Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 10:13am
SAINT™:
Bloodraine:
Anji:
Has anybody who appoeses uniforms here ever stopped to realise that maybe your education is more valuable than your bright purple hair?

Thats what college is for (at least here). Or thats how I've always thought of it.
Two years where you can dye your hair a silly colour, get some face piercings, wear anything you want anytime you want. And then you calm down, dye out the pink streaks and put a natural colour back in, take out the piercings and wear respectable clothes.

I actually think dying your hair all one, natural colour is okay and allowed in school. It isn't in mine, which is a shame, but I got away with brown hair all last year so they kind of look upon some students with lenience.

But education is so much more important than being a rebel. In an ideal world, I'd like my ears pierced twice and a nose stud, I'd like to be able to wear hoop earrings, I'd like to be able to have a lighter shade of hair, but you know, I can just stfu and get on with it, because school is more important than vanity.

I have many adult years ahead of me in which to act uptight and conservative.
So I think I'll just run around being a vain teenage girl for now. Rolling Eyes

And many years to also learn that not dressing like a punx0r and wearing respectable clothes is not being uptight and conservative. Its called being a functioning member of society Up

Have fun being rebellious, now.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 11:06am
Im not saying Im rebellious, and Im not saying vanity is anything to be particulary proud of I just think that kids and teenagers should just be allowed to be kids and teenagers. Why grow up and become that fuctioning member of society too early?

I have a nose piercing and woe and behold, I am a functioning member of society with a steady part-time job, and decent grades.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 12:10pm
SAINT™:
Im not saying Im rebellious, and Im not saying vanity is anything to be particulary proud of I just think that kids and teenagers should just be allowed to be kids and teenagers. Why grow up and become that fuctioning member of society too early?

I have a nose piercing and woe and behold, I am a functioning member of society with a steady part-time job, and decent grades.
Why does having dyed hair, facial piercings, tattoos, and rude clothing have to be part of being a teenager. It's not how you look like. Thirty years ago, thirty year olds were dressing how teenagers dress today. It's how you act. They were more mature.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 18th, 2007 at 06:25am
Our school try and control what youlook like.
No piercings..hair tied back..no colour in hair...always in uniform...etc.
You break the rules, you're in isolation for a week!
Way too over the top.
How can having dyed hair get in the way of your education??
Controlling b*******.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 18th, 2007 at 06:26am
They don't even let us off school grounds at lunch, which i think is pathetic.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 09:17am
+_Pledged_+:
Way too over the top.
Controlling b*******.
Who gives a crap what you look like?!

What, you're going to seduce guys in class? You want teachers to think that you're cool? Want to look crazy with your bright hair in gravity defying spikes? Dyed hair will affect the schools image, it will influence stereotypes and form unneccessary cliques, and yeah, it is sometimes distracting.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 09:18am
+_Pledged_+:
Why do you need to leave the school? Confused If you want to leave school, then don't go there in the first place.
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
February 18th, 2007 at 09:19am
they should wear what they want
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 09:33am
whatsername48417:
they should wear what they want
Why?
Erin; Technophile
Post Whore
Erin; Technophile

Mibba
February 18th, 2007 at 01:15pm
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Why do you need to leave the school? Confused If you want to leave school, then don't go there in the first place.
Some schools let their kids leave school to go buy lunch off of school grounds if they wish. It's usually only the upperclassmen or kids with a valid drivers lisence that is allowed to do that.

I guess that the school Pledged goes to does not allow that sort of thing.
ha_ha_you're_screwed
Geek
ha_ha_you're_screwed

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 02:00pm
Infinity On High:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Some schools let their kids leave school to go buy lunch off of school grounds if they wish. It's usually only the upperclassmen or kids with a valid drivers lisence that is allowed to do that.

I guess that the school Pledged goes to does not allow that sort of thing.

Because my school has already failed the health inspection twice, we might have to leave the school grounds to eat. Sometimes, that's why you have to leave school grounds to eat. I don't see why that has anything to do with dress codes, it's ok to wear uniform off campus.
cactus.
Falling In Love With The Board
cactus.
February 18th, 2007 at 03:22pm
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Way too over the top.
Controlling b*******.

