners. Since when is love a sin? Me, the non-believer say now, if being homosexual is a sin then why did your precious God 'create' homosexual people? And don't tell me those things such as: "He is a democrat and he let us choose if we want to be with Him" etc. If he was a democrat, he wouldn't 'give' us the 10 commandments.
3) Who knows if the Bible wasn't written by some people who were high? Y'know just like the 16 year olds that do pranks. If I say that Sid Vicious is God and that he is in my house, someone will believe me. K? Well, someone else that doesn't believe me, will say that he can't see me. And then I'll be all like: "You can't see him just cause you don't believe". =P
1. Ever heard of celibacy? You don't have to be religiously involved to live a life without sex. People have different reasons.

2. You probably live in a democratic country which doesn't mean that you don't have any laws. A state without written laws and authority is called anarchy, not democracy. Besides God can not be a democrat because its not as if he was chosen by the people or anything. He just gave us all free will.

3. Bible wasn't written by oid anyways and its here as a book to teach people lessons in metaphors, not to be taken exactly. The problem in your theory is that Sid Vicious or anyone else you choose to put as God can be proven and it can also be proven that he wasn't in your house. There is no proof that God exists, but there is no proof that he doesn't.
brompton cocktail.
Idiot
brompton cocktail.

Mibba
November 25th, 2007 at 02:15pm
east infection.:
Blink-182; Sl-tface:
Interesting.
2) Christianity says that bisexual/lesbian/gay people are sinners. Since when is love a sin? Me, the non-believer say now, if being homosexual is a sin then why did your precious God 'create' homosexual people? And don't tell me those things such as: "He is a democrat and he let us choose if we want to be with Him" etc. If he was a democrat, he wouldn't 'give' us the 10 commandments.
1. Ever heard of celibacy? You don't have to be religiously involved to live a life without sex. People have different reasons.

2. You probably live in a democratic country which doesn't mean that you don't have any laws. A state without written laws and authority is called anarchy, not democracy. Besides God can not be a democrat because its not as if he was chosen by the people or anything. He just gave us all free will.

3. Bible wasn't written by oid anyways and its here as a book to teach people lessons in metaphors, not to be taken exactly. The problem in your theory is that Sid Vicious or anyone else you choose to put as God can be proven and it can also be proven that he wasn't in your house. There is no proof that God exists, but there is no proof that he doesn't.

Exactly. Also, there's no proof that Sid Vicious isn't in my house. Who knows? Maybe he is. And y'know what? He has done miracles. I know the metaphors used in the Bible. I just can't and won't believe it. And surely, I won't believe in a God that thinks of me as a sinner because of my sexuality. And, certainly, I agree with you on the celibacy thing, but I also refuse to believe in a God who's son didn't have kids(since Jesus was the perfect God and human) , In my opinion, a perfect human has children. And based on your religion, Jesus hadn't any.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
November 25th, 2007 at 02:42pm
... We're not comparing Sid Vicious to God here, are we? Coolio
brompton cocktail.
Idiot
brompton cocktail.

Mibba
November 25th, 2007 at 04:35pm
Boobmeister:
... We're not comparing Sid Vicious to God here, are we? Coolio

tehe No. I just used it as an example. Sorry if it offended you.
Register