Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
-Misery-
Geek
-Misery-
January 16th, 2006 at 10:38pm
No

I belive a human cell hit the earth and made loads of humans.

And if he was around way back then, the dinasours would of killed him.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 16th, 2006 at 10:56pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
again (I know it isn't intentional and we all do it), please don't twist what I say, and please don't use humor to belittle my opinion (there are thousands of other ways to do it)

and I understand my mistake in wording it so you aren't really at fault or anything
I was just saying that if we have trouble finding a purpous for him to make homos then why would he make bis?

personally, with what I know about bisexuality, (and with what I know about homosexuality) I believe it is all bull crap
I believe that bisexuals are either fake or just heterosexuals that have such bad pyscological health that they are sexually frusturated

You don't want me to use humor, while all you use is "bull crap" and calling people "fake"
I don't think I twisted your words - I merely explained to you why exactly I misunderstood you, is that bad? Or did it look like I caught your lie?
If you don't want people to use humor to belittle your opinion - then don't use "I believe it is all bull crap" for the same purposses.
I wasn't using it to belittle your opinion (you haven't even stated an opinion for it yet); and you took it completely out of context
if you called Nazis fake and bull crap for their actions it could seem like I'm the bad guy if taken out of context

and a lot of people think that humor is a way to win an argument (like the guy on the basketball court who tells the lowest "Yo Mama" joke wins the crowd support you can do the same and you shouldn't)

and it's not all I use, I present the information, show my logic, draw my conclusion

and don't say shit like, "or did I catch you in a lie"
that's only used in Cop Dramas....anyone using it in real life would seem very cheesy (and it is very belittling...we're in a forum that is all on people's beliefes, opinions, morals, and everything else that belittling would make them feel unwanted here and no one wants that)

Wow, dude, do you at least see what you're doing? You're contradicting yourself all over the place, I'm just wondering whether you realize it or not.

And what exactly have I not stated my opinion on? I thought I've stated my opinion on just about anything here.
Your debating methods are very interesting. First you call people fake and cheesy and then go all bitchy when they quote you. That's what quotes are for - so people could see your post and decide for themselves whether I'm taking anything out of context or twisting your words.
When I quote something I at least bother to copy it from the original text - you, the fighter against taking things out of context, managed to change my words completely so they look better for your argument. Do you expect me to take you seriously after that?
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 16th, 2006 at 11:12pm
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
again (I know it isn't intentional and we all do it), please don't twist what I say, and please don't use humor to belittle my opinion (there are thousands of other ways to do it)

and I understand my mistake in wording it so you aren't really at fault or anything
I was just saying that if we have trouble finding a purpous for him to make homos then why would he make bis?

personally, with what I know about bisexuality, (and with what I know about homosexuality) I believe it is all bull crap
I believe that bisexuals are either fake or just heterosexuals that have such bad pyscological health that they are sexually frusturated

You don't want me to use humor, while all you use is "bull crap" and calling people "fake"
I don't think I twisted your words - I merely explained to you why exactly I misunderstood you, is that bad? Or did it look like I caught your lie?
If you don't want people to use humor to belittle your opinion - then don't use "I believe it is all bull crap" for the same purposses.
I wasn't using it to belittle your opinion (you haven't even stated an opinion for it yet); and you took it completely out of context
if you called Nazis fake and bull crap for their actions it could seem like I'm the bad guy if taken out of context

and a lot of people think that humor is a way to win an argument (like the guy on the basketball court who tells the lowest "Yo Mama" joke wins the crowd support you can do the same and you shouldn't)

and it's not all I use, I present the information, show my logic, draw my conclusion

that's only used in Cop Dramas....anyone using it in real life would seem very cheesy (and it is very belittling...we're in a forum that is all on people's beliefes, opinions, morals, and everything else that belittling would make them feel unwanted here and no one wants that)

Wow, dude, do you at least see what you're doing? You're contradicting yourself all over the place, I'm just wondering whether you realize it or not.