What, you're going to seduce guys in class? You want teachers to think that you're cool? Want to look crazy with your bright hair in gravity defying spikes? Dyed hair will affect the schools image, it will influence stereotypes and form unneccessary cliques, and yeah, it is sometimes distracting.

People do have a life outside of school too. You can't only wear your piercings after school, same with hair.
I do agree with wearing a uniform, and hair tied back if it's long, but that's about it.
Students should be allowed to dye their hair, if they feel like it and drill as many holes in their body as they like, as long as it's not exagerated. You're in school until 18....when should you have brightly coloured hair if not now?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 18th, 2007 at 03:57pm
wax butterfly.:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Way too over the top.
Controlling b*******.

People do have a life outside of school too. You can't only wear your piercings after school, same with hair.
I do agree with wearing a uniform, and hair tied back if it's long, but that's about it.
Students should be allowed to dye their hair, if they feel like it and drill as many holes in their body as they like, as long as it's not exagerated. You're in school until 18....when should you have brightly coloured hair if not now?

But if you wanted to be, say, a Doctor, the health service wouldn't let you have bright green hair and a septum piercing. Why is a school any different?
Its about rules, and sticking to them. Any employer has the right to refuse you for a job if you don't go by their rules, schools should be the same.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 19th, 2007 at 05:07am
+_Pledged_+:

Over here I think it's illegal to let the students off the school grounds unless they go home with a parent or there is teacher with them.

Like, somewhere away from school obviously.

It's all due to safety.

Once you get to year 11 and 12, it's different, because you don't legally have to attend school, but usually you still have to have a teacher with you, to look after you.

I don't think it's pathetic. I think if you let all the kids go out at lunch and say "return at this time", anything could happen to them, and it would be your problem because they would be under your care.
+_Pledged_+
Idiot
+_Pledged_+
February 19th, 2007 at 06:21am
I'm in year 11, and they still don't let us, that's why i think it's a tad over the top.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 09:09am
+_Pledged_+:
I'm in year 11, and they still don't let us, that's why i think it's a tad over the top.
Well, in my case, some guy was shot to death outside of our school, so I'm glad we're not allowed out. Ever think that maybe the school cares for your well being?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 19th, 2007 at 09:12am
Bloodraine:
wax butterfly.:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:
Way too over the top.
Controlling b*******.

But if you wanted to be, say, a Doctor, the health service wouldn't let you have bright green hair and a septum piercing. Why is a school any different?
Its about rules, and sticking to them. Any employer has the right to refuse you for a job if you don't go by their rules, schools should be the same.
A doctor looking presentable is simply a case of attracting more patients by exerting a proffessional appearence. But, for example, I work at Swensen's and we have to wear a uniform, for obvious reasons, to distinguish ourselves from randoms who are just walking around the restaurant. This shows people who we are. You want to express yourself, that's what a uniform is. That shows who you are. Doctors don't wear a specified uniform, but one that is expected of them. A work outfit, clean cut hair, sharp appearance, there's your uniform. That's your identy. That's who you are.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 03:43am
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:

I think she means like, going off campus for lunch.
Most schools here get to do that, but you have to get passes.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 03:54am
SAINT™:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:

I know that some school have that, but hey, hers doesn't so she has to accept that. It's not pathetic, they must have a reason. Believe it or not, but there are people who work for the school to make sure that the regulations of the school ensure the safety of the sudents.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 20th, 2007 at 04:24am
Anji:
SAINT™:
Anji:
+_Pledged_+:

I know that some school have that, but hey, hers doesn't so she has to accept that. It's not pathetic, they must have a reason. Believe it or not, but there are people who work for the school to make sure that the regulations of the school ensure the safety of the sudents.

Yeah, i didnt think it was a pathetic thing for the school to do, I actually think its reasonable. I mean, no matter how many times I doubt it, the school staff are here to make sure we're safe whilst in their care. My school is situated in a pretty safe area, so its allowed.

Perhaps her school isnt in such a great area maybe..
Register