Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 08:54pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
But the part where he said that Catholics have nothing to lose and atheists might, that was the part that I agreed with.

Ok, but if your only reason for practicing christianity is because you might have something to lose, you aren't really practicing it, are you? If you truely believed in it, there would be no "might". And if you practice Christianity as a defense, you'd end up in hell anyways. That article was stating the obvious and I don't get why everything thinks its so great. Think
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 09:13pm
Herr Doktor:
Then again, what if it's the wrong afterlife and it turns up to be some obscure thing and Anubis ends up weighing your heart against the feather of life or something and if you aren't good enough a demon eats it and if it is then you go to that afterlife.

Like a comedian once said:

Some comedian dude:

It's the day you're meeting your maker. All of the Gods are lined up. You've chosen your God, you're happy with your God. You go up to them and they pull out a card saying "Bluff" How gutting would that be?

And there is a special place in the Christian dogma for good people who are not Christian: Limbo.

It's a special part of Hell were you do not feel pain or anything but you are separated from Heaven. Allegedly, all unbaptised children, all the Jews that were born before Christ and all good people who ain't Christian hang there.

Poor old Limbo, it gets so forgotten.
Limbo is just a bunch of nonsense. You get damned because you are born before Jesus or cause you aren't baptised, thats the one of the worst things Christians ever invented. If you die young and you aren't baptised you get punished for that., its not even your fault, I cant stand the idea of it. Feeling nothing is worse than feeling something.

And purgatory is a place where you clean yourself because, although you died in friendship with God, you still have too many sins to go to heaven.

My problem is that I have my own vision of God and what I believe in. The thing is that my God is ten times more liberal than a Christian God so if He turns out to be real I'm sure to go to hell. I mean, I cant die in friendship with Him because I am not sorry for half of my sins. Sry2say my God fancies homosexuals and has nothing against contraception. He didn't kill a bunch of Egyptian babies and flood the whole world.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 1st, 2007 at 10:32pm
Kurtni:
Shadow of a Doubt:
But the part where he said that Catholics have nothing to lose and atheists might, that was the part that I agreed with.

Ok, but if your only reason for practicing christianity is because you might have something to lose, you aren't really practicing it, are you? If you truely believed in it, there would be no "might". And if you practice Christianity as a defense, you'd end up in hell anyways. That article was stating the obvious and I don't get why everything thinks its so great. Think

I never said I was Catholic because I might have something to lose. I'm Catholic because I was brought up that way. I go to church and I went to a Catholic school for 12 years. It's my faith and it's what I believe in. I said, "might" because Catholics could be wrong. I'm like 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure we are not, but I think everyone has some sort of doubt. Or at least questions it. In my religion classes in high school we talked about how everyone questions their faith in someway or another. I think it's only natural.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 01:41am
Bittersweet.:
My problem is that I have my own vision of God and what I believe in. The thing is that my God is ten times more liberal than a Christian God so if He turns out to be real I'm sure to go to hell. I mean, I cant die in friendship with Him because I am not sorry for half of my sins. Sry2say my God fancies homosexuals and has nothing against contraception. He didn't kill a bunch of Egyptian babies and flood the whole world.
I really like that one tbh.
moop
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
moop

Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 02:42am
i wasn't raised like that, honestly.
people who do mostly were raised like that.
i'm not saying everyone was.. but most.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:11am
perfect fit.:
i wasn't raised like that, honestly.
people who do mostly were raised like that.
i'm not saying everyone was.. but most.

And too bad for you.. I'm one of those who have been raised that way but don't believe at all Mr. Green
My parents did that for the family. My grandparents are strong believers, it's even crazy. So my parents kinda taught us the religion and all, but now, none of us believe..
Even my parents.. which, I could say, went really far since my moter and my grandmother hardly talk now. The problem: my mum said that she didn't want funerals at church.. SACRILEGE! Rolling Eyes
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 04:22am
Cecilia:

And too bad for you.. I'm one of those who have been raised that way but don't believe at all Mr. Green
My parents did that for the family. My grandparents are strong believers, it's even crazy. So my parents kinda taught us the religion and all, but now, none of us believe..
Even my parents.. which, I could say, went really far since my moter and my grandmother hardly talk now. The problem: my mum said that she didn't want funerals at church.. SACRILEGE! Rolling Eyes

I was raised with a father who wants a pet goat named Satan with the "devil's" star on it's forehead..

