Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 11:42am
Elegant Ruble:
Anji:
ELLIE.:
I don't believe in a god, just because I don't think it's possbile.
You think that it's more likely that two random particles were forced together for no particular reason to create the universe? You think it was more likely that protien molecules engulf random mitochondrea to create a first life form, for no particular reason? Did you know the probability of your existance in one to infinity. If you weren't alive now, then you never would be. It is actually impossible that you exist. I wonder what does make that possible? Surely you must have another theory then, besides a god.

its a scientific fact that the universe is random
there's a whole study devoted to it, its called entropy

what's your problem with accepting that some people have too strong a hold in science to believe in a god

its not redicuclous to believe that it was all random for no apperent reason - thats what i believe, science backs that up, its a "right" enough reason to not believe god

ok you do believe, but you've got to accept that others dont - thats not wrong, opinions beliefs no matter what they are can never be wrong, its whats true for you
I's also a scientific fact that out of randomness comes order.

I accept that other's don't, but I'm just questioning their arguements. It's called debating.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
April 29th, 2007 at 01:10pm
^(I don't want a whole build up of quotes so I'm starting again, in response to that big pyramid: )

I don't think there neccesarily has to be a reason for anything.
I just find the scientific answer more believable.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 01:24pm
ELLIE.:
^(I don't want a whole build up of quotes so I'm starting again, in response to that big pyramidSmile

I don't think there neccesarily has to be a reason for anything.
I just find the scientific answer more believable.
OK. Thank you.

See Lauren, that's all I needed to know.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 29th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Back to the "why don't you believe thing"?
I do believe in God.
I don't believe he loves us as much as religious leaders would have us think.
He forced people to go to war in the Bible, forced them to rip children from mother's wombs, and made women marry their rapists.
Personally, I think God's a prick.
I think Jesus is awesome. He was the ultimate hippie. He said you should love everyone and not judge. Jesus doesn't care that I'm gay.

[Sorry that I don't have specific Bible quotes for the things I was saying. When I find Ken's Guide to the Bible I'll try and make a list.]
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 29th, 2007 at 08:32pm
druscilla; in rags:
I do believe in God.
He forced people to go to war in the Bible, forced them to rip children from mother's wombs, and made women marry their rapists.
I think Jesus is awesome. He was the ultimate hippie. He said you should love everyone and not judge. Jesus doesn't care that I'm gay.

[Sorry that I don't have specific Bible quotes for the things I was saying. When I find Ken's Guide to the Bible I'll try and make a list.]
You think just like I do! =D Ive found someone! YAY!
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 29th, 2007 at 08:37pm
Sheepo@_@:
druscilla; in rags:
I do believe in God.

You think just like I do! =D Ive found someone! YAY!

That's awesome. Very Happy
I've never been able to find someone who agrees with my views.
They're either 'fuck religion' or 'fuck you'.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 09:05pm
druscilla; in rags:

lmfao sigged
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 29th, 2007 at 10:07pm
^
-giggles-
I'm honored.
-giggles more-
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 07:51am
druscilla; in rags:
I do believe in God.

He didnt force us to do anything. Eh I mean if you decided to lie to your mother [just an example] then its your own idea, nobody forced you to. God didn't roar from heaven and said go and kill innocent people for the Bible, go to the Crusades, just cause I'm bored and I want you to. When you say he forced us to, it sounds like we are all marionettes and God has a lot of fun. And yeah, if anyone did shitty things in religion then its cause of Church and worshipers who believe they did it in the name of the Lord, not cause God told them so. Honestly, Jesus had some fair ideas, real nice, but I still don't see how he saved us from all evil and our sins. I mean God sent his own son to save us, his son gets killed for all of us and yet, everyone thinks God is a prick. If Jesus doesn't mind you being gay then God doesn't as well. Its the Church and the society who do.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 08:17am
I'm actually pretty pissed off at how some of you are being disrespectful and can't see how it can be hurtful to a believer to say god is a prick or he enjoys watching people suffer, i say how dare you.

You may not believe or you believe but don't want to worship and thats your choice and I havn't heard anyone say anyhting along the lines ''you don't believe your going to hell'' and why not because that would be discrimination of your beliefs. But for you to turn round and think it's ok to then poke fun and make nasty remarks about our faith OUR god, well shame on you for not showing the same respect we give you.

It's one thing not to believe in god, it's another to blame him for all the problems in the world. Being a human is about taking responcibility for your action, being a christian is doing so.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 30th, 2007 at 11:00am
Could someone please then explain the plagues to me please?
Because as far as my shallow perspective can see, they were just an excuse for God to excercise his power over us puney mortals.

