What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
June 25th, 2006 at 01:50pm
Magne:
Amanda:
Marilyn Manson, Again

Just wait biatch Hand

hasnt he retired?

anyway i think that it could possibly be M.S.I or even The Darkness
nupe.
the_feeling_isn't_fear
Geek
the_feeling_isn't_fear
June 25th, 2006 at 02:00pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Ugh .. Why are you all thinking about Fall Out Boy Rolling Eyes .. if you think about such shit, at least pick a good band ?! ..

people are intitle to an opinion!
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover
June 26th, 2006 at 09:54am
I don't think it's really possible to pick a band to take over when GD is gone *sniffle/cry*. Green Day is not like any other band. They brought punk back into main stream TWICE in 1994 with Dookie and again in 2004 with American Idiot. I don't think any band will ever come close to doing what GD has done. They are the godfathers of modern punk and they have changed the face of rock music. No one can take over for GD, because no band will ever come close to what they have done.
Green_Day_Addicted
Idiot
Green_Day_Addicted
June 26th, 2006 at 12:25pm
BillieJoeArmstrong'sLover:
I don't think it's really possible to pick a band to take over when GD is gone *sniffle/cry*. Green Day is not like any other band. They brought punk back into main stream TWICE in 1994 with Dookie and again in 2004 with American Idiot. I don't think any band will ever come close to doing what GD has done. They are the godfathers of modern punk and they have changed the face of rock music. No one can take over for GD, because no band will ever come close to what they have done.

I agree.
Sabbie!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Sabbie!
June 29th, 2006 at 04:59am
I agree with most posts on here.
GD has a different sound, and I don't think I've ever heard a band that would be like them.
As for the famous thing..............I think GD fans last longer than FOB/P!ATD/etc.etc. fans will ever last.
But that's just my opinon.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 09:58am
INO KiD.:
I agree with most posts on here.
GD has a different sound, and I don't think I've ever heard a band that would be like them.
As for the famous thing..............I think GD fans last longer than FOB/P!ATD/etc.etc. fans will ever last.
But that's just my opinon.

*this is not directed at you*

people need to remember that GD have been around alot longer , FOB nad PANIC! are still biulding a fan base
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
June 29th, 2006 at 11:32am
meh, blink-182 did take their crown, but then they broke up and green day got it back.
Fox
King For A Couple Of Days
Fox
June 29th, 2006 at 11:41am
Um....the Network?

Sorry, I don't think I understand the question.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 11:43am
Fox:
Um....the Network?

Sorry, I don't think I understand the question.

like what band , is going to 'take GD's crwon' as some have put it
basically who;s going to be the next big band
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
June 29th, 2006 at 12:03pm
well, i think that no band will proceed green day now. I think that with two stellar albums under their belt, they're not really a trendy band anymore, they're a classic rock band, like the Beatles, Rolling Stones, the Who, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and even Nirvana. If you look at a band like the Beatles, they started out as a trend with a poppy, less serious album (compare Please Please Me to Dookie) and towards the end of their career they rolled out an ambitious, true rock album (compare Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band to American Idiot). That's what makes a classic rock band. No band ever "proceeded" the Beatles.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 01:18pm
ok this isn't directed at anyone but .........

IMO the only reason (alot) of you say what you are saying is because you like the band. Your opinion of GD is basically why you are saying 'no one will ever top them'. you think they are the greatest band ... thats why
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 29th, 2006 at 01:37pm
Viva La Stupid:

IMO the only reason (alot) of you say what you are saying is because you like the band. Your opinion of GD is basically why you are saying 'no one will ever top them'. you think they are the greatest band ... thats why

... o_0

Even if not, like everyone with one glimp of intelligence already said, no Band can follow them.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 01:42pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Viva La Stupid:

... o_0

Even if not, like everyone with one glimp of intelligence already said, no Band can follow them.

i like GD , my fav. and i do think some band will top them
AI is not a ground breaking , artist have been doing poltical stuff before them , other bands have had the same type of success , look at the friggin backstreet boys or any pop band of that matter in the later 90's they were HUGE those artist have had cds gone diamond (and not over a 10 year period of time)
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 29th, 2006 at 01:48pm
Viva La Stupid:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Viva La Stupid:

... o_0

AI is not a ground breaking , artist have been doing poltical stuff before them , other bands have had the same type of success , look at the friggin backstreet boys or any pop band of that matter in the later 90's they were HUGE those artist have had cds gone diamond (and not over a 10 year period of time)

O_O

Yeah, it's easier for the Mainstream to sell that many, and it was their Come Back, it could have been the totally Flop. And .. political sutff WTF o_0 ?! .. Of course, who said Green Day were the first, who did something political Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I don't know what you're trying to say ?!
It wasn't "top" it was "proceed" ..
Mia-0210
Idiot
Mia-0210

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2006 at 01:57pm
It pisses me off when a magazine writes "Fall Out Boy: The Next Green Day"

I mean, why the hell do they write that? It isn't like Green Day is a position that someone can take.

Ok I'm done.
insomniac<3333
Geek
insomniac<3333
June 29th, 2006 at 02:03pm
I think that AFI might.
hm___kinky
King For A Couple Of Days
hm___kinky
June 29th, 2006 at 02:08pm
bands can try but no one can be like green day they are awesome and no band can make a show that lively and everything they can try but it would never be like Green Day so none
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
June 29th, 2006 at 02:08pm
mkay i take it back. my band is going to top green day.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 02:48pm
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Viva La Stupid:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Viva La Stupid:

... o_0

O_O

Yeah, it's easier for the Mainstream to sell that many, and it was their Come Back, it could have been the totally Flop. And .. political sutff WTF o_0 ?! .. Of course, who said Green Day were the first, who did something political Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I don't know what you're trying to say ?!
It wasn't "top" it was "proceed" ..

people say they started all this crap because AI was so poltical (i'm not sure how to put that intpo words but i do now what i want to say)

never fucking mind
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 04:10pm
well if the topic is proceed , well every band is going to proceed GD , they will eventually stop
top GD is another thing ... and i do think FOB will top GD
Register