Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 5th, 2007 at 03:04am
Lupinator:
Well you obviously cant prove or disapprove God, but what about miracles?
I think it's really hard to prove miricles because it is just so incredibly easy to lie or make them up and pull them out of nowhere. In an awful lot of cases they can all be explained by science, too, because religious experiences are almost completely based on perspective, interpretation and experience; they can't really be looked at objectively.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 5th, 2007 at 02:29pm
Lupinator:
...what kind of miracles? Shifty
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
July 14th, 2007 at 08:59pm
I'm not a christian, I got to church and believe in god but I am NOT a christian. I am a protestant and I've heard all the stories but to be frank I don't care.

The Bible was written 2007 years ago and was known as the book of the saviour, even me and people who are christian question their beliefes but I don't listen to others opinions I follow my onw.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
July 14th, 2007 at 09:18pm
I don't mind people having their religions and stuff, I just don't like it when people try to force it upon other people.

Like when my piano teacher asked me what I did on Sundays and just said Chinese school, she asked me why I didn't go to church. I told her I wasn't religious and she asked me if I wanted to go to her church. I don't find anything wrong with that, I guess it's polite to do that if you're Christian or something but after that, she never stopped asking me to join her church...
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 14th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Rollerpig:
Lupinator:
...what kind of miracles? Shifty
Like bleeding statues and appearances of the Virgin Mary. I mean, of course you can fake those, but surely not all of them are lies? Some of the biggest sanctuaries are based on on those miracles. Lourdes, the miracle staircase of Santa Fe etc.
Domo
Geek
Domo
July 15th, 2007 at 01:04am
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
Some religions believe that these men were inspired by god. They had visions from god, and they wrote it down. This can't be answered without supporting christianity.
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
There are some christian religions that don't support this teaching.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.
Because in the bible it says it's wrong.

I was raised in a VERY religious household. Of course, I don't believe any of what I was taught, although I do believe in god. I just don't think he cares. I'm sure he's having fun with Jesus or something. . .
If you have any more questions, ask away.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 12:41pm
'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.

Wink
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 07:22pm
Is this thread about believing in God or in church/religion?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 08:16pm
stardust:
'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.

Wink
I've never before seen that quote in the Bible.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 08:17pm
I really like the Santa Fe staircase, it's a very beautiful piece of architecture.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 10:00pm
Anji:
stardust:

Wink
Neither have I I was just using the quote that they seemed to have found. Coolio
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 10:02pm
Anji:
I really like the Santa Fe staircase, it's a very beautiful piece of architecture.
What does that have to do with believing in God? Coolio
Teenager
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenager

Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 02:33am
I dont believe in any organised religions.. i find that if there is one contradiction in a holy writing then it cant be trusted... however i do believe in the possibility of God but in a strictly scientific context... i dont believe in tthe repent of sins and miracles but i do believe in the possibility of God as creator and sustainer of the universe...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 04:41am
Lupinator:
It would appear that it has turned into a discussion of both.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 02:02pm
Kurtni:
Lupinator:
It would appear that it has turned into a discussion of both.
Because I believe in God, but not in church and organized religion. And I believe in my own image of God. Think

idk, I'm a pagan rly. ._.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 17th, 2007 at 10:48am
stardust:
Anji:
stardust:

Wink
Neither have I I was just using the quote that they seemed to have found. Coolio
Yeah, I realised after I posted that. Not to pass you off as the baddie, or anything. Sorry. Molly
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 17th, 2007 at 10:58am
stardust:
Anji:
What does that have to do with believing in God? Coolio
It was built in a nunnery, um, can't really rember the story well. I think, this nunnery had two floors but no way to get from one floor to the other. One day this mysterious man turned up with a donkey and some carpentry tools and built this staircase over a fortnight, I think. And he left immediately after building it. The thing is he only had very crude tools and this staircase is immensely intricate and complex. It's a spiraling staircase, see.

OK, I suck at explaining things so here's Wikipedia: yeah.

OK, so the nuns prayed over night and then the stranger came and it was built over three months. But still it's amazing. 'He used a small number of primitive tools including a square, a saw and some warm water and constructed a spiral staircase entirely of non-native wood.'

Seriously, look at this:

See how tight the spiral is. Even with modern day equipment and machinery, it's very difficult to replicate.

Of course there is the association the Jesus Christ as Jesus was a carpenter as well.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 19th, 2007 at 07:45am
I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Infact I go to church almost every week. Usually because we couldn't on Saturday(like we usually do) and we are to lazy to wake up on Sunday morning to go). Also, I wear a crucific [sp?] every single day. I love my crucific b/c my priest got it in Vatican City and the Pope blessed it. Infact, I have 2 of them. One was baptized by Pope John Paul II and the other by Pope Benedict. I love my crosses so I wear one every day. I wear them so people can see them. I want people to know I believe in God and that I'm proud of my believes.
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
July 24th, 2007 at 12:06pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
I believe in God and Jesus Christ. Infact I go to church almost every week. Usually because we couldn't on Saturday(like we usually do) and we are to lazy to wake up on Sunday morning to go). Also, I wear a crucific [sp?] every single day. I love my crucific b/c my priest got it in Vatican City and the Pope blessed it. Infact, I have 2 of them. One was baptized by Pope John Paul II and the other by Pope Benedict. I love my crosses so I wear one every day. I wear them so people can see them. I want people to know I believe in God and that I'm proud of my believes.

Yeah.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 24th, 2007 at 09:52pm
I used to know a girl who would constantly tell me I was a devil worshipper. She was brought up a strict Christian and was quite vocal on her stance on religion. To be honest we were quite good friends, we just had very radically different views on our religion. She never gave up calling me a devil worshipper though. Very strange girl. I think her parents were missionaries which explained the circumstances under which we met.

The thing is, I could never find an excuse to get worked up about being called a 'devil worshipper' since I had long accepted our differences and felt that if I didn't believe what she was telling me, why should I care what she says, even though I am Christian as well.

I think this only goes to show that the seam in Christianity is spreading wider and soon enough they will be barely reconisable as forming from the same religion. I think this is also further proof that there used to be a general, universal religion thousands of years ago and as it spread across the globe, it shifted by name and by small characteristics.
Register