Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 9th, 2006 at 11:43am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

Open a paper, watch the news and then tell me there is a god, because for me if there is then he has a very fucking wicked sense of humour.

Wasn't it you who posted in another thread about how you'd had an 'Experience' with God?

...Personally, I don't believe in the existance of a supreme being because there is little evidence to contradict me. Obviously if there is evidence out there then I am fully prepared to change that particular opinion.

But people who sing the 'I hate God and I hate Jesus and I hate those fucking narrow minded Christians' tune just don't know how much worse it makes them sound.

I call that narrow minded when they don't have the simple respect to understand other people's beliefs. I'm ashamed to say I went through a rather immature 'Anti-Christian' phase a while ago...I soon grew out of that because I am mature enough to accept that even if worshipping bloody Pixies makes someone happy, then who am I to argue?. I might not agree but it is giving them fulfillment...

yes your right i did, but i also said that i was a mormon and i have now been discommunicated from the church and that i also think that religion is so full of Hypocrites. And i also said that i didnt know if it was god or just somthing else that i cant explain.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 11:47am
tre_cool_is_god:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

Open a paper, watch the news and then tell me there is a god, because for me if there is then he has a very fucking wicked sense of humour.

Wasn't it you who posted in another thread about how you'd had an 'Experience' with God?

...Personally, I don't believe in the existance of a supreme being because there is little evidence to contradict me. Obviously if there is evidence out there then I am fully prepared to change that particular opinion.

But people who sing the 'I hate God and I hate Jesus and I hate those fucking narrow minded Christians' tune just don't know how much worse it makes them sound.

I call that narrow minded when they don't have the simple respect to understand other people's beliefs. I'm ashamed to say I went through a rather immature 'Anti-Christian' phase a while ago...I soon grew out of that because I am mature enough to accept that even if worshipping bloody Pixies makes someone happy, then who am I to argue?. I might not agree but it is giving them fulfillment...

yes your right i did, but i also said that i was a mormon and i have now been discommunicated from the church and that i also think that religion is so full of Hypocrites. And i also said that i didnt know if it was god or just somthing else that i cant explain.

Fair 'nuff. My mistake Smile
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
January 9th, 2006 at 01:44pm
I don't know if i believe or not!!
I was brought up Catholic and once they have you, you cant leave. Your Catholic for life even if you din't believe.

My only problem with the whole God thing is that we know more about Santa Clause than God and we know for a fact that Santa Clause isn't real.
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
January 9th, 2006 at 03:41pm
Maybe I believe, but not in that God church made....just a...some kind of god : >
Who don't say what to do, what to say, how to be, what's for every sin u do and all the other stupid rules.

However, Why should we even need a God ?

And if for me there is a god, that isn't a man, or maybe yes, but the point is, that for me is something I will never be/see/touch or taste.

Now I'm really cofused ok let's say I think just what I wrote...Hate threads like this...If u had to think much about things that u are not sure about...
It's like talking about If there's any cheese in my frigde....
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 9th, 2006 at 04:01pm
tre_cool_is_god:

As I said before hand, I don't think much of it.
Now, I know that everything happens for a reason.
That means: All the crime, All the hate, All the sins.
You can't sit there and tell me just because of some bad things in this world, "How can there be a god?"
Do you ever look at the good things? There is always a good side, Start looking at it.
If there is no god, We would be in even more shit most likely.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 9th, 2006 at 04:12pm
I believe in God.
Bible is shit
Church in shit
Religion is shit

...just my personal opinion
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 9th, 2006 at 04:21pm
i am unsure ....... well if there really this great man in the sky how couls he let this tuff happen to us .... and i agree with you on your questions ASK THEM O_O
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 9th, 2006 at 04:23pm
[quote="Bloodraine"]
tre_cool_is_god:

...Personally, I don't believe in the existance of a supreme being because there is little evidence to contradict me. Obviously if there is evidence out there then I am fully prepared to change that particular opinion.\[quote/]

Clap i completely agree with you , if there is evidence to tell me that there truly is a god i will change my thinking
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
January 9th, 2006 at 05:17pm
My question: If God exists, why can't he stop child abuse?

And don't say something like,"It's meant to be." or "God's busy."
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 9th, 2006 at 05:25pm
*Blue Star*Duj0indisguise:

I'll tell you why - because God is a shit. God is cruel, God only cares about what They want to care about. They have their own plan that might not match yours or mine. God exists, but it doesn't mean God is a perfectly nice person who wants peace on Earth. It just might be the most perverted and merciless shit ever.

Besides, I believe that God and Devil are the same person.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 9th, 2006 at 05:43pm
I don't believe in God because I've no proof that he exists.
There's some elvolutionist who once said "If someone told you there was a tea pot orbiting the earth, and telescopes couldn't see this tea pot because it is too small, would you believe them? probably not.
Now say the town elders wrote books about this tea pot, and it's phoisphies and through the ages people began to worship the tea pot. Then If someone came along and said said they didn't think the tea pot existed they would be considered a bit of an eccentric."
I think what he was trying to say was the idea of worshiping a tea pot seems ludicrous to us, but to the tea pot worshipers it may seem ludicrous to worship God. And I agree.
The day I pray to God is the day I worship a tea pot.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 9th, 2006 at 05:45pm
Faith:
*Blue Star*Duj0indisguise:

I'll tell you why - because God is a shit. God is cruel, God only cares about what They want to care about. They have their own plan that might not match yours or mine. God exists, but it doesn't mean God is a perfectly nice person who wants peace on Earth. It just might be the most perverted and merciless shit ever.