And what exactly have I not stated my opinion on? I thought I've stated my opinion on just about anything here.
Your debating methods are very interesting. First you call people fake and cheesy and then go all bitchy when they quote you. That's what quotes are for - so people could see your post and decide for themselves whether I'm taking anything out of context or twisting your words.
When I quote something I at least bother to copy it from the original text - you, the fighter against taking things out of context, managed to change my words completely so they look better for your argument. Do you expect me to take you seriously after that?
why do you do this?
I never try to look better, when I debate I give me logic, knowledge, and opinion
you keep trying to discredit me and aren't even debating anymore

then when I call you out on it you try to discredit me more
when I ask you to stop it's, "whoa dude, you're contradicting yourself, do you expect me to take you seriously?"

please tell me when I'm wrong but don't just critisize me because we think different things

Paradoxical and I almost always think the oppisite but we never critisize each other
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 16th, 2006 at 11:45pm
spill_no_sick:
why do you do this?
I never try to look better, when I debate I give me logic, knowledge, and opinion

when I ask you to stop it's, "whoa dude, you're contradicting yourself, do you expect me to take you seriously?"

please tell me when I'm wrong but don't just critisize me because we think different things

Paradoxical and I almost always think the oppisite but we never critisize each other

Okay, here you go:

spill_no_sick:
please don't twist what I say

spill_no_sick:
and you took it completely out of context

--->
spill_no_sick:

spill_no_sick:
"whoa dude, you're contradicting yourself, do you expect me to take you seriously?"

Did you not twist my words? Did you not take them out of context?
Self-contrasioction/hypocrisy.

spill_no_sick:

--->
spill_no_sick:

spill_no_sick:

Aren't you doing exactly that?

spill_no_sick:
I present the information, show my logic, draw my conclusion

--->
spill_no_sick:

Where???

spill_no_sick:
like the guy on the basketball court who tells the lowest "Yo Mama" joke wins the crowd support you can do the same and you shouldn't

--->
spill_no_sick:

Oh yeah...you have a little bit of a different tactic - you flatter someone, so they will now support you. Same shit, different smell.

So, it looks like you can do whatever the fuck you want, but when someone else does that same thing and you don't like it - it suddenly becomes wrong and forbidden. Do you think you'll get far this way?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 17th, 2006 at 12:04am
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
why do you do this?

Okay, here you go:

spill_no_sick:
please don't twist what I say

spill_no_sick:
and you took it completely out of context

--->
spill_no_sick:

spill_no_sick:
"whoa dude, you're contradicting yourself, do you expect me to take you seriously?"

Did you not twist my words? Did you not take them out of context?
Self-contrasioction/hypocrisy.

spill_no_sick:

--->
spill_no_sick:

spill_no_sick:

Aren't you doing exactly that?

spill_no_sick:
I present the information, show my logic, draw my conclusion

--->
spill_no_sick:

Where???

spill_no_sick:
like the guy on the basketball court who tells the lowest "Yo Mama" joke wins the crowd support you can do the same and you shouldn't

--->
spill_no_sick:

Oh yeah...you have a little bit of a different tactic - you flatter someone, so they will now support you. Same shit, different smell.

So, it looks like you can do whatever the fuck you want, but when someone else does that same thing and you don't like it - it suddenly becomes wrong and forbidden. Do you think you'll get far this way?
alright, now you're just pissing me off
seriously, you turned this into a whole debate as to whether or not I know how to debate, whether or not I'm a hypocrite, whether or not I do anything right and you're just being a total asshole

I don't care if you don't like it or if anyone else does but fuck you!
just because everyone else tries to make people out like hypocrits in the media doesn't mean you have to be an asshole to me

and go ahead, quote various parts of what I just said and make me look like the asshole, I'm tired of you and the shit you try to pull against me
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 17th, 2006 at 12:19am
spill_no_sick:
alright, now you're just pissing me off
seriously, you turned this into a whole debate as to whether or not I know how to debate, whether or not I'm a hypocrite, whether or not I do anything right and you're just being a total asshole

I don't care if you don't like it or if anyone else does but fuck you!
just because everyone else tries to make people out like hypocrits in the media doesn't mean you have to be an asshole to me

and go ahead, quote various parts of what I just said and make me look like the asshole, I'm tired of you and the shit you try to pull against me

Clap
CRazy bread
Geek
CRazy bread
January 17th, 2006 at 10:50am
I don't beleive in a god for several reasons;

one is that i find the stories in it so far-fetched -people being raised from the dead, a snake telling someone to eat an apple? i mean you don't believe in santa claus or fairy tales why believe this?

i also believe that religion is always made out to be something of free will, a close, one to one thing. I think that the catholic church has put up all these rules and regulation and its that its basically all a matter of control. I mean a huge proportion of the world is christian and a single anouncement from the vatican affects millions of people who they know will just follow blindly along with whatever they say.