Needless to say, I don't believe. I'm not an evil person or anything. I just put my faith into myself, rather than an "ultimate being" such as a God.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 2nd, 2007 at 11:06am
Bittersweet.:
Sry2say my God fancies homosexuals and has nothing against contraception. He didn't kill a bunch of Egyptian babies and flood the whole world.
lmfao lmfao I want to join Ivana's religion. tehe
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
November 2nd, 2007 at 11:41am
I'm not a real atheist,but I dont agree with most of the things Church declared. That's one of the main reasons why I'm not a big of Christian or anything.
I dont like how Church tells everyone to share their wealth with the poor and the priests are the ones who have money and drive expensive cars.
I dont like how Church discriminates homosexuals,when they say we should all accept each other.
And one of the things I don't understand is how can pope "cancel" Limbo just like that. Limbo was something Church and the people have believed in for centuries and then one day the pope just decided to cancel it.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 2nd, 2007 at 12:02pm
The Pope cancelled Limbo? Eh
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
November 2nd, 2007 at 12:06pm
Apparently :/
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 02:17pm
When did that happen?
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 2nd, 2007 at 03:01pm
More info plz.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:51pm
I find that awesomely hilerious.

How can one dude that rules the church just cancel a part of Hell? I thought that Satan would have had something to say about that.

I really want to draw a cartoon of that.

And purgatory does not equal Limbo. So you know.

And unbaptised babes cannot go to Heaven as they are tainted with the original sin which the traditional baptism eliminated.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:38pm
Herr Doktor:
And unbaptised babes cannot go to Heaven as they are tainted with the original sin which the traditional baptism eliminated.
Harsh.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:38pm
vonny:
I just put my faith into myself, rather than an "ultimate being" such as a God.

Exactly what I usually say (:
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
November 2nd, 2007 at 06:43pm
Bittersweet.:
If you die young and you aren't baptised you get punished for that., its not even your fault, I cant stand the idea of it.

That is not true. I was taught you only are damned if you choose not to follow Jesus. If you have the chance to accept he died for you but you don't.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 09:23pm
Cartoon Caterpillar!:
Bittersweet.:
If you die young and you aren't baptised you get punished for that., its not even your fault, I cant stand the idea of it.

That is not true. I was taught you only are damned if you choose not to follow Jesus. If you have the chance to accept he died for you but you don't.
A 2 year-old kid cant even choose what colour of socks to wear. Coolio

And yeah the pope canceled it. Well it was never something that completely accepted by church, but people believed in it for centuries and I find it ridiculous that he just decided to cancel it. I bet God had to move all those people. Mr. Green

I was never brought up in a religious family and I am grateful for that. My dad is an atheist and my mum dislikes the church. My grandma never cared, really. I dislike it that in the end I had to go through Confession, although Holy Communion was the last thing I chosen to do freely. But anyways since I don't have to take Religion Class at school anymore my life as a Catholic has finally officially stopped.

Just because you are brought up some way doesn't make you have to brainwashingly do and believe whatever they tell you.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
November 2nd, 2007 at 10:15pm
So...now that the Limbo is canceled...where are the children and people who were born before Jesus supposed to go? Think

I think we should all just choose if we want to believe in God or not. Parents and teachers are the ones who teach you about religion and tell you what you should believe in when you're just a kid,so we don't actually have much choice.
It's like they...brainwash you from the start.
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
November 3rd, 2007 at 01:41pm
GAYS ARE BITCHIN:
Cartoon Caterpillar!:
Bittersweet.:

A 2 year-old kid cant even choose what colour of socks to wear. Coolio

I meant that. I talked about it in my youth group and I got the answer that little children who haven't yet sinned, at least not on purpose, and died are surely not going to. Without any sins we go to God after we died. It's nothing but our sins that separates us. But humans are sinners. There's not one human who hasn't sinned. We are 'bound to sins' since Adam and Eve left Eden. Jesus died for our sins so we can go up to our father although we're sinning humans. But we have to accept it. If you choose not to accept it, then..yeah well. An infant is basically without sin. They will go to heaven surely after they died.
Register