Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 06:37pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I wonder what ExtraordinaryGirl would say in this thread?

Probably call us all closed-minded stereoptypical idiots

Yeah, go tell me she'd only call me that 'cuz that's what I am...
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 10th, 2006 at 06:38pm
BLURofaDEADPAST:
If this is a double. Lock it. If it's in the wrong section. Move it.

Okay My question is 'Why Don't You Believe In God?'

My reason is for asking is. I don't. But my friend drags me to church or youth group every so often. Everyone there thinks I do believe in God. Tonight she dragged me there for the first time in 5 months. The youth pastor was talking about future youth nights and what we would discuss. One topic caught my attention. We're gonna talk about doubts & creationism vs. evolution. They're gonna give us a piece of paper and we can ask whatever and they should be able to come up with an answer supporting Christianity. But I wanna give them a question that they can't answer. So that's where I want yall to help me. I only have a few questions I can think of. And anymore would be helpful so yeah, Type away.

My Questions/Statements.
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

That's all I can think of.

Ask:

Lucifer (the Angel of Light) was the really the beautiful and coveted angel in Heaven. And 1/3 of the angels believed that he was a better god, then why is he now told to be a monsterous creature, half beast, half man?

Also, ask:

If Lucifer was damned for having more human traits than that of a god, are all humans doomed forever?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 06:41pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

lmfao
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 06:43pm
VF Lover!:

If Lucifer was damned for having more human traits than that of a god, are all humans doomed forever?

Ehhh...yeah.

Well, he wasn't supposed to have human traits. We are.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:

lmfao

...whatever that means...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 10th, 2006 at 06:45pm
VF Lover!:
BLURofaDEADPAST:

My reason is for asking is. I don't. But my friend drags me to church or youth group every so often. Everyone there thinks I do believe in God. Tonight she dragged me there for the first time in 5 months. The youth pastor was talking about future youth nights and what we would discuss. One topic caught my attention. We're gonna talk about doubts & creationism vs. evolution. They're gonna give us a piece of paper and we can ask whatever and they should be able to come up with an answer supporting Christianity. But I wanna give them a question that they can't answer. So that's where I want yall to help me. I only have a few questions I can think of. And anymore would be helpful so yeah, Type away.

My Questions/Statements.
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

Ask:

Lucifer (the Angel of Light) was the really the beautiful and coveted angel in Heaven. And 1/3 of the angels believed that he was a better god, then why is he now told to be a monsterous creature, half beast, half man?

Also, ask:

Lucifer was damned because he led a revolt against god, if someone was attacking your home wouldn't you banish them.

It was thought that the face of lucifer changed becuase power and evil corrupts the soul, in this case it transformed him.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 06:49pm
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.
I actually believe he was Archangel Jesual's (later to become the Christian's Jesus) brother, but Jesual became this big...thing, sort of got a promotion, and Lucifer was kinda an Anarchist, yet an equalist at the same time. He didn't stand for that, so I actually believe he gave UP being an archangel, therefore becoming a fallen angel, just because he wanted to help us on Earth, but in a different way from which Jesus did. Maybe to show us indiviualism or whatever. But also showing us, to do what WE need to do, not we're told, to fulfil our own needs. I can actually relate to Lucifer so much more than any other deity even, like my own Goddess Athena, I still feel somewhat closer to Lucifer.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 06:49pm
Ohh yeah, and even THEN, he had 1/3 of the other angels follow him.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 06:51pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.
I actually believe he was Archangel Jesual's (later to become the Christian's Jesus) brother, but Jesual became this big...thing, sort of got a promotion, and Lucifer was kinda an Anarchist, yet an equalist at the same time. He didn't stand for that, so I actually believe he gave UP being an archangel, therefore becoming a fallen angel, just because he wanted to help us on Earth, but in a different way from which Jesus did. Maybe to show us indiviualism or whatever. But also showing us, to do what WE need to do, not we're told, to fulfil our own needs. I can actually relate to Lucifer so much more than any other deity even, like my own Goddess Athena, I still feel somewhat closer to Lucifer.

Wow...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 06:55pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.

Wow...

Is that like..a bad wow or a good wow...

lmfao
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 10th, 2006 at 06:59pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.

Wow...

lmfao

Alex, I luff you. You still Wiccan or are you an Lucifernist (sp?) now
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 07:00pm
VF Lover!:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.

Wow...

lmfao

Alex, I luff you. You still Wiccan or are you an Lucifernist (sp?) now

No, I'm still Wiccan. I can't be Luciferian Satanist because I don't believe in the Christian God. But I do, however, believe in angels and fallen angels and so on.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 07:01pm
And I luff you too!
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 10th, 2006 at 07:04pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

No, I'm still Wiccan. I can't be Luciferian Satanist because I don't believe in the Christian God. But I do, however, believe in angels and fallen angels and so on.

Oh... okay.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 07:24pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
VF Lover!:

Ehhh...yeah.

I love Lucifer so much.

Wow...

lmfao

Yeah, that's what I thought about your lmfao
Is that like...a bad lmfao or a good lmfao

That was just a wow, I guess. I don't believe in the Christian mythology, so I can't really have an opinion on that whole Lucifer deal. But if that was the case - I like your perception.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 07:27pm
Thanks.

And I used lmfao because I use lmfao in pretty much every post I make.

IT'S A FUCKING ADDICTION. REHAB!
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
January 10th, 2006 at 07:28pm
fancy pants:
BLURofaDEADPAST:

My Questions/Statements.

You should bring up the suppressed gospels and how they could have impacted modern Christianity if they had not been hidden in the desert sands for thousands of years. Ask why Christianity discriminates against women so much. And ask about dinosaurs. There's proof they existed, yet there's no mention of them in the Bible. Ask them why the Bible says the Earth is only 6000 or so years old when we've recovered fossils and skeletons dating back 10,000 years. Tell them that the Bible isn't meant to be taken completely literally and a lot of it would be misinterpreted through translation. Especially since it's old white balding men that translated it. Men that were biased. Ask them if Christianity is supposed to be the truth, then why is EVERYTHING about it based on religions that came before it. Ask them why Jesus is always represented as peaceful and forgiving when he was cruel and violent. And why everyone always thinks he was white when he would have OBVIOUSLY been Middle Eastern.
Wow -claps-
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 07:32pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Thanks.

Rehab conversation:
Karrie: I'm here because I've attempted suicide 12 times.
Mary: I'm here because I'm addicted to coke.
Alex: I'm here because I use lmfao too much...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 10th, 2006 at 07:34pm
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Thanks.

Rehab conversation:

LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO.

My Goddess, that would be hilarious.
We are so offtopic here lmfao
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 10th, 2006 at 07:39pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Thanks.

Rehab conversation:

LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO.

My Goddess, that would be hilarious.
We are so offtopic here lmfao

I know... Rolling Eyes I hope God does mind...
Register