Why Don't You Believe?

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 11th, 2006 at 11:50am
NeoSteph:
tre_cool_is_god:
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

Open a paper, watch the news and then tell me there is a god, because for me if there is then he has a very fucking wicked sense of humour.

I guess thats what you get when you have free will, the alternative is that we all controlled by some alternate being that decides what we do when we do it.

Yeah the world is shit, but we only have ourselves to blame, there's no point in wondering why if there is a god why doesn't he shoot thunderbolts at bad people, because it's our world we fucked it up, we should fix it.

whats the point in living if you never get to expericance life, i read the newspapers and watch the news and yes people dying and children going missing is horrible but it's nothing new, people don't believe anymore because the media which broadcasts these events control our lives, when television didn't exist the victorians didn't blame god for Jack the Ripper, because there wasn't a man sitting behind a desk in their front room blaming it on some religious cult.

People are so afraid of religion that they have succombed to the worst demon that exist, fear of humanity. (not directed at the quote) Nobody can say they are not afraid of religion because fear is spawned by hate, and you have all made your hatred for religion known.

Has anyone stopped to notice that while all these horrible things are happening and are being reported onto your telivison screens and through you letterbox, that your now being controlled by what the state tells you, there is no such thing as a independant media resource everything is first drained by the government.

You shouldn't be judging people who believe in something higher than our own earthly beings, because everyone needs something to believe in, be it god, heaven or taco bell

Oh and in responce to the person who feels that hell would be a more fun place to exist, i thought that once and then i grew up, i'm in no hurry to spend eternity with Hitler and Ted Bundy.

i dont have myself to blame for half of the things my family and i have been through.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 11th, 2006 at 12:09pm
tre_cool_is_god:
i dont have myself to blame for half of the things my family and i have been through.

You can't know that for sure. And even if your family has been through some hard times, you cannot go blaming it on someone else, be they man, deity or otherwise. It is about time you woke up, smelled the coffee and stopped trying to point the finger.

Life goes on, the world keeps turning and we have to pick ourselves up from the wayside, learn from our mistakes and keep living.

NeoSteph:
Nobody can say they are not afraid of religion because fear is spawned by hate, and you have all made your hatred for religion known.

I seriously hope you don't think that...Very sweeping statement there, what about us who do not personally subscribe to a religion but have no problem with others doing so?

In fact, during recent weeks, I personally have found myself often sticking up for Christianity because the moronic minority can't accept or respect other's views.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 11th, 2006 at 03:31pm
Sheepo@_@:
Ghost_in_the_snow:
BLURofaDEADPAST:
If this is a double. Lock it. If it's in the wrong section. Move it.

Okay My question is 'Why Don't You Believe In God?'

My reason is for asking is. I don't. But my friend drags me to church or youth group every so often. Everyone there thinks I do believe in God. Tonight she dragged me there for the first time in 5 months. The youth pastor was talking about future youth nights and what we would discuss. One topic caught my attention. We're gonna talk about doubts & creationism vs. evolution. They're gonna give us a piece of paper and we can ask whatever and they should be able to come up with an answer supporting Christianity. But I wanna give them a question that they can't answer. So that's where I want yall to help me. I only have a few questions I can think of. And anymore would be helpful so yeah, Type away.

My Questions/Statements.
1.] How can you trust the bible if it's written by man who are sinners?
2.] Christians are told they have free will. 'Do what I say or die and burn in hell.' That doesn't sound like free will to me.
3.] If Christians are supposed to love eachother as thy selves or whatever. How come they always discriminate other religions and homosexuals? That's not very loving.

