robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 10:37pm
Skatanic.:
robotchicken.:
Soda loves Sylar:

Actually, my family members are passionate Christians. So the whole "you've only met negative Chrisitans" thing is irrelivant.
And wow. You and your church are perfect! Good for you!
All I'm doing is telling you why I don't believe in "God" or "the Bible". You can attempt to analyze that all you want. I won't stop you. But you'll just be wasting your time.
All Im telling you we're not all the same. So why turn your back on me? If im not one of those negative Christians, no matter what you believe.
On a side note im getting tired of this thread. I mean we go on and on about our individual beliefs and how nobody is going to change them, and how nobody knows the truth about anything. All im getting out of this thread is a BIG cycle of repetition :/ .....

It is pretty pointless. No one's going to change their beliefs because another person challenges them.
So what do we do? Keep on debating about something that will possibly NEVER be settled?
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 20th, 2007 at 12:05am
Oh, it'll never be settled. XD The only way it can be settled is by.. agreeing to disagree. *shrug*
This thread didn't even start as a debate between the religious and non-religious.
We just went offtopic, but it was kind of inevitable. :P
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
June 20th, 2007 at 05:41am
obsession.:
I believe in God.
If you dont thats cool.
But your discriminating yourself Rolling Eyes
Oh! Christians do this and do that, they discriminate against other people. Not just Christians do that.
The reason your friend drags you to church and shoves her religion down your throat is cause they wanna help its what they're told makes a good christian.
If a person you love goes to Hell and you knew you could change that it makes you feel guilty.
You dont believe in God, but what if God was real? And when you die you face him? what are you going to say? I know that if he isnt real it wont be any skin off my back. Cause i'll be dead.
I dont know about people who dont believe and go to Hell.
But then again...if you were a nice person all your life you just denied God do you still go to Hell?
Nothing is for certain. And I thik this should go under Religion and Violence or Prejudice towards Christians.
I believe that that is a very bleak out look on life.

Why live by someone's rules when you don't even believe in them? I'm not saying go out and commint murder or anything, but just think that being Christian doesn't neccessarily mean you have morals, and not being Christian doesn't mean that you don't.

Why concentrate on what will happen to you after death instead of living for the day?

I don't want to be "saved". My life is the way it is because of my nature and my nurture. If I lead a good life then if there is a God, he will judge me accordingly.

My friend is Christian and she gets wrecked every weekend where as I am tee-total. I'm not saying all Christians and all atheists are like this but I'm giving you an example. Me and my friends jokingly call her a bad Christian but that upsets her so we've stopped now, even though she does continue her ways.

She's dedicated her whole life to being Christian and I even went to go see her get baptised (which, by the way was terrifying for me because her Church was very... claustrophobic and unnerved me) but I believe that in some ways I have more morals than she does and that I am more open minded.

I don't know if this is worth anything but your post just spurred me to write a reply.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 08:24am
Skatanic.:
It is pretty pointless. No one's going to change their beliefs because another person challenges them.

I did.
I do it all the time. Think Maybe this makes me open-minded, I wouldn't know.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 09:02am
Dunno if it's relevant, but a quote from House a while ago just came to me:

"How can we prove something is there when we can't see it? How can we prove God exists? How can we prove the wind blows?"
"We know the wind blows because it makes the leaves move"
"Exactly. We have to look for the symptoms."

So this argument over whether God exists or not will never, ever end. No one can prove that God exists and no one can prove that God doesn't exist. The symptoms could always have both a religious and a scientific explanations. Therefore I guess we'll never know until its too late. If I did die then realise that he does exist, then I'll be pretty screwed tbh XD can't really see it happening, though.

I actually think some things should be left unanswered, though. As long as people don't banish me or whatever for not believing, then religion is fine. It's when religion gets out of control that I get pissed off with it.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 01:30pm
Bloodraine:
Skatanic.:

I did.
I was proven wrong a lot of times on this thread and just that made me re-think.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 04:06pm
Skatanic.:
I don't understand, what's your point? They're still controlling a lot of people.. something is more than nothing. o.o
And I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't the first person with good morals.
He was the first outspoken political activist though. A bit like the Mandela of that time. In a corrupted society he taught people to bring out the good in their own lives and he paraded in shocking anti-government...parades (for lack of a better word).
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 20th, 2007 at 04:25pm
Vukodlak.:
Bloodraine:
Skatanic.:

I did.
I was proven wrong a lot of times on this thread and just that made me re-think.

