Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 14th, 2006 at 01:04pm
To BLURofaDEADPAST:

Has the discussion happened yet? I'd be itching to ask them anything at all, you've got a damn good chance to be a prick here...it's not very nice and I wouldn't be mean about it, but still, it's a fantastic opportunity...

I've always wondered how creationists believe that the Earth was created 6000 years ago, complete with humans #1 and 2. We've got fossil evidence suggesting that, in fact, there was life on Earth 65 million years ago, and rock dating shows a great deal of bedrock is older than that. If they don't buy that science can date rocks and fossils, then that means that how science views a great number of generally accepted things is wrong to them as well, including most theories on radiation and the Bomb. Also ask them for one if they liked "Jurassic Park;" then try to explain that they can either have Jurassic Park or Creationism.

Let us know how it flies! Don't do anything I wouldn't do...but I'd do a hell of a lot, so go ahead!
*~*Hula*~*
King For A Couple Of Days
*~*Hula*~*
January 14th, 2006 at 02:25pm
I think I may be anitreligious.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 14th, 2006 at 02:59pm
Spirit Of '77:
Sheepo@_@:
[QUOTE="Spirit Of he wasnt buried he was put in a cave.
$_$

haha, really? they worship the guy and they can't even give him a proper burial? Laughing

Get your facts right. Or at least do us the favour of doing a minimum of research before mocking the entire Christian religion Rolling Eyes .

Jesus died on Good Friday. Saturday was regarded as a Sabbath. Therefore, to bury him on the Saturday would be outlawed, so instead his body was prepared for burial then left safely in a cave, ready for the proper arrangements to take place on the Sunday.
Kiru
Geek
Kiru
January 14th, 2006 at 03:46pm
Truth is, I think I might be one of those people that's all "I believe in God!"...but when it comes right down to it...I don't know.

As for your questions:

1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners? - I don't.
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me. - Well, it's more that they CAN. Like, one of my teachers said when a girl asked if we had to do some assignment "No, but you'll get a bad grade if you don't." ...if that makes sense.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.
-because those Christians are idiots. Surprised
Really I don't know, because I'm not one of them, generally.
Although I do have a problem with stupid people, I'm not orientation/race/gender specific on that one.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 14th, 2006 at 06:53pm
grimmie666:
i don't believe in the bible and i rather believe in aliens... think of the pyrmids... nazca bird and bla bla bla...

I also read Dan Brown's angels and demons... so cool lots of not well known information of vatican's bullshit
Actually, a lot of information in his books is either false or not proven. I haven't finished Angels and Demons yet though. But I've read The Da Vinci Code and I've seen a bunch of shows about what's true and false in that book.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 14th, 2006 at 07:10pm
Sheepo@_@:
Ghost_in_the_snow:
Sheepo@_@:
Ghost_in_the_snow:

ya bt explain y gays and lesbians are "evil" and y didnt god just 4get eve? mayb i will read the bible.... Very Happy
Well since God loves everyone he doesnt believe their evil just what they do. But that goes hand in hand on who they are. So they can repent what they do, in the Bible it says its wrong for two men to "lay" together but I guess they could still love each other. Im still reading on it. How can you forget Eve like the mother of everybody? o_x She did something wrong so they like both got punished. Damn poison apples. ><

ya but y is it evil is what at im wondering.... is there an answer to it or is just evil in the eyes of the church?
Well I dont think its evil but most Christians do for some reason. :/ I mean the Bible says its evil to sleep with someone of the same sex but its not to love them. What I think is everyone should be able to create babies [yep guys should have babies] cause then I dont think it be evil.

im christian but i dont. ya guys should have to go through child birth too! Cool
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 14th, 2006 at 07:17pm
I don't think guys should be able to have kids! That takes away the whole..mother/child bond. The whole female race is based around it. The Mother Goddess gave birth to the Earth, the Sun God created it, that's the way it SHOULD be.
-Shudders- I would so hate guys to be able to give birth!!
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
January 14th, 2006 at 07:21pm
i dont believe in god, christianity just doesnt make sense to me
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 14th, 2006 at 07:22pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
I don't think guys should be able to have kids! That takes away the whole..mother/child bond. The whole female race is based around it. The Mother Goddess gave birth to the Earth, the Sun God created it, that's the way it SHOULD be.

