Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
iGot_moXXie
Geek
iGot_moXXie
January 20th, 2006 at 09:49pm
Me? God? well that's a topic that hasn't been revised in a LONG time... I don't go to church, I am not overly religious, and I feel that my opinion of God is what it is... I don't belive in him.. Why should I? Do I pray? Do I attend ceramonies? Fuck no... I'm going to hell anyway...

<3
iplayaltosax
Idiot
iplayaltosax
January 20th, 2006 at 11:35pm
I'm sick of hearing religious people send me forwards saying Jesus loves me, and that my guardian angel is watching over me. I don't believe in God because I don't have any real proof that He exists.

I'm reading The DaVinci Code, and I think that it's really interesting how easy people can be brainwashed and the lengths that people go to for this "God".

I think alot of the stuff in the Bible is just nonsense, really. I mean, science disproves it. Someone said once that you can't be religious and be a scientist because your faith would get in the way of you finding out the truth. I completely agree.

Also, there are plenty of other religions. I mean, when you die, does someone say, "Oh, I'm sorry, you're a Buddist, I can't let you into heaven."?

That's what I have to say.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 21st, 2006 at 05:40am
evilmutantbunnyqueen:
I think alot of the stuff in the Bible is just nonsense, really. I mean, science disproves it.

Science may disprove the Bible, but if we all followed the examples set by Jesus, followed the ten commandments, did what the Bible tells us to; (Within reason, Levictus not included), we could all be better human beings.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
January 21st, 2006 at 05:53am
i believe in science.
Big momma
Geek
Big momma
January 21st, 2006 at 07:18am
It is very confusing. I went to church for years and somethings people have told me make me think. I dont get some of it and i dont try to. We dont have as much free will as we like because there are always ruls and things that stop us but i am trying to break them. They are there to be broken and rules really arnt all that great. Some are but then some arnt.
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 21st, 2006 at 08:34am
Why was light created before the sun and the moon?

Where does the rest of the universe come into play?

Isnt it a bit unlikly the feats Jesus was supposed to have done when they people back then were opium smoking alcoholics?

Why trust a religion which has to attack and doppelganger another to destroy it (I.e Paganism)

Why trust a Facist like Moses?

If Adam and eve were the first man and woman are we not all related?

What happened to the garden?

Relgion was brought in (Paganism) againto explain the unexplainable, isnt christiany another case of this?

Give me timeto think and I'll post more, Peace out.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
January 21st, 2006 at 08:36am
PanicOfBeliever:

if adam and eve were the first man and woman and they had two boys, how did more people exsist?
Bexxual
Idiot
Bexxual
January 21st, 2006 at 08:36am
I agree with many people, fuck God there is NO proof that God created the world no one, was around to see him suddenly think "Oh I'll make a world with night and day and humans and plants and animals and sea and land" was there? Until there is proper firm proof I am NOT believeing anything
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 21st, 2006 at 08:50am
that_bass_line:
PanicOfBeliever:

if adam and eve were the first man and woman and they had two boys, how did more people exsist?

Scientists have proved that Amdan and Eve couldn't possible have EVER existed,
I mean if Adam and Eve are the parents of everyone, then we would all be too inbred to stand up,
Besides if Adam and Eve were white/black/whatever then why are there different skin colours? wouldn't we all be the same race
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
January 21st, 2006 at 08:51am
Bullseye
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
January 21st, 2006 at 08:59am
I support people's right to have faith. I don't believe in God, but I can see why he would be so unhappy with his "followers" and the Pope.
Kitti
Kitti
January 21st, 2006 at 01:03pm
Incubus:
Besides if Adam and Eve were white/black/whatever then why are there different skin colours? wouldn't we all be the same race

Actually, variation in skin tone was originally environmentally related. It was evolutionary, people living closer to the equator have darker skin to combat the effects of the sun. Notherners, especially northern Europeans typically had lighter skin to take in more sunlight. That was sort of a genetic mutation, which is why it is hereditary.
You know what? Take biology. Jeez...
Rolling Eyes
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 21st, 2006 at 02:00pm
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Actually, variation in skin tone was originally environmentally related. It was evolutionary, people living closer to the equator have darker skin to combat the effects of the sun. Notherners, especially northern Europeans typically had lighter skin to take in more sunlight. That was sort of a genetic mutation, which is why it is hereditary.
Rolling Eyes
And on that note...

JESUS WAS ARABIAN. HE WAS NOT A WHITE MAN.

He came from the Middle East, where everybody in the New Testament came from. (Which begs the question of where they got white-boy names like Jacob, or JOHN for crying out loud.)

This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical of Christianity, because I've never actually seen Jesus with the correct skin tone, ever.
Kitti
Kitti
January 21st, 2006 at 02:07pm
dirtyhippie:
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes
And on that note...

He came from the Middle East, where everybody in the New Testament came from. (Which begs the question of where they got white-boy names like Jacob, or JOHN for crying out loud.)

This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical of Christianity, because I've never actually seen Jesus with the correct skin tone, ever.

His name was Joshua Bar Joseph while he was alive. Because he was the son of Joseph.
No one called him Jesus until after he died. If he hadn't made himself a martyr for Judaism, he'd never have been seen as the Messiah.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 21st, 2006 at 02:10pm
paradoxical:
dirtyhippie:
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes
And on that note...

His name was Joshua Bar Joseph while he was alive. Because he was the son of Joseph.
No one called him Jesus until after he died. If he hadn't made himself a martyr for Judaism, he'd never have been seen as the Messiah.
This is true.

And just like everything else related to the Middle East, you can spell his name in a plethora of ways...I first saw it spelled as Jeshua Ben Joseph in one of my Gonick books.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 21st, 2006 at 03:13pm
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes

Confused I'm too young to take biology.
Anyway that still doesn't explain the inbreeding thing, since you're such an expert on the subject why don't you explain that one
Kitti
Kitti
January 21st, 2006 at 03:23pm
Incubus:
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes

Anyway that still doesn't explain the inbreeding thing, since you're such an expert on the subject why don't you explain that one

First, I never said that Adam and Eve existed, I just explained the variation. Note the use of the word "evolution" that immediatly rules out religion in most cases.
Second, you're the same age as me and I took bio two years ago.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
January 21st, 2006 at 03:28pm
paradoxical:
Incubus:
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes

First, I never said that Adam and Eve existed, I just explained the variation. Note the use of the word "evolution" that immediatly rules out religion in most cases.

That's because you live on the other side of the world to me and you have a totally different educational system where you are.
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 21st, 2006 at 03:59pm
Incubus:
paradoxical:
Incubus:
paradoxical:
Incubus:

Rolling Eyes

That's because you live on the other side of the world to me and you have a totally different educational system where you are.
Over here you don't get to start until 4th year or so, innit?
car crash romance
car crash romance
January 21st, 2006 at 05:09pm
i don't beleive for the simple reason i was brought up that way. i couldn't beleive there was a god even if i wanted to.
Register