"Illegal Aliens" crossing the borders.

AuthorMessage
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 27th, 2006 at 12:06am
Well, this morning about 6:30 am eight people died not even a half a mile from my house. Seven of those eight people were 'illegal aliens'. They hit head on with an eighteen-wheeler carrying cars (those cars that are broken n' stuff) The driver was killed, the seven people were traveling in a van. Others were in a truck but they didnt crash (Border Patrols are searching for them)People say they were chased over by cops. I dont know if you've taken any thought on people crossing the border from Mexico and other places and being killed. Its happened alot around here. Last year a pregnant Mexican woman was run over (eighteen-wheeler) and the blood was still on the highway. Ive heard talk that they want to put up fences on the border but I doubt that will stop them from coming. This was their land to begin with and we're pushing them out. They are risking their lives to find a better life over here. Some people complain about them "taking" our jobs Rolling Eyes Honestly, the jobs their remotely qualified for are working in fields. The other day a man was begging for a job at Dairy Queen (just to flip burgers) just so he could get out of the fields from picking vegetables and fruit. I dont know your thoughts on any of this but Im tired of seeing another car accident because of them trying to cross over. People who have nothing to do with it die, just like that truck driver. ._.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 27th, 2006 at 06:06am
I think its a really shit argument when people say 'They are taking our jobs'. Because they do the jobs we are not prepared to do like street cleaning or working in foundries.
Your right the wall won't spot them coming in, they will find a way around it.
It is awful about an innocent truck driver being killed (hell even the illega aliens being brutaly killed sucks), but I really think there is nothing we can do about it.
It's just one of those things that happens and we can't do anything about it.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 07:58am
Vader_Darth:
I think its a really shit argument when people say 'They are taking our jobs'. Because they do the jobs we are not prepared to do like street cleaning or working in foundries.
It is awful about an innocent truck driver being killed (hell even the illega aliens being brutaly killed sucks), but I really think there is nothing we can do about it.
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Unfortunately, this is in the "cannot change" part. We have to live with it...that doesn't mean we have to like it.

However, it could be changed to some degree if the immigration laws were altered to make it easier to get in...
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 27th, 2006 at 08:35am
dirtyhippie:
Vader_Darth:
"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

Unfortunately, this is in the "cannot change" part. We have to live with it...that doesn't mean we have to like it.

However, it could be changed to some degree if the immigration laws were altered to make it easier to get in...

Yes but if it were easier to get in racists and people who say 'they take our jobs' would rant and moan alot more and with the risk of a riot the government wouldn't do that.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
January 27th, 2006 at 08:50am
Vader_Darth:
dirtyhippie:
Vader_Darth:

Yes but if it were easier to get in racists and people who say 'they take our jobs' would rant and moan alot more and with the risk of a riot the government wouldn't do that.
C'mon, people in power do plenty of things that the public doesn't like. There were countless riots protesting 'Nam, but we were in it for...how many years? Well over a decade. (wow, I have no head for time.)

But it's not gonna happen anyway.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 27th, 2006 at 02:24pm
Normal laws and the laws of war are to seperate thing.

Polititions say they go to war for the greater good (whether or not this is true is another matter) with that good outweighing the bad of the protests.
But changing the law on immigrants (while still a good) may still not be good enough good to weigh out the bad.
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 03:56pm
Sheepo@_@:
Well, this morning about 6:30 am eight people died not even a half a mile from my house. Seven of those eight people were 'illegal aliens'. They hit head on with an eighteen-wheeler carrying cars (those cars that are broken n' stuff) The driver was killed, the seven people were traveling in a van. Others were in a truck but they didnt crash (Border Patrols are searching for them)People say they were chased over by cops. I dont know if you've taken any thought on people crossing the border from Mexico and other places and being killed. Its happened alot around here. Last year a pregnant Mexican woman was run over (eighteen-wheeler) and the blood was still on the highway. Ive heard talk that they want to put up fences on the border but I doubt that will stop them from coming. This was their land to begin with and we're pushing them out. They are risking their lives to find a better life over here. Some people complain about them "taking" our jobs Rolling Eyes Honestly, the jobs their remotely qualified for are working in fields. The other day a man was begging for a job at Dairy Queen (just to flip burgers) just so he could get out of the fields from picking vegetables and fruit. I dont know your thoughts on any of this but Im tired of seeing another car accident because of them trying to cross over. People who have nothing to do with it die, just like that truck driver. ._.

I actually saw on the news this morning that there are underground roads being used to smuggle drugs from the US ro Mexico, Mexico to the US. The fences aren't gonna do shit.

And I believe that taking lives of those who are just looking for a better one is immoral. We should protest.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
January 27th, 2006 at 03:57pm
There are different ways of keeping people from crossing the border. We shouldn't have to resort to killing.

