Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:19pm
well, since I'm one of the few Christians here

1: how can you trust anything if it's written by sinners?
it wasn't written by people trying to discredit God, so they were obviously honest

2: free will is sceptacle, but God said, "he who believes in me will go to Heaven"
I know you may think it's a pain in the ass, the whole, "you must believe in Heaven or you can't go" concept
seriously, all you have to do
but if you believe in it you should strive to be a better person
then again, believe in Heaven and you can go....not too hard dude

3: Christians are not supposed to descriminate against homosexuals
if they do then the problem is with the person, not their religion
you can't have gay sex
all the Bible says, nothing against having gay feelings
I'm openly Christian, I usually try not to mention it but I find both guys and girls attractive....as long as I'm not having sex with a guy then it is not a sin

well, I answered those smartass questions, feel free to quote me or argue or something
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2006 at 03:21pm
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~:
All christians are lying to themselves.. lots of thing they say just can't be..and they are always pretending to be so loving en caring, but they still discriminate people

Do not fall into the trap of banding together every Christian who walks the earth as evil. What ever happened to judging a person on their strength of character, their personality or their morals, not on their religion?
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 13th, 2006 at 03:23pm
spill_no_sick:
well, since I'm one of the few Christians here

1: how can you trust anything if it's written by sinners?
it wasn't written by people trying to discredit God, so they were obviously honest

2: free will is sceptacle, but God said, "he who believes in me will go to Heaven"
I know you may think it's a pain in the ass, the whole, "you must believe in Heaven or you can't go" concept
seriously, all you have to do
but if you believe in it you should strive to be a better person
then again, believe in Heaven and you can go....not too hard dude

3: Christians are not supposed to descriminate against homosexuals
if they do then the problem is with the person, not their religion
you can't have gay sex
all the Bible says, nothing against having gay feelings
I'm openly Christian, I usually try not to mention it but I find both guys and girls attractive....as long as I'm not having sex with a guy then it is not a sin

well, I answered those smartass questions, feel free to quote me or argue or something

There's something I don't understand though, if all you have to do to GET to Heaven is believe, then what was all that in Mark's Gospel etc about having to follow all the 10 Commandments etc, and then the story of "The Young Rich Man" who had followed them all his life, but couldn't get int Heaven until he gave up all his riches?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 03:39pm
the Ten Commandments were in the Old Testament, but they are a reminder of how imperfect humans are
back then you had to do a lot fo stuff to get into Heaven
after Jesus died baptism would cover that; but if you die before you're ready or able to be baptised I'm sure he'll understand

and that parable was about how you should realize that true riches are in the afterlife in Heaven, not on Earth`
parables aren't literal, they're metaphors (they're also Old Testament, after Jesus died there was no more need for all the stuff they did back then, read the New Testament, their standards for getting into Heaven is just belief...but they assume if you believe you'll try to be a better person)
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 03:49pm
spill_no_sick:
the Ten Commandments were in the Old Testament, but they are a reminder of how imperfect humans are
after Jesus died baptism would cover that; but if you die before you're ready or able to be baptised I'm sure he'll understand

and that parable was about how you should realize that true riches are in the afterlife in Heaven, not on Earth`
parables aren't literal, they're metaphors (they're also Old Testament, after Jesus died there was no more need for all the stuff they did back then, read the New Testament, their standards for getting into Heaven is just belief...but they assume if you believe you'll try to be a better person)

"By faith alone"
Martin Luther.
Protestant Reformation (which really would've happened without him, he was just a catalyst, but anyway)
And I'm NOT talking about Martin Luther King Jr. He lived (and died) like...500 years after.
And Martin Luther (the German monk) was anti-Semitic. Interesting...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 04:00pm
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

"By faith alone"
Martin Luther.
Protestant Reformation (which really would've happened without him, he was just a catalyst, but anyway)
And I'm NOT talking about Martin Luther King Jr. He lived (and died) like...500 years after.
anyone in this forum should recognize the quote
Kitti
Kitti
January 13th, 2006 at 04:03pm
spill_no_sick:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

