Aliens

AuthorMessage
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 06:58pm
Okay yes, I believe that there has to be intelligent life out there.
I mean, the universe is so incredibly big that we cannot comprehend it. That means we have no idea of what there could be out there.
But who knows? Maybe there are aliens out there. But maybe they know just as much as we do, and they're speculating whether or not we're here.
I guess there are both more intelligent and more primitive creatures out there.
But what if we are alone and we're just outstandingly amazing and lucky to be us?
What if they know all about us and watch over us constantly? And what if they want to take over our planet or if they need our help with something. Or maybe we're just too different, so they feel that they can't intrude.
Who knows anything at all? Maybe we're just a tiny little dot and there are actually billions of galaxies. And who knows if there are more than one universe. And then what is outside this universe and how many universes are there?
green_day86
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
green_day86
April 28th, 2007 at 12:19pm
do u know that crop curles can be formed by strikes of lightening.
there is no aliens and if there were then why havent they stayed on earth? hmmmmm?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 12:27pm
green_day86:

there is no aliens and if there were then why havent they stayed on earth? hmmmmm?

Oh, what a hideously arrogant perspective.

Because, of course, Earth is the very epicentre of the universe, right?

Aliens might be too far away to reach us. They might not have the technology. After all, we aren't advanced enough to visit them, are we? Aliens might not want to reach us. Et cetera.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Bloodraine:
green_day86:

Aliens might be too far away to reach us. They might not have the technology. After all, we aren't advanced enough to visit them, are we? Aliens might not want to reach us. Et cetera.
I do not blame them.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 05:39pm
Anji:
Bloodraine:
green_day86:

I do not blame them.
I saw on TV a commercial showing how shitty Earth is and there was a scene where a UFO was landing on Earth and when it saw that there was garbage and stuff, they left.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
April 28th, 2007 at 09:39pm
I don't believe in them, but I have my doubts. Like why would we be the only planet with life. But I still don't really believe in them.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 11:02pm
The aliens don't have to be as complex as humans. It could be a plant planet or something. With Venus-fly-trap-like plants that depend on more than photosynthesis.

I want a mouse planet. With Speedy Gonzalez and Jerry. I need to stop watching old cartoons.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 12:27am
lyrical_mess:
They recently found the most earthlike planet yet! Cassie

I'm hoping the next one they find has mice or something.

Well, if the planet had life that was anything like earth in its early stages alot of the life would be in oceans, or what had moved on land would be reptilian looking. Thats of course assuming it was similar to Earth, it could easily be totally and completely different.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 03:37am
Kurtni:
lyrical_mess:
They recently found the most earthlike planet yet! Cassie

I'm hoping the next one they find has mice or something.

Well, if the planet had life that was anything like earth in its early stages alot of the life would be in oceans, or what had moved on land would be reptilian looking. Thats of course assuming it was similar to Earth, it could easily be totally and completely different.
Sientists have recently theorised that other planets could have completely different coloured everything because of the reaction of certain gases with elements on those planets. Water could be orange or something.

This theory has lead me to believe that aliens would almost certainly never come to our planet and we couldn't travel to their even if we had the technology and the time. Should time have not been a factor, simply the safety of the astronauts venturing into unknown territory with no thought on how different compounds of gases could affect our instruments and our own bodies. But then, just like when we first tried to go into space, that's what chimpanzees and dogs are for.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 03:42am
And sending chimps and dogs into unchartered waters doesn't count as animal abuse?

anyway, pictures!

And article! New 'super-earth' found in space
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 03:47am
lyrical_mess:
And sending chimps and dogs into unchartered waters doesn't count as animal abuse?
It's been done before, I see no reason why they wouldn't do it again.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 03:51am
Life doesn't need light. Bacteria has been found in the worlds most remote, dark caves, hundreds of metres below the Earth's surface.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 29th, 2007 at 08:11am
As soon as we start delving into other planets, I think we would have to re-classify what we consider to be life.
It is very unlikely that 'aliens' are just like humans and that planets millions of miles away from eachother have, by pure chance, developed in exactly the same way.

If we ever do find 'life' on other planets, I have a feeling they'd be nothing like us. For example life on earth is categorised by the processes of respiration or photosynthesis, but who's to say that life on other planets actually needs oxygen or water?

We may not be able to communicate with them, we may not even recognise them as life forms. I mean, I know close to nothing about these sort of things, but it the criteria scientists are looking for on other planets is very limiting - it only allows us to classify life as organisms similar to ours.

Also, random question: If we do find aliens, what consequences would that have for religious beliefs?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 29th, 2007 at 11:30am
Well, the sort of generally considered idea of a living organism is metabolism, respiration, homeostasis, response to stimuli, reproduction (or kin selection), growth, and adaption.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 30th, 2007 at 09:26am
Anji:
This theory has lead me to believe that aliens would almost certainly never come to our planet and we couldn't travel to their even if we had the technology and the time. Should time have not been a factor, simply the safety of the astronauts venturing into unknown territory with no thought on how different compounds of gases could affect our instruments and our own bodies. But then, just like when we first tried to go into space, that's what chimpanzees and dogs are for.

Your theory could be true for Human beings going to other planets.
But the other way could be possible: "Aliens" could come here. It just depends on their physical abilities. They could be able to live in different atmospheres.

Anyway.. Truth is out there.

Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 09:35am
Cecilia:
Anji:

Your theory could be true for Human beings going to other planets.
But the other way could be possible: "Aliens" could come here. It just depends on their physical abilities. They could be able to live in different atmospheres.

Anyway.. Truth is out there.

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Fox-Mulder-Dana-Scully-Poster-Card-C10230650.jpeg

It is said that the creatures that will visit us have better technologies so maybe that's why tey'll come Dno
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 30th, 2007 at 09:44am
Meski:
It is said that the creatures that will visit us have better technologies so maybe that's why tey'll come Dno

Maybe they already came..
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 09:48am
Cecilia:
Meski:

That goes backt to the Mayans, some theories point out that their strange dissapearance was due to being abducted ny aliens as they made the prophecy that said that they will land on Earth in the year 2012
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 30th, 2007 at 10:54am
Meski:
Cecilia:
Meski:

That goes backt to the Mayans, some theories point out that their strange dissapearance was due to being abducted ny aliens as they made the prophecy that said that they will land on Earth in the year 2012

They say so many things...
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 30th, 2007 at 02:07pm
Everyone's waiting for the aliens to come in 2012 Cassie

If I remember this, I'll tell alot of people Cool
Register