Dress codes

AuthorMessage
Dom
Jackass
Dom
May 14th, 2007 at 11:34am
one reason for school uniforms is that everyone is dressed the same, and so the poor kids cant be picked on by the rich kids because they arent wearing as nice clothes as them, which i can remember happening on "own clothes days" we had at school, and most people even when given the choice just pretty much end up making their own uniform, few people have the guts to dress individually, or get ridiculed for it, which is a shame.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 12:22pm
If they introduced uniforms at my college, half the teachers would quit.
Don't ask me why but that's what we've been told.
missand
Geek
missand

Mibba
May 14th, 2007 at 02:56pm
I don't believe in uniform, i mean we get made to wear uniform and what about the teachers they should be setting an example to us.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 14th, 2007 at 03:04pm
So much for the dress code at my school. They told us over and over again if you are wearing shorts or skirts that are too short you'll be given a pair of long gym shorts. But i guess if your family is goods friends with the school/teachers you're excluded. Rolling Eyes its so frustrating
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 14th, 2007 at 04:43pm
I support dress codes, mostly because I'm sick of seeing girls in teenytiny skirts or shorts bending over in the hallways. It's gross.

Honestly, I don't think dress codes are the worst things in the world. If you aren't wearing shirts that advocate violence or sex, or show off your boobies, and your skirt/shorts are a decent length, you'll have no trouble. They're not telling what to wear and how to wear it, just not to show off your naughty bits.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 04:49pm
ok i will just throw this in first, at school we had a meeting about dress codes and this kid thought they where to strict so he made this "welcome to Saudi Arabia, land of modesty those dressing unmodest will be deported" sign and put it in the math room lmfao

well anyway i think that dress codes are fine as long as they dont go overbored, like i dont think people should be able to where bikini tops and short shorts to class, but i think flip flops or even tank tops (as long as they dont show boobs) are ok. i dislike the idea of uniforms beacause it ruins kids freedoms.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 05:04pm
People have to be free of expression, so why not burn uniforms... Shifty
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 08:00pm
Say you wore gloves like these at my school:

You would have to take them off because "you can't wear gloves indoors."

Isn't that the biggest load of bullshit you've ever heard in your life?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 11:00pm
nimrodidiot:

What if you have bad circulation and it makes your hands cold and clamy? OMFG
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
May 15th, 2007 at 11:06am
nimrodidiot:

Once I wore a pair of gloves like that and was called satanic all day

And I agree with Kurtni, 'cause my hands do get really cold and clammy.

With uniforms... Well, there are pro's and con's and I can't quite figure out what would make the best sense. I like my own clothes, though.
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
May 16th, 2007 at 06:06pm
I understand, because I go to a private (and Catholic school), that the dress code is enforced so that any harassment is not based on what someone is wearing and, at least in my school, so that we "look our best". However, I think that this dress code has several loopholes, from my observations. In my school, the other guys in my grade, who are incredibly immature, have found a way of making fun of other guys by calling a loop on the back of our dress shirts, "fag tags".
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 16th, 2007 at 06:49pm
Meski:
So freedom expression means that I have to see girls' asses when I walk behind them because they want to wear short skirts and "express themselves"?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2007 at 07:22pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
So freedom expression means that I have to see girls' asses when I walk behind them because they want to wear short skirts and "express themselves"?
That's indecent exposure and a totally different matter entirely. Mr. Green I don't have a dress code and I wouldn't wear things like that in public.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 17th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
That's indecent exposure and a totally different matter entirely. Mr. Green I don't have a dress code and I wouldn't wear things like that in public.
But far too many girls at my school do, which is why I support dress codes.

There's always the group of kids who just refuse to cover up, and it does not make my morning, noon or night, frankly.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 17th, 2007 at 08:21pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

There's always the group of kids who just refuse to cover up, and it does not make my morning, noon or night, frankly.