Humans have such a nasty habit of destroying themselves. Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 28th, 2006 at 04:04am
right i am not going to say that we should kill these illeagal alliens, but where does everyone sugest we do with them? Should we give them all houses where let's be fair there aren't anough houses to go around the poeple who live in my community? I dont think shooting them is the answer but we should try and help them some other way, there arent enough jobs to go around this country and we have a high rate of uemployment anyway.
HavingAGreenDay
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
January 28th, 2006 at 10:23am
For me this problem falls under the jurisdiction of countries. I think imaginary lines, countries, and religions all cause problems.

We're all human beings. I believe we should all be allowed to go anywhere on Earth, without being hassled. If you're trapped in your own country, or trapped out of another country. It's the same as imprisonment.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 28th, 2006 at 03:49pm
HavingAGreenDay:
For me this problem falls under the jurisdiction of countries. I think imaginary lines, countries, and religions all cause problems.

We're all human beings. I believe we should all be allowed to go anywhere on Earth, without being hassled. If you're trapped in your own country, or trapped out of another country. It's the same as imprisonment.

True, but if people were alowed to go to other countries and take a job, you'd get countless protests wouldn't you?
a-dawg.
a-dawg.
January 28th, 2006 at 05:46pm
The thing is, immigrants often do a better job and are nicer and better presented for work.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
January 29th, 2006 at 12:15am
tre_cool_is_god:
right i am not going to say that we should kill these illeagal alliens, but where does everyone sugest we do with them? Should we give them all houses where let's be fair there aren't anough houses to go around the poeple who live in my community? I dont think shooting them is the answer but we should try and help them some other way, there arent enough jobs to go around this country and we have a high rate of uemployment anyway.
Shut up, please. Not enough jobs? Excuse its not like they're gonna take your job at the office. "Oh hey Bob we're giving your job to Jose. He doesnt speak English but whatever." They're in the fields picking vegetables, trust me they're the ones taking the jobs nobody wants.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2006 at 05:37am
tre_cool_is_god:

We do? Confused

I actually thought there were plenty of jobs to go around. Look at the NHS. They're bringing in nurses and even doctors from Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia, because there's a major shortage. My parents workplace comes under the umbrella of 'NHS', and they're so understaffed they need to draft in care workers from Kenya (and other countries, too). Look at Midwifery. The shortages there are quite alarming. Not only in healthcare, are there jobs going begging, too.

It's a well know myth perpeterated by the BNP amongst others, that immigrans move in, steal our houses, our jobs and our way of life.
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 29th, 2006 at 10:33am
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

We do? Confused

I actually thought there were plenty of jobs to go around. Look at the NHS. They're bringing in nurses and even doctors from Africa, Eastern Europe, Asia, because there's a major shortage. My parents workplace comes under the umbrella of 'NHS', and they're so understaffed they need to draft in care workers from Kenya (and other countries, too). Look at Midwifery. The shortages there are quite alarming. Not only in healthcare, are there jobs going begging, too.

It's a well know myth perpeterated by the BNP amongst others, that immigrans move in, steal our houses, our jobs and our way of life.

Very true, I've been in hospital resently and all the nurses were rushed off their feet.
But we can't give Illegal Immigrants nursing or Docters jobs because they're not qualified.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2006 at 11:09am
Vader_Darth:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

We do? Confused

Very true, I've been in hospital resently and all the nurses were rushed off their feet.
But we can't give Illegal Immigrants nursing or Docters jobs because they're not qualified.

Cut the 'Illegal'. If the NHS brings them in, they're legal, and have a workers Visa.

They are also fully qualified. That's the whole point. If we could employ unqualified nurses, we'd have no need to search so far afield.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 29th, 2006 at 01:23pm
Sheepo@_@:
tre_cool_is_god:
Shut up, please. Not enough jobs? Excuse its not like they're gonna take your job at the office. "Oh hey Bob we're giving your job to Jose. He doesnt speak English but whatever." They're in the fields picking vegetables, trust me they're the ones taking the jobs nobody wants.

i thought that people were free to give they're opinions here?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 29th, 2006 at 01:25pm
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

We do? Confused

ok why did they build an estate in s wales then for imigrants? and why also when i was trying to get my children into a new school was i told that they only had 15 places left 5 of which were inthe year that i needed for my child, i was told that those places were kept for assylum seekers? There is no fariness and never will be.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 29th, 2006 at 01:33pm
Vader_Darth:
Bloodraine:
tre_cool_is_god:

We do? Confused

i also have spent nearly 10 days in hospital and the night staff were shit!! All they were interested in is talking about who is doing what and who is doing who. I had to wait nearly 5 hours for someone to take me to the toilet, and before anyone of you say "why didnt you walk youeself" its a bit difficu;t to when you have just had a big operation and cant walk.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2006 at 01:35pm
tre_cool_is_god:
ok why did they build an estate in s wales then for imigrants?

You were just complaining about them taking up our houses a minute ago...Now you are complaining about the solution to this? Confused

tre_cool_is_god:
and why also when i was trying to get my children into a new school was i told that they only had 15 places left 5 of which were inthe year that i needed for my child, i was told that those places were kept for assylum seekers? There is no fariness and never will be.

Fair? You call it fair that these poor people are driven out of their countries by war, famine, their government?. Besides that, I'd call this an isolated incident.
Register