What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 12th, 2006 at 02:23pm
That's gonna turn into some hate thread against the artist/s who could possible 'follow' ..

I don't like the media starting such mess, why have we to begin with it ?! ..

Okay I'm done.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 02:50pm
I don't think there is any band..right now, that will be the next Green Day.
Maybe in while there will be something close.
But great bands can't be duplicated. Very Happy
Aswer this, define Green Day or what a band would need to be the next one.
Puffkeks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Puffkeks
June 12th, 2006 at 02:58pm
Yeah, Fall out boy sucks. There's nothing better than Green Day. But after Green Day are "Die Ärzte", a german punkrock band. but I also like Nirvana.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 03:02pm
Cecilia:
It's kinda pointless to me..
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
There aren't 'best' bands.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"
It'd be just a point of view, not a general statement.
yeah, I agree. Bands are meant to be different and have their own creativity, and they shouldnt make music for the purpose of being "better" than another band.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 03:13pm
Green Day don't really have a crown. They have one for all of 10 minutes of King For A Day.. and that's it really. I don't really give a toss which band becomes the next media darhlings. You should be concentrating on achieving your own individual metaphor that you need to acomplish and just relax, take a deep breath and think. Just think about the big questions like..

"Who am I?"
"Why am I here?"
"What's the point?"

etc. Cool
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
June 12th, 2006 at 03:38pm
The Cabs.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 12th, 2006 at 04:20pm
Amanda:
Marilyn Manson, Again

Just wait biatch Hand

hasnt he retired?

anyway i think that it could possibly be M.S.I or even The Darkness
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
June 12th, 2006 at 04:35pm
Honestly, no one is going to take their "crown". No one band is exactly the same, no matter how much you want it to be. Green Day has their own "crown" and so does every other band thats ever made a record and got even slightly popular.
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda
FCPSITSGEPGEPGEPanda

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 04:36pm
M.S.I.? That would be the day. Laughing
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 04:37pm
Green Day may not have the 'crown', literally Cool

.. But they are considered to be the "Kings of 'Punk Rock' (Don't go into a debate about the P word)"

So, eh. I don't really know Dno
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 12th, 2006 at 09:50pm
Cecilia:
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"

'Nuff said. Cool
DirntyGirl101
Geek
DirntyGirl101
June 12th, 2006 at 10:05pm
there might be other successful bands, but no one can ever replace gd. i mean look what they have done, u have 2 be really really talented to be the next green day
Megan.
Megan.
June 12th, 2006 at 10:10pm
Cecilia:
maybe she means crown of fame. It is possible for one to be more famous than the other.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
June 12th, 2006 at 10:13pm
Stabbeh:
Cecilia:
maybe she means crown of fame. It is possible for one to be more famous than the other.

It also depends on what you mean with "more famous":
More money? More albums? More fans? More songs played on a radio? More concerts? etc..

Famous is also subjective..
I can talk about many bands who are famous, but you won't know them 'cause they aren't part of the bands you listen to, for example..
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
June 12th, 2006 at 10:14pm
i dont think anyone can top green day's success. i mean, look at them! they're millionairs, they're multi-platinum, they're just undeafeatable.
Megan.
Megan.
June 12th, 2006 at 10:16pm
Cecilia:
Stabbeh:
Cecilia:

It also depends on what you mean with "more famous":
More money? More albums? More fans? More songs played on a radio? More concerts? etc..

Famous is also subjective..
I can talk about many bands who are famous, but you won't know them 'cause they aren't part of the bands you listen to, for example..
aha. Your right. Nevamind.
whersermind
Geek
whersermind

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 10:24pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
Green Day don't really have a crown. They have one for all of 10 minutes of King For A Day.. and that's it really. I don't really give a toss which band becomes the next media darhlings. You should be concentrating on achieving your own individual metaphor that you need to acomplish and just relax, take a deep breath and think. Just think about the big questions like..

"Who am I?"
"Why am I here?"
"What's the point?"
etc. Cool

you know, i have been asking myself those questions a long time.......

adn i think they DO have a crwon as King For A Day. i'm not sure if you're understanding what i'm saying, but whatever....
Bat_Country_Chick
Idiot
Bat_Country_Chick

Mibba
June 12th, 2006 at 10:27pm
Billie Joe
.Ashley.
.Ashley.
June 12th, 2006 at 10:33pm
Cecilia:
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2006 at 10:37pm
Angel Billie Joe:
Billie Joe
.... he isnt a band.
Register