Dress codes

AuthorMessage
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 11th, 2007 at 12:36pm
SAINT™:
One thing I hate about my school is, that my friend got kicked out of the SRC for dying her hair green.

SRC = Student Council Representitive.

is it against the dress code?
miyako xxx
Geek
miyako xxx
February 11th, 2007 at 06:47pm
IMO people should know what's appropriate for school attire. i can't stand when some girl gets called out on by a teacher when she's wearing two inches of fabric and wonders why some administrator told her to go home and put on new clothes.
sometimes i wish there were uniforms at my school considering that there is a little too many guide lines in our dress code this year (you can't wear any thing exposing your shoulders, like what is that? is shoulder to this era what ankle was to the victorian era? wtf.). uniforms would make things easier rather than digging up and sorting out clothes appropriate for the day, you could just whip on the uniform and go on one's merry little way to school.
miyako xxx
Geek
miyako xxx
February 11th, 2007 at 06:50pm
Bitchden:
SAINT™:
One thing I hate about my school is, that my friend got kicked out of the SRC for dying her hair green.

in alot of schools (including mine) you're not supposed to have "distracting" hair colors such as blue, green, and any other obviously obvious un natural colors.
it isn't going to keep me from dying my hair pink in May though Razz.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 11th, 2007 at 06:55pm
miyako xxx:
Bitchden:
SAINT™:

in alot of schools (including mine) you're not supposed to have "distracting" hair colors such as blue, green, and any other obviously obvious un natural colors.
it isn't going to keep me from dying my hair pink in May though Razz.

i am aware of this - i have had my hair many colors, right now it is purple.
i'm only saking becasue if dying your hair green is against the dress code in her school, the school had every right to kick her out. she did not follow the rules.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 11th, 2007 at 07:53pm
Bitchden:
i'm only saking becasue if dying your hair green is against the dress code in her school, the school had every right to kick her out. she did not follow the rules.

Exactly, it's completly reasonably, because she's supposed to be a role model for the other people in that school, she's supposed to show good judgement and responsability. And most schools in Australia do have a strict.. well, not exactly strict, but at most schools you're not supposed to dye your hair a colour like that. When she agreed to be on the SRC, she agreed to follow the school rules. Obv. she didn't do that, so yeah, there's no point in them complaining or anything like that.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 02:22am
Coff:
Bitchden:

Exactly, it's completly reasonably, because she's supposed to be a role model for the other people in that school, she's supposed to show good judgement and responsability. And most schools in Australia do have a strict.. well, not exactly strict, but at most schools you're not supposed to dye your hair a colour like that. When she agreed to be on the SRC, she agreed to follow the school rules. Obv. she didn't do that, so yeah, there's no point in them complaining or anything like that.

it wasnt against the uniform policy.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 05:11am
Then it that case, it was really dumb to kick her out just for that. I mean...are you sure she wasn't like...spraying deodarant all over the place or something? cuz apparently, you get in trouble for spraying deodarant in places other than your armpit.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 05:24am
lyrical_mess:
Then it that case, it was really dumb to kick her out just for that. I mean...are you sure she wasn't like...spraying deodarant all over the place or something? cuz apparently, you get in trouble for spraying deodarant in places other than your armpit.

she yells at people who do that.
shes a vegetarian and ALWAYS makes people put their rubbish in the bin.
there was no solid reason as to why they did it, they just did.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 08:03am
SAINT™:
lyrical_mess:

she yells at people who do that.
shes a vegetarian and ALWAYS makes people put their rubbish in the bin.
there was no solid reason as to why they did it, they just did.

Do you go to an all-vegetarian school? Cheese
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 08:12am
Don't nitpick, Bloodraine. *is a hypocrite and a nitpicker*

Saint, it probably wasn't the hair. Maybe the school just found someone...better, I guess? Unless you go to one of those schools where no one even cares.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 12th, 2007 at 02:55pm
you friend is obviously going to tell you one side of the story, don't judge the school until you know BOTH sides of the argument. The school could have a perfectly logical explanation.
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 14th, 2007 at 01:21am
I have read the uniform policy, there is nothing in there that specifies what colours are acceptable for hair. She has never had detention or been in trouble since she's been there. she is nice to everyone and never creates drama - she doesnt even bitch about people, im serious.

but it probably WAS the hair but whatever.
lili
Jackass
lili

Blog
February 14th, 2007 at 06:52am
I think that uniforms are a really good idea. I used to hate it but when I moved to France three years ago and started not having uniforms, I discovered why school's have them. I know alot of kids that have been bullied because of not having "the latest fashions" and for not dressing the same way as everyone else. I think uniforms are great. :]
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 14th, 2007 at 09:24am
SAINT™:
I have read the uniform policy, there is nothing in there that specifies what colours are acceptable for hair. She has never had detention or been in trouble since she's been there. she is nice to everyone and never creates drama - she doesnt even bitch about people, im serious.

but it probably WAS the hair but whatever.

The school wants people looking professional. The see this as a distraction or something. They have a reason; they have too.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 16th, 2007 at 03:57am
Has anybody who appoeses uniforms here ever stopped to realise that maybe your education is more valuable than your bright purple hair?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
February 17th, 2007 at 09:25am
Anji:
Has anybody who appoeses uniforms here ever stopped to realise that maybe your education is more valuable than your bright purple hair?

exactly.
i'm fortunate to be able to express myself in that way, but if i couldn't it wouldn't bother me. because there is a time and place for everything.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 09:30am
Bitchden:
Anji:

exactly.
i'm fortunate to be able to express myself in that way, but if i couldn't it wouldn't bother me. because there is a time and place for everything.
Same here. I just dyed my hair black, the original colour because I actually want to look decent enough to go to the university I'm going in. That by no means, means that I am any less expressive than I normally am. If you only know how to express who you are through how you look, you are in a sad and sorry state and I really do sympathise for you.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 09:42am
Anji:

Thats what college is for (at least here). Or thats how I've always thought of it.
Two years where you can dye your hair a silly colour, get some face piercings, wear anything you want anytime you want. And then you calm down, dye out the pink streaks and put a natural colour back in, take out the piercings and wear respectable clothes.

I actually think dying your hair all one, natural colour is okay and allowed in school. It isn't in mine, which is a shame, but I got away with brown hair all last year so they kind of look upon some students with lenience.

But education is so much more important than being a rebel. In an ideal world, I'd like my ears pierced twice and a nose stud, I'd like to be able to wear hoop earrings, I'd like to be able to have a lighter shade of hair, but you know, I can just stfu and get on with it, because school is more important than vanity.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 09:58am
Bloodraine:
Anji:

Thats what college is for (at least here). Or thats how I've always thought of it.
Two years where you can dye your hair a silly colour, get some face piercings, wear anything you want anytime you want. And then you calm down, dye out the pink streaks and put a natural colour back in, take out the piercings and wear respectable clothes.

I actually think dying your hair all one, natural colour is okay and allowed in school. It isn't in mine, which is a shame, but I got away with brown hair all last year so they kind of look upon some students with lenience.

But education is so much more important than being a rebel. In an ideal world, I'd like my ears pierced twice and a nose stud, I'd like to be able to wear hoop earrings, I'd like to be able to have a lighter shade of hair, but you know, I can just stfu and get on with it, because school is more important than vanity.
Shocked I've gone through that phase before I've even gone to university!
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2007 at 10:05am
Bloodraine:
Anji:

I have many adult years ahead of me in which to act uptight and conservative.
So I think I'll just run around being a vain teenage girl for now. Rolling Eyes
Register