.. oh. :O Well, then. At least it made some people think.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 20th, 2007 at 04:29pm
Anji:
Skatanic.:
I don't understand, what's your point? They're still controlling a lot of people.. something is more than nothing. o.o
He was the first outspoken political activist though. A bit like the Mandela of that time. In a corrupted society he taught people to bring out the good in their own lives and he paraded in shocking anti-government...parades (for lack of a better word).

That would be impressive, if we could solidly prove it happened, but as far as I know, we can't.
I just find it hard to believe he was the only person who would revolt and such. *shrug*
I guess I just have a hard time simply believing in something.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 20th, 2007 at 05:23pm
Skatanic.:
Anji:
Skatanic.:

That would be impressive, if we could solidly prove it happened, but as far as I know, we can't.
I just find it hard to believe he was the only person who would revolt and such. *shrug*
I guess I just have a hard time simply believing in something.
Well Jesus has been proved to exist, and I don't think they'd lie about him riding into Jeruselum on a donkey, it doesn't seem like such a big deal to just say that he had walked, so assuming that he did ride a donkey, then it is true.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 20th, 2007 at 05:55pm
He's been proven to exist, but he hasn't been proven to be the first to teach people to be good, have morals, etc.
What's the significance of him riding into Jeriselum on a donkey..?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2007 at 08:23am
He hasn't really been proven a God. Cheese
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 22nd, 2007 at 04:58pm
Vukodlak.:
He hasn't really been proven not either. We will possibly never know till that time comes ._.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:15pm
Skatanic.:
What's the significance of him riding into Jeriselum on a donkey..?
Oh, I forgot that bit.

Well see most people of political importance of that era used to ride into the city on magnificant horses and sort of show off their affluence and all. Jesus was making a mockery of the affluent by instead using a donkey or sometimes they say it was a mule. He rode it into Jeruselum in the exact same fashion the mambers of the government did so and the people were said to have admired him for doing that.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:16pm
Vukodlak.:
That's because he isn't. Jesus was the son of God and so he's like semi-godish.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:31pm
Anji:
Vukodlak.:

Some Christian groups say that Jesus and God were part of one being, (they call it the trinity, with the holy spirit too) so Jesus was, in their eyes, a God too.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 04:05pm
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Vukodlak.:

Some Christian groups say that Jesus and God were part of one being, (they call it the trinity, with the holy spirit too) so Jesus was, in their eyes, a God too.
But Jesus would be God in human form, and so not really God because he'd have human attributes which is why I consider him being more 'semi-god' rather than 'also God'.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 04:14pm
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Vukodlak.:

But Jesus would be God in human form, and so not really God because he'd have human attributes which is why I consider him being more 'semi-god' rather than 'also God'.

And that would be the difference betwene you and some Christian groups.

On top of that; human form and human aren't even the same thing. If god was real, I bet he could take the form of a damn lotion bottle and still be god. What god chose to appear as wouldn't change the fact that hes god.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 04:26pm
Kurtni:
Anji:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Vukodlak.:

And that would be the difference betwene you and some Christian groups.

On top of that; human form and human aren't even the same thing. If god was real, I bet he could take the form of a damn lotion bottle and still be god. What god chose to appear as wouldn't change the fact that hes god.
WTF That's why I said 'I'.
Christie__x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie__x

Blog
July 2nd, 2007 at 12:23pm
I attended a private catholic school for 15 years but I was never baptised.

I practiced buddhism for roughly 4 or so years - i did go through the official initiation ceremony and although I don't practice it anymore, I still respect their beliefs and refuse to share that experience with anyone, even those who have gone though it also.

I am now agnostic.

I refuse to believe in any past religion I have been a part of because there's no way a God would let his people go through all the stuff I went through and everyone else too.

But I still have hope that someone will save me.

I still have faith.

I don't know what in though.
Register