"By faith alone"
Martin Luther.
anyone in this forum should recognize the quote

Keyword SHOULD. Now that you're here, maybe.
We've been scraping the bottom of the intellectual barrel for a while here as far as discussions go...
In fact, we had the same argument more than three times in the Nostradamus thread.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 13th, 2006 at 04:58pm
Emm..okay, another "smarass question":
If God made all of us the way Thay wanted, why the hell would They make some of us gay and then tell us not to have sex with the one you love? Just for the hell of it? To have fun watching us suffer?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
January 13th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Faith:
If God made all of us the way Thay wanted, why the hell would They make some of us gay and then tell us not to have sex with the one you love? Just for the hell of it? To have fun watching us suffer?
a very smartass question
he doesn't make us the way he wants
he makes us with the ability to choose (so we will inevitably choose to sin)
I believe that people born gay are born with a natural temptation.....Satan tested Job; he'll test homosexuals, and the fact that your question is usually posed as rhetorical most are failing

a lot of times homosexuality and perversion are environmental factors....like you were molested as a child or something
a lot of times it's just a thing with the person who tries to push themselves more, ("I wonder what happens if I can get used to kissing my gender" then escalates)
and a lot of the time it's legitamate...but people in Asian countries are born in a sexist country, they have a temptation to be sexist; their whole continent is

so, you can be gay at heart.... God just says no gay sex

but most people don't care about the answer to that question, they just want to be assholes and try to prove Christians wrong
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2006 at 06:36pm
why when given the option to argue against a religion about homosexuality people straight away attack christianity, when if you looked closer at the world we're one of the more open religions.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 13th, 2006 at 06:43pm
NeoSteph:
why when given the option to argue against a religion about homosexuality people straight away attack christianity, when if you looked closer at the world we're one of the more open religions.
Probably because it's the most prominant religion in our society and most issues about homosexuality seems to come from it.

I don't know. That's my guess.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 13th, 2006 at 06:45pm
fancy pants:
NeoSteph:
Probably because it's the most prominant religion in our society and most issues about homosexuality seems to come from it.

I don't know. That's my guess.

people attack that what they know best and are ignorant to the surroundings.
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 13th, 2006 at 07:03pm
spill_no_sick:
Faith:
a very smartass question
he doesn't make us the way he wants
he makes us with the ability to choose (so we will inevitably choose to sin)
I believe that people born gay are born with a natural temptation.....Satan tested Job; he'll test homosexuals, and the fact that your question is usually posed as rhetorical most are failing

a lot of times homosexuality and perversion are environmental factors....like you were molested as a child or something
a lot of times it's just a thing with the person who tries to push themselves more, ("I wonder what happens if I can get used to kissing my gender" then escalates)
and a lot of the time it's legitamate...but people in Asian countries are born in a sexist country, they have a temptation to be sexist; their whole continent is

so, you can be gay at heart.... God just says no gay sex

but most people don't care about the answer to that question, they just want to be assholes and try to prove Christians wrong

People who are born gay are BORN GAY. It's not about temptation. God made them that way, because God doesn't give a shit who you sleep with. God made us multi-colored and multi-sexual. You can't change your sexuality just like you can't change your skin color. But most Chrisitans just want to be assholes and prove common sense wrong.
*maryjane*
Geek
*maryjane*
January 13th, 2006 at 09:55pm
i go to a catholic school but i dont beleive in god anymore or jesus. how can a dude create miricles like making dead ppl walk and come alive and shit. theres a whole bunch of other stuff i question, but i dont feel like typing it right now.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
January 13th, 2006 at 10:18pm
Tommy:
fuck god
fuck jesus
fuck religion
fuck bible huggers

ok,thats all

fuck yea. religion is a load of shit. i hate religion in all forms.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
January 13th, 2006 at 10:26pm
*maryjane*:
i go to a catholic school but i dont beleive in god anymore or jesus. how can a dude create miricles like making dead ppl walk and come alive and shit. theres a whole bunch of other stuff i question, but i dont feel like typing it right now.

and if he rose from the dead after being buried... how the hell did he get out of the hole? haha. Laughing lunatics...
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 13th, 2006 at 10:43pm
[QUOTE="Spirit Of he wasnt buried he was put in a cave.
$_$
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
January 13th, 2006 at 10:53pm
Sheepo@_@:
[QUOTE="Spirit Of he wasnt buried he was put in a cave.
$_$

haha, really? they worship the guy and they can't even give him a proper burial? Laughing
grimmie666
Geek
grimmie666
January 14th, 2006 at 03:51am
i don't believe in the bible and i rather believe in aliens... think of the pyrmids... nazca bird and bla bla bla...

I also read Dan Brown's angels and demons... so cool lots of not well known information of vatican's bullshit
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
January 14th, 2006 at 10:13am
grimmie666:
i don't believe in the bible and i rather believe in aliens... think of the pyrmids... nazca bird and bla bla bla...

I also read Dan Brown's angels and demons... so cool lots of not well known information of vatican's bullshit

what about dinosaurs? Laughing
Register