^
What about the old testament?
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 13th, 2007 at 09:37pm
*wierdperson*:
I've given up on the whole 'God thing'. I still respect people who are Catholics, or any other religion, but I just think that the Bible is just an ancient book, and Jesus was just some man who got 12 men to write a book. I'm really not trying to offend anyone here, it's just what I think.
Jesus really never told the disciples to write the Bible o_o They kinda did that on their own, it was God/Jesus inspired n stuff....and Jesus wasn't even around to them tell them to write The Old Testament...yeah he didn't tell them .-.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 13th, 2007 at 10:39pm
Religion is bullshit.
Believing in God, I respect. Having faith, I respect. Religion I do not.
I believe religion is entirely man-made.
Some people need faith to help them through life. Just believing can pull you through a lot, and that's fine. It's not for me, but if you have faith, more power to ya.
Religion is just a way for man to gain power and money. What's the point, really?
Since when do you need laws to be a good person?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 08:22am
Skatanic.:
Religion is bullshit.
Some people need faith to help them through life. Just believing can pull you through a lot, and that's fine. It's not for me, but if you have faith, more power to ya.
Religion is just a way for man to gain power and money. What's the point, really?
Moral laws are laws that make you a good person (if you follow them). Those laws are completely natural, but you still see people who dont follow them. Church sometimes makes more aware of those laws. The problem is that they dont follow them many times.

Besides you have conscience, which is supposed to be a gift from God. Atheist dont believe in God, but they stil have it.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 01:26pm
Moony Madness.:
Skatanic.:
Religion is bullshit.
Moral laws are laws that make you a good person (if you follow them). Those laws are completely natural, but you still see people who dont follow them. Church sometimes makes more aware of those laws. The problem is that they dont follow them many times.

Besides you have conscience, which is supposed to be a gift from God. Atheist dont believe in God, but they stil have it.
I had a recent Epiphany along the lines of that which made me realise that I can refuse to believe that God is listening to me or within me or whatever, yet I still follow His...I can't think of a word, like, belief in how man should behave. I still believe in what is right and what is right is to help one another, 'love thy neighbour'. I can't deny that I respect people because they are living and they are lucky enough to be living and if I truely didn't believe in Him, if I really rejected Him, I would've run amok ages ago. I would have given up on trying to pretend to be kind to everyone I meet, I wouldn't bother. He is a higher being who governs my actions and thought and I can't help but obey. There is what is right and what is wrong. God tells me to do what is right because I'm afraid of doing what is wrong and I recognise it as being wrong, I think it is God who shows me this.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 14th, 2007 at 07:11pm
So, because Athiest's have a conscience, God exists..?

It's not necessarily God who shows you what is wrong. It could be common sense. :/
I do not believe in God, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good person, in general. Just because I reject God doesn't mean I've "run amok" or am a cruel person or anything.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 14th, 2007 at 08:07pm
^
To have a conscience is human.
My mother has a conscience and she does not believe in God.
I have a conscience and I do believe in God.
My fiance hates Christianity with the fire of one thousand suns, but she has a consciense.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 12:41am
Skatanic.:

It's not necessarily God who shows you what is wrong. It could be common sense. :/
I do not believe in God, but I'd like to think I'm a pretty good person, in general. Just because I reject God doesn't mean I've "run amok" or am a cruel person or anything.

You do not believe in God?
But you do acknowledge that he does exist?
OR do you just have no belief in a higher being?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 12:47am
obsession.:

How can you not believe in God yet believe he exists?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 12:59am
druscilla; in rags:
obsession.:

Exactly. Why acknowledge Him then?
I didn't say she said she believed he existed I said she acknowledged that he did.
Wouldn't it be correct to say "I do not believe in a God"?
if that didn't make sense trust me i trying very hard too, i get in way over my head with debating, and yet im not even good/or smart enough to do it. :/
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 01:01am
druscilla; in rags:
obsession.:

I think they mean that they believe he exists but refuse to put their faith and trust into him?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 01:11am
obsession.:
druscilla; in rags:
obsession.:

Exactly. Why acknowledge Him then?
I didn't say she said she believed he existed I said she acknowledged that he did.
Wouldn't it be correct to say "I do not believe in a God"?
if that didn't make sense trust me i trying very hard too, i get in way over my head with debating, and yet im not even good/or smart enough to do it. :/

I think she was saying that from another viewpoint, the people who claim she is rejecting God.
"I don't believe in God. But just because I'm 'rejecting God'... I think that's what she meant.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 10:23am
druscilla; in rags:
obsession.:

Its very easy to not belief in the concept of "god". When you take a look at all of the things happening in the world, sometimes its pretty difficult to believe that a loving god exists. You can refuse to accept the ideas around god and not accept what others believe him to be, but you can still believe something exists; you just don't think its worthy of praise.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 01:48pm
Skatanic.:
It could be common sense. :/
And how do you achieve common sense? Not everyone has it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 02:41pm
Anji:
Skatanic.:

..Religion isnt the only way to "achieve" common sense. I don't even look at common sense as something you can achieve
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
June 15th, 2007 at 06:24pm
I'm not sure what you guys are confused about? Something I said threw people off, but I don't know what. D:

I don't believe in God. I do not think he exists. However, I am not COMPLETELY ruling out the possibility, because it's impossible to know either way. So I'm something between an athiest and agnostic, I guess.

And I was under the impression that common sense was what (mostly) everyone has, rather than something that's to be achieved.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2007 at 07:46am
Skatanic.:

No, I mean that to have conciseness is human, not something that only Catholics have. I agree with what you have said. Coolio
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 16th, 2007 at 07:47am
Anji:
Skatanic.:
Parents can put that common sense in you. Your society as well. As Kurtni said its not only a religious thing.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 01:56pm
Kurtni:
Anji:
Skatanic.:

..Religion isnt the only way to "achieve" common sense. I don't even look at common sense as something you can achieve
I never said anything about achieving it. It's just something to recognise and cherish. I happen to believe that it is something God given that prevents people from becoming utterly mad.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 17th, 2007 at 01:56pm
Vukodlak.:
Anji:
Skatanic.:
Parents can put that common sense in you. Your society as well. As Kurtni said its not only a religious thing.
Confused
Register