What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 29th, 2006 at 04:19pm
insomniac<3333:
I think that AFI might.

I FUCKING LOVE YOU. Mmmkay?. Cool
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
June 29th, 2006 at 04:29pm
I don't think bands can follow another.

They just knock them over.
SpiderPig
Idiot
SpiderPig
June 29th, 2006 at 04:50pm
No bands can try and top other bands.
They may try but theyll always be compared to the other band and usually its a fact that people will like the past band compared to the new band and they may be slorted by saying "their just trying to be like green day"
All bands are different they may be similar but their traits how they perform everything about them is different at least a little bit.
But thats just my opinion
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 06:26pm
Viva La Stupid:
people say they started all this crap because AI was so poltical (i'm not sure how to put that intpo words but i do now what i want to say)

never fucking mind
With AI, the politics were purely in the liner notes.
And it's no big deal that they were in the 90's because bands like Sonic Youth have been together since 1981, only going through one member change (new drummer in '85) And THEY were able to follow up their 2004 album this year. and Kim Gordon is in her 50's!

Kim got pregnant in 1994 and they were still able to release Screaming Fields of Sonic Love, Washing Machine, and Made In The USA in 1995. Thurston also released his solo album that year. And they're conisidered one of the greatest, most influential/avant garde bands of all time and they don't sit around letting the "masterpiece" come to them in 4 years.

The longest break they've ever taken was 3 years to make an album, and during the process they released 5 singles.

It's bullshit when Green Day say they're "Taking their time" with their new album. It's bullshit because older, more risk-taking, more talented, and more pressured bands don't have the same need. So i don't want to hear about them taking their time and i don't want to hear about how political AI is.
gazorples
Addict
gazorples
June 29th, 2006 at 06:35pm
insomniac<3333:
I think that AFI might.

I think so too.

DECEMBERUNDERGROUND was number 1. It could be as big as
American Idiot.

..I would say the Red Hot Chili Pepper might proceed Green Day,but
they became popular before Green Day was. :]
MarieArt
Idiot
MarieArt

Blog
June 29th, 2006 at 06:40pm
hmm... I'm not sure..
AFI or My Chemical Romance possibly Neutral I dunno
whatwasithinking
Geek
whatwasithinking

Blog
June 29th, 2006 at 06:46pm
Green Day does not have a crown in my opinion.
DIRNTISGOD
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
DIRNTISGOD
June 29th, 2006 at 06:59pm
AutoPilot-SkyTower:
Green Day does not have a crown in my opinion.

how do they NOT have a crown!? They became the biggest fucking band in the world! I think THAT deserves a crown...

ok and to give my opinion on what band might proceed Green Day...Afi maybe but idk
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 07:19pm
Why A.F.I.? They're not even the same genre and A.F.I. have been around for a while isn't it kind of delayed. Also, They aren't the biggest band in the world, they haven't made new music in 2 years.
srs9098
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
srs9098
June 29th, 2006 at 07:24pm
emo beating green day emo beinga.f.i greenday cann beart them sevles if not defiantly a.f.i.
gazorples
Addict
gazorples
June 29th, 2006 at 07:26pm
Ugh, AFI is NOT emo.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 29th, 2006 at 07:32pm
there are a lot of bands now that are called punk but really arent.....that's kind of like Green Day....except most of them sucked from the beggining and Green Day was good for fifteen years
stable_souls
Jackass
stable_souls
June 29th, 2006 at 07:38pm
spill_no_sick:
there are a lot of bands now that are called punk but really arent.....that's kind of like Green Day....except most of them sucked from the beggining and Green Day was good for fifteen years
ha. That's a damn good point.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 08:05pm
[trouble,baby,trouble]:
Ugh, AFI is NOT emo.
Yeah, but they do suck now.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
June 29th, 2006 at 08:10pm
No band can proceed Green Day. Sorry.
Santa Billie
Santa Billie
June 29th, 2006 at 08:16pm
The world's a strange place...

Although music is become more and more a part of our culture, I doubt
a band like Green Day will come along in a very long time.

I say it's IMPOSSBILE to predict the next big band, I mean no one foresaw
the explosion of AMERICAN IDIOT!

And personally, I think it's stupid to think of a band follow