To be honest, I would want to see a guy push a child through his dick.
I remember an episode of Sliders, where in one world something wend wrong in the female organism and they had to sort of transplant the child into the male so he could give birth to it Shocked Well, unless something like that happens, I don't think males should give birth to children. Confused
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
January 14th, 2006 at 07:23pm
guys should have kids, i have the lowest pain tolerance, im either gonna not have kids or adopt
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 14th, 2006 at 07:27pm
StJimmyLivesInMyBasement:
guys should have kids, i have the lowest pain tolerance, im either gonna not have kids or adopt

I'm never gonna have children. Not because of the pain tolerance, I just don't want to. Rolling Eyes
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 14th, 2006 at 07:27pm

I have low pain resistance, but I really want kids. Preferably female but I'll love 'em whatever Cool
If guys had kids, it would turn the world completly round, knwoing our whole lives were..well...I dunno, but it just wouldn't make it special, y'know?
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 14th, 2006 at 07:30pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:

I have low pain resistance, but I really want kids. Preferably female but I'll love 'em whatever Cool
If guys had kids, it would turn the world completly round, knwoing our whole lives were..well...I dunno, but it just wouldn't make it special, y'know?

Yeah, some women are just born to be mothers, I guess. I don't know, it would be nice to have a choice (like, which of the partners has the kid), and it would make it easier for male gay couples too...
But that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so don't worry Wink
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 14th, 2006 at 08:11pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Why cant the father have a bond with a child like that?!?! O_O
redc
Jackass
redc
January 14th, 2006 at 08:12pm
Do I believe in God? No, but I'm not going to dis anyone who does - I don't respect closed-mindness, but I will respect people's religious rights.

Why don't I? I need hard core proof, someone saying to me that he just does exist isn't good enough. I do like the "teapot" angle.

I'd love to get into how the universe was created (someone asked a couple pages back) - but here isn't the time or place...that's a whole other thread.

I'm just going to leave you with the lyrics to one of my favourite songs, Dear God by XTC:

Dear god,
Hope you got the letter,
And I pray you can make it better down here.
I don’t mean a big reduction in the price of beer,
But all the people that you made in your image,
See them starving on their feet,
’cause they don’t get enough to eat

From god,
I can’t believe in you.

Dear god,
Sorry to disturb you,
But I feel that I should be heard loud and clear.
We all need a big reduction in amount of tears,
And all the people that you made in your image,
See them fighting in the street,
’cause they can’t make opinions meet,
About god,
I can’t believe in you.

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue?
Did you make mankind after we made you?
And the devil too!

Dear god,
Don’t know if you noticed,
But your name is on a lot of quotes in this book.
Us crazy humans wrote it, you should take a look,
And all the people that you made in your image,
Still believing that junk is true.
Well I know it ain’t and so do you,
Dear god,
I can’t believe in,
I don’t believe in,

I won’t believe in heaven and hell.
No saints, no sinners,
No devil as well.
No pearly gates, no thorny crown.
You’re always letting us humans down.
The wars you bring, the babes you drown.
Those lost at sea and never found,
And it’s the same the whole world ’round.
The hurt I see helps to compound,
That the father, son and holy ghost,
Is just somebody’s unholy hoax,
And if you’re up there you’ll perceive,
That my heart’s here upon my sleeve.
If there’s one thing I don’t believe in...

It’s you,
Dear god.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 14th, 2006 at 08:19pm
Sheepo@_@:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Why cant the father have a bond with a child like that?!?! O_O

Because it would alter my entire beliefs.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 14th, 2006 at 08:19pm
It would screw everything up/
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 14th, 2006 at 08:25pm
Two things come to mind:

Hey God, tell me what the hell is going on,
It seems like all the good shit's gone,
It keeps on getting harder hanging on.
But hey hey hey hey God
There's nights you know I wanna scream,
These days you're even harder to believe,
I know how busy you must be,
But hey hey hey hey God
Do you ever think about me?

And the other one is something that was said quite recently by my husband, the person who believes in God more than anyone I've ever met:

God is not here.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 14th, 2006 at 09:43pm
Well, if there is a god, I already have a one-way ticket into hell.
I agree with the three reasons listed. Very Happy
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 14th, 2006 at 09:49pm
If I picked a religion that I could most relate to and believe in would be Wicca. I know a little about it, and I know it's a little far fetched but it makes a lot of sense. Well, I dunno about the Mother Goddess giving birth to the Earth and all, but it seems okay to believe.

I pretty much stick with not believing in a god because I've figured it out. It's a lie. Some people say there is another dimension you go to for haven and hell, but I'd need proof to believe that. Rolling Eyes Like everything else.
Register