For example the previous pope said that people in Africa dying of aids shouldn't use condoms because its against god's will. In my mind, god is meant to be a comforter, someone who only wants the best for you, why would this god want a horrible virus to spread, killing millions?

i'd much rather live my life on earth to the full now, because i know that this is real. Why spend your entire life waiting to die, following out of date rules, to go to a better place that may not even exist?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 17th, 2006 at 11:46am
CRazy bread:
I don't beleive in a god for several reasons;

one is that i find the stories in it so far-fetched -people being raised from the dead, a snake telling someone to eat an apple? i mean you don't believe in santa claus or fairy tales why believe this?

i also believe that religion is always made out to be something of free will, a close, one to one thing. I think that the catholic church has put up all these rules and regulation and its that its basically all a matter of control. I mean a huge proportion of the world is christian and a single anouncement from the vatican affects millions of people who they know will just follow blindly along with whatever they say.

For example the previous pope said that people in Africa dying of aids shouldn't use condoms because its against god's will. In my mind, god is meant to be a comforter, someone who only wants the best for you, why would this god want a horrible virus to spread, killing millions?

i'd much rather live my life on earth to the full now, because i know that this is real. Why spend your entire life waiting to die, following out of date rules, to go to a better place that may not even exist?
yes, most people believe what you say because it is logical

I have trouble believing half the stories too, I don't really care what the Pope says (I follow God, not the Pope, but he is a cool guy), and when God says, "don't have sex before marriage" that would eliminate all STDs, so he does say it for the best; just because people won't listen doesn't mean he doesn't care

all of your point are valid and I've thought of them many times
try to see it this way, most Christians/Catholics/God believers do seem like carbon-copied hypocrites and it pisses me off too
but a lot of them do it because of their ignorance towards religion and they don't even realize that

but they do stuff like say, "don't cuss" when the Bible says, "don't be vulgar"
I cuss whenever neccesarry (or whenever testosterone gets the best of me) but there are two words I never say
I said the N word once but that was before I knew what it meant
and I've never said the GD word

now does that make me a slave to religion? no, even if I quit believing in the Bible I wouldn't use those words out of respect

just try to see that people that believe in God are following some things he says, and misinterpreting other and even making up some

other than that you made some good points; it is hard to believe a lot of the stuff and a lot of people that believe in God seem to not have free will (because they choose not to think for themselves)

whenever you see some one act like that just tell them, "think for yourself, then, only if "The Bible" says different go with that"
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 17th, 2006 at 04:59pm
N word? Confused
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 17th, 2006 at 05:05pm
Faith:
N word? Confused

I think it's nigger?

What's GD word?
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2006 at 05:19pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
N word? Confused

I think it's nigger?

What's GD word?

maybe God Damn
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 17th, 2006 at 05:30pm
NeoSteph:
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
N word? Confused

I think it's nigger?

What's GD word?

maybe God Damn

Ahh right!
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 17th, 2006 at 05:45pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Faith:
N word? Confused

I think it's nigger?

Oh...thanks, that didn't come into my head... Confused
Kitti
Kitti
January 17th, 2006 at 08:42pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
spill_no_sick:

why do you do this?

Then again...we agree on about a million other things.
And respect the differences of opinion that make us individuals.

Something that you and Faith seem to lack.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 17th, 2006 at 09:07pm
paradoxical:

Something that you and Faith seem to lack.[/quote]

Something you have just proved to lack as well. Wink
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2006 at 11:23am
Faith:
paradoxical:

I think she was trying to say you're both as bad as eachother...not picking on you alone.

Or at least I hope she wasn't penalising you and not spill_no_sick...
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2006 at 03:00pm
Bloodraine:
Faith:
paradoxical:

I think she was trying to say you're both as bad as eachother...not picking on you alone.

''something that you and Faith seem to lack''

I would say it was focused at both of you
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 18th, 2006 at 03:32pm
NeoSteph:
Bloodraine:
Faith:
paradoxical:

I respected Faith at the beggining of this.....but that doesn't count for anything
Kitti
Kitti
January 18th, 2006 at 03:35pm
NeoSteph:

It most certainly was.
My words are so often misinterpreted, I try to be clear in what I mean...I really thought I was that time though! >.<
Very Happy
Booyah.
King For A Couple Of Days
Booyah.
January 18th, 2006 at 03:43pm
No, I don't believe.

Personally, I think religion is corrupt. In terms of christianity, I believe that the bible has been changed so many times, things have been taken out of it so it doesn't scare people and cause uproar. Just like the government. To me, religion is just spoon feeding you information to shut you up and keep you happy. Some people cling to it in hope. I'm just not buying into it.

That's my opinion.
Register