So, because a select few girls don't wear clothes that everyone is ok with, an entire school of kids should be punished? I don't think that's right. Indecent exposure is a crime, really. If they won't obey school rules then they should be punished by a higher authority and maybe then they'd take the rules seriously. But thats still no reason to not allow kids to wear what they want.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 17th, 2007 at 10:57pm
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

So, because a select few girls don't wear clothes that everyone is ok with, an entire school of kids should be punished? I don't think that's right. Indecent exposure is a crime, really. If they won't obey school rules then they should be punished by a higher authority and maybe then they'd take the rules seriously. But thats still no reason to not allow kids to wear what they want.
Maybe I define dress code differently than you do, dear. Think

What we have now, which no one obeys anyways, is basically, skirts should be no more than three inches about the knee, no violent shit on t-shirts, boobs covered, twat covered, etc, etc, and if you violate the code, you have to change. But everyone ignores it, which is just pointless.

I don't think that there should be uniforms and all of that nonsense. I just want to be able to walk up the stairs without seeing all sorts of unmentionable things.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 18th, 2007 at 01:43pm
missand:
I don't believe in uniform, i mean we get made to wear uniform and what about the teachers they should be setting an example to us.
Do you really not think that teachers don't wear uniforms? Do you think that their ties and their tucked in shirts, their leather shoes and neat hair is how they dress every day?!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 18th, 2007 at 01:46pm
Polexia?:
ok i will just throw this in first, at school we had a meeting about dress codes and this kid thought they where to strict so he made this "welcome to Saudi Arabia, land of modesty those dressing unmodest will be deported" sign and put it in the math room lmfao

well anyway i think that dress codes are fine as long as they dont go overbored, like i dont think people should be able to where bikini tops and short shorts to class, but i think flip flops or even tank tops (as long as they dont show boobs) are ok. i dislike the idea of uniforms beacause it ruins kids freedoms.
I used to go to school in Dubai. I remember we have a conservative-ish uniform, mostly just out of modesty respect for Muslims. I think it's important to respect that. Going all out in public is such a taboo, I don't think anybody would want.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 18th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Maybe I define dress code differently than you do, dear. Think

What we have now, which no one obeys anyways, is basically, skirts should be no more than three inches about the knee, no violent shit on t-shirts, boobs covered, twat covered, etc, etc, and if you violate the code, you have to change. But everyone ignores it, which is just pointless.

I don't think that there should be uniforms and all of that nonsense. I just want to be able to walk up the stairs without seeing all sorts of unmentionable things.
I'd just like to point out, and also to the other person talking about loopholes in school uniforms, girls have always found a way around skirt length when it somes to uniforms. The classic top turn, hemming, scrunching it up, wearing the skirt well above your hips, flip out, flip in, too many things you can do. And, how can individuality be diminished by uniforms when there are one thousand and one different ways to wear a uniform. Infact, showing off individuality while wearing a uniform, I think is the most individual thing an individual can do.

In Thailand, there is a national public school uniform, and I'd like to think that as a result, Thai pupils are some of the brightest in Asia. Even teachers have uniforms. (I know a lot about the Thai educational system, one of my uncles is a principal at a school.)

It is a thrill to see a mass of girls in white blouses and knees length navy blue skirts and boys in white blouses and kakhi shorts, busing their way to school at five in the morning. It has very traditional and cultural roots, the school uniform, and I like that my mum has difficulty distinguishing students nowadays from students in her years of secondary education. There are very few complaits as well, infact about 0.5% don't like the uniform, which is a big feat considering every child who goes to a public school between the ages of five and eighteen has to wear them.

In my own school, comparing non-uniform days to uniform days, there is a big difference in attitude, and I think that alone shows what a uniform can do to students.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
May 18th, 2007 at 04:05pm
We don't have to wear uniforms here.
I wouldn't mind wearing a uniform. In fact, I think the idea of wearing uniforms is not bad. It's about making everyone equal. It shows everyone is treated equally, regardless of who your parents are or how much money you have. Ok so they may look stupid for some people and that's probably one of the reasons they don't like them, but the idea that there are no differences between students if they all look the same is nice.
Register