That's all I can think of.

i alwys think that! if God made us the way we are didnt he make the person a lesbian or gay?? so y is it eveil? love is fuckin love whatever way u put it

heres 1, if every1 was equal why were none of the apsotles women?? and it wasnt the wy back then isisnt an answer cos he said treat every1 the same and men and women are equal! yes im a feminst! let us know how it goes..!
Well in the Bible[dont expect you to care since I dot think you know how to spell anyway...]Woman seduced or tempted [eve] Adam into eating an evil apple, which made women fall weaker. See because of them; women get periods and painful labor O_O Besides women had alot to do in the Bible Rolling Eyes why dont you go read a bit and then come back.

ya bt explain y gays and lesbians are "evil" and y didnt god just 4get eve? mayb i will read the bible.... Very Happy
*~*Hula*~*
King For A Couple Of Days
*~*Hula*~*
January 11th, 2006 at 03:47pm
Sorry if someone has already put this. I think you should ask 'If God loved his people so much, and was a good man/cloud/spirit/whatever he is, why is allowing 'his' world to rot and burn and crumble and destroy itself?'
Ok, so you're gonna say 'It's the people's fault' but isn't 'heh' supposed to guide them? There are plenty of good christians out there who's lives are in total chaos, good people dying and starving. That's why I don't believe. It makes me really angry that people praise this god so much but by the next day the only things that have changed are things getting worse. I think I may be anti-religious, I don't know yet, but I don't mind religious people, so maybe not. I'm very confused in this subject.
darkmagick1002
Geek
darkmagick1002
January 11th, 2006 at 03:57pm
I don't believe in god not because I think it is impossible to have a greater good and greater bad out there viewing us, but because the bible states that you have to devote your love and fear god. In my opinion, if you believe in god then you are choosing a strict path, and yes I was a catholic before i am what i am today (choosing not to state my religion). But if people say their christians or catholics or whatever religion they are, they are saying that everyone who doesn't worship god is going to hell. And some people say that you can have another religion and still go to heaven so long as they're faithful to their religon, but then they are not devoted to their own religon just for the fact that apparently god is "Supreme Lordship"
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 11th, 2006 at 04:06pm
darkmagick1002:
I don't believe in god not because I think it is impossible to have a greater good and greater bad out there viewing us, but because the bible states that you have to devote your love and fear god. In my opinion, if you believe in god then you are choosing a strict path, and yes I was a catholic before i am what i am today (choosing not to state my religion). But if people say their christians or catholics or whatever religion they are, they are saying that everyone who doesn't worship god is going to hell. And some people say that you can have another religion and still go to heaven so long as they're faithful to their religon, but then they are not devoted to their own religon just for the fact that apparently god is "Supreme Lordship"

im catholic but i dont think that. i believe that hwatever the person believes happens cos they believe it and what we believe happens to us...but i have different views to my religion so i believe thatll happen 2 me
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 11th, 2006 at 04:07pm
darkmagick1002:

im catholic but i dont think that. i believe that hwatever the person believes happens cos they believe it and what we believe happens to us...but i have different views to my religion so i believe thatll happen 2 me Very Happy and what u believe will happen 2 u...so every1 is happy!
Faith
Addict
Faith
January 11th, 2006 at 06:39pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
Faith:
Terminal Preppie:
When you go to church, they talk about God, so what is the point of going if you do not belive in it? And, what is the point of Chirstianity, other than believing in God?

Hey, well that's what I'm wondering having a mother, an aunt and 2 grandmothers that claim to be Christian and go to church and don't believe in God...
Are they looking to be converted?

No, they are very religious. Confused
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 11th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Ghost_in_the_snow:

ya bt explain y gays and lesbians are "evil" and y didnt god just 4get eve? mayb i will read the bible.... Very Happy
Well since God loves everyone he doesnt believe their evil just what they do. But that goes hand in hand on who they are. So they can repent what they do, in the Bible it says its wrong for two men to "lay" together but I guess they could still love each other. Im still reading on it. How can you forget Eve like the mother of everybody? o_x She did something wrong so they like both got punished. Damn poison apples. ><
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
January 12th, 2006 at 05:48am
I don't know what to think anymore.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 12th, 2006 at 10:55am
eberneezer_egghead:
I don't know what to think anymore.