Besides, I believe that God and Devil are the same person.

I believe God is possibly the most vendictive fictional chactor invented by man.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 9th, 2006 at 06:04pm
Incubus:
There's some elvolutionist who once said "If someone told you there was a tea pot orbiting the earth, and telescopes couldn't see this tea pot because it is too small, would you believe them? probably not.
Now say the town elders wrote books about this tea pot, and it's phoisphies and through the ages people began to worship the tea pot. Then If someone came along and said said they didn't think the tea pot existed they would be considered a bit of an eccentric."
I think what he was trying to say was the idea of worshiping a tea pot seems ludicrous to us, but to the tea pot worshipers it may seem ludicrous to worship God. And I agree.

Maybe to some God is a tea pot. Maybe to some God is...pot. Well, that's not where I'm going right now...

I just want to say that people believe in something/someone who has influence on their life. I believe in a higher being that has more powers than humans, and I just call it "God" for short. It might be a group of beings, might be fuck knows what, but I believe there is something there. Then again, I believe that my husband is an angel, and that the Matrix is a scientific theory... Confused
Tyler
Tyler
January 9th, 2006 at 06:31pm
I believe in God I am a Christian, but I wouldn't say I'm extremly religous, but I go to Chruch every week, I go to CCD etc.

tre_cool_is_god:

I'll give you a Biblical (sp?) answer. God created humans with free will.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 9th, 2006 at 08:10pm
Tyler:
I believe in God I am a Christian, but I wouldn't say I'm extremly religous, but I go to Chruch every week, I go to CCD etc.

tre_cool_is_god:

I'll give you a Biblical (sp?) answer. God created humans with free will.

But not really. If you don't do what he says you're gonna go to hell. That's not free will.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 9th, 2006 at 08:11pm
Bloodraine:
BLURofaDEADPAST:
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

Do not make the mistake of thinking all Christains are homophobic or intolerant idiots. That is even worse than homophobia, that is plain Ignorance.
Okay. My mistake.
But I'm just going by the Christians I know.
And the ones I see on TV yelling at people during Gay Pride parades that they are going to hell and that God doesn't love them and blah blah blah.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 9th, 2006 at 08:16pm
Faith:
Incubus:

Maybe to some God is a tea pot. Maybe to some God is...pot. Well, that's not where I'm going right now...

I just want to say that people believe in something/someone who has influence on their life. I believe in a higher being that has more powers than humans, and I just call it "God" for short. It might be a group of beings, might be fuck knows what, but I believe there is something there. Then again, I believe that my husband is an angel, and that the Matrix is a scientific theory... Confused
Green Day has influence in my life. But I mean I didn't right a book about them and make rules about how to worship them and stuff.
I dunno.
I like the teapot theory though.
*Needstogetthisout*
It just pisses me off the Bible & Christians contradict themselves so much.
I'm not saying it's only them.
But almost all of my friend believe in God.
And they think they are better than everyone else.
And I think that's just stupid.
But that's just my opinion.
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
January 9th, 2006 at 08:18pm
Oh and also if you believe in God does it offend you that Green Day uses stuff like Bullet in a Bible? Jesus of Suburbia? St. Jimmy?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
January 9th, 2006 at 08:21pm
BLURofaDEADPAST:
Oh and also if you believe in God does it offend you that Green Day uses stuff like Bullet in a Bible? Jesus of Suburbia? St. Jimmy?

i don't hink it should ... i am unsure .. so i really can't truly have an opinion but if they are offend by that there is something wrong ......
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2006 at 08:23pm
tre_cool_is_god:

I guess thats what you get when you have free will, the alternative is that we all controlled by some alternate being that decides what we do when we do it.

Yeah the world is shit, but we only have ourselves to blame, there's no point in wondering why if there is a god why doesn't he shoot thunderbolts at bad people, because it's our world we fucked it up, we should fix it.

whats the point in living if you never get to expericance life, i read the newspapers and watch the news and yes people dying and children going missing is horrible but it's nothing new, people don't believe anymore because the media which broadcasts these events control our lives, when television didn't exist the victorians didn't blame god for Jack the Ripper, because there wasn't a man sitting behind a desk in their front room blaming it on some religious cult.

People are so afraid of religion that they have succombed to the worst demon that exist, fear of humanity. (not directed at the quote) Nobody can say they are not afraid of religion because fear is spawned by hate, and you have all made your hatred for religion known.

Has anyone stopped to notice that while all these horrible things are happening and are being reported onto your telivison screens and through you letterbox, that your now being controlled by what the state tells you, there is no such thing as a independant media resource everything is first drained by the government.

You shouldn't be judging people who believe in something higher than our own earthly beings, because everyone needs something to believe in, be it god, heaven or taco bell

Oh and in responce to the person who feels that hell would be a more fun place to exist, i thought that once and then i grew up, i'm in no hurry to spend eternity with Hitler and Ted Bundy.
Register