Also, I still don't understand the part of the bible where God bets Satan that Job will remain faithful to him whatever happens. Surely God is too almightly and noble to argue so childishly with Satan? Why inflict such horrors on an innocent man?
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 11:13am
rehabreject:
Because as far as my shallow perspective can see, they were just an excuse for God to excercise his power over us puney mortals.

Also, I still don't understand the part of the bible where God bets Satan that Job will remain faithful to him whatever happens. Surely God is too almightly and noble to argue so childishly with Satan? Why inflict such horrors on an innocent man?
Gah, do I hate sarcasm. Could people stop showing their arguments that way, I have know idea do you believe in God or no. But I would say no.

Plague is a disease. Not Gods punishment. If he wanted to punish anyone He could have done it in a much efficient way, like killing only the bad guys. Oh and cause the Bible says so doesn't really mean that God did it. As far as I knew God and Devil are invisible and therefor cant be seen betting. Plus, gambling is a sin. The Bible is a metaphoric explanation of things, not the real story.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 11:39am
Ivana Amoeba:
rehabreject:

Gah, do I hate sarcasm. Could people stop showing their arguments that way, I have know idea do you believe in God or no. But I would say no.

Plague is a disease. Not Gods punishment. If he wanted to punish anyone He could have done it in a much efficient way, like killing only the bad guys. Oh and cause the Bible says so doesn't really mean that God did it. As far as I knew God and Devil are invisible and therefor cant be seen betting. Plus, gambling is a sin. The Bible is a metaphoric explanation of things, not the real story.
Like The Ugly Duckling, you believe in the morals not the actual story.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 30th, 2007 at 11:51am
NeoSteph:
I'm actually pretty pissed off at how some of you are being disrespectful and can't see how it can be hurtful to a believer to say god is a prick or he enjoys watching people suffer, i say how dare you.

You may not believe or you believe but don't want to worship and thats your choice and I havn't heard anyone say anyhting along the lines ''you don't believe your going to hell'' and why not because that would be discrimination of your beliefs. But for you to turn round and think it's ok to then poke fun and make nasty remarks about our faith OUR god, well shame on you for not showing the same respect we give you.

It's one thing not to believe in god, it's another to blame him for all the problems in the world. Being a human is about taking responcibility for your action, being a christian is doing so.

But I am a Christian.
I really am. I'm a Bad Christian, but I am a Christian.
And I'm not blaming God for things I've done wrong. I just don't understand how he can ask his people to murder and go to war. To me that doesn't seem like a God of forgiveness and love.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 12:01pm
Anji:
Ivana Amoeba:
rehabreject:

Like The Ugly Duckling, you believe in the morals not the actual story.
And the actually story would be?
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 30th, 2007 at 12:15pm
Ivana Amoeba:
rehabreject:

Wow, sorry. I honestly did not mean for that to sound like sarcasm.
Oh and no, I don't think I believe in God.

Those are simply the parts of the bible that still confuse me.
The fact that the bible is one big metaphor seems rather suspicious to me. It allows people to interpret it however they want.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 12:16pm
That even if you seem ugly at first, you may bloom and be a beautiful swan. Don't judge someone based on what you see when you first meet them.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
April 30th, 2007 at 12:49pm
Best atheist idea ever

But on-topic. Why don't I believe? For me, the idea behind something being eternal is incomprehensible.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 01:01pm
druscilla; in rags:
NeoSteph:

But I am a Christian.
And I'm not blaming God for things I've done wrong. I just don't understand how he can ask his people to murder and go to war. To me that doesn't seem like a God of forgiveness and love.

Your called him a prick and others have commented saying he must enjoy 'punishing' us. Also quotes further back blame god for war and suffering which is offensive to christians because if your blaming god, your blaming those who believe and worship him. Well it's all a load of poppy cock because there has been no direct hand of god actions since the old testament and lets just take a moment to reflect on that word

O.L.D. The fundamental teachings of the bible is that when jesus came and brought the new testament we were to follow those teachings and only remember the warnings of the old. Yes he was a vengeful god but people that was 5000 years ago. Your applying 1000's of years old teaching to present times and you can't justify that.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 30th, 2007 at 01:20pm
NeoSteph:
druscilla; in rags:
NeoSteph:

But I am a Christian.

Your called him a prick and others have commented saying he must enjoy 'punishing' us. Also quotes further back blame god for war and suffering which is offensive to christians because if your blaming god, your blaming those who believe and worship him. Well it's all a load of poppy cock because there has been no direct hand of god actions since the old testament and lets just take a moment to reflect on that word

O.L.D. The fundamental teachings of the bible is that when jesus came and brought the new testament we were to follow those teachings and only remember the warnings of the old. Yes he was a vengeful god but people that was 5000 years ago. Your applying 1000's of years old teaching to present times and you can't justify that.

Why can't I? Science does it. Isn't that what history class is for?
Our past is important to our present.
Register