Then don't think at all Retard
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
January 12th, 2006 at 11:59am
Sheepo@_@:
Ghost_in_the_snow:

Well since God loves everyone he doesnt believe their evil just what they do. But that goes hand in hand on who they are. So they can repent what they do, in the Bible it says its wrong for two men to "lay" together but I guess they could still love each other. Im still reading on it. How can you forget Eve like the mother of everybody? o_x She did something wrong so they like both got punished. Damn poison apples. ><

ya but y is it evil is what at im wondering.... is there an answer to it or is just evil in the eyes of the church?
Hello, My Name Is Asshole
Jackass

Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:46pm
You're supposed to love and marry a different sex, but that's not how we humans function, we love and marry whoever the fuck we want.
Jackass

Blog
January 12th, 2006 at 05:52pm
In my eyes, I see it as complete bullshit. I don't want to offend anyone, I swear, but I need proof. Nobody, not even priests or youth pastors or anything has PROVEN to me that there is a God. Their only excuse is, "He is there. He created us and if you don't believe Him you'll go to Hell! The Bible is proof!" Fuck that. The bible is a 2000 page sleeping pill, full of somebody's imagination. It's physically impossible for someone to 'create' the universe.. or to walk on water. Unless it was frozen, and the writer didn't know. How did Mary have a baby, but not have sex? It doesn't work that way. Did she finger herself, or something, cause it's confusing me.

I do believe that there might have been somebody who did nice things a long time ago, and somebody went and wrote a book about him.. aka the Bible..and exagerated it a bit.. a lot.. but that's it.

Just in my opinion. Confused
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 12th, 2006 at 05:57pm
I know this sounds weird, but did you used to be someone called rock00chick?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 12th, 2006 at 09:47pm
Ghost_in_the_snow:
Sheepo@_@:
Ghost_in_the_snow:

ya but y is it evil is what at im wondering.... is there an answer to it or is just evil in the eyes of the church?
Well I dont think its evil but most Christians do for some reason. :/ I mean the Bible says its evil to sleep with someone of the same sex but its not to love them. What I think is everyone should be able to create babies [yep guys should have babies] cause then I dont think it be evil.
Myla
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Myla
January 13th, 2006 at 03:06pm
[quote="tre_cool_is_god"]how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

That's the point! Once I asked one very religious person:
"If there is God then why are there a lot of dirty stuff in the world( wars, murders....)? - Well, you know, that's people's own fault. God has nothing to do with that. - Why do then infant children die, is it their own fault as well? - They pay for the sins of their parents."
A TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! Confused
carrot
Idiot
carrot
January 13th, 2006 at 03:07pm
[quote="Myla"]
tre_cool_is_god:
how can there be a god when there are things like wars going on, murders, child moletstaion, has anybody stopped to think why people dont believe like they used to anymore?

That's the point! Once I asked one very religious person:
"If there is God then why are there a lot of dirty stuff in the world( wars, murders....)? - Well, you know, that's people's own fault. God has nothing to do with that. - Why do then infant children die, is it their own fault as well? - They pay for the sins of their parents."
A TOTAL BULLSHIT!!! Confused
but then religeous people say its a test....but i agree with what you said
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~
January 13th, 2006 at 03:16pm
All christians are lying to themselves.. lots of thing they say just can't be..and they are always pretending to be so loving en caring, but they still discriminate people, the ancient christian believe...also discriminates women, and they bible can be expressed in many ways, so there are no real christians, everyone explains the bible in their own way! Wink
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
January 13th, 2006 at 03:18pm
~*Miss. Saint JimmY*~:
All christians are lying to themselves.. lots of thing they say just can't be..and they are always pretending to be so loving en caring, but they still discriminate people, the ancient christian believe...also discriminates women, and they bible can be expressed in many ways, so there are no real christians, everyone explains the bible in their own way! Wink

And a lot of them actually are..
My Grandma..true Christian..one of the nicest people I have ever met in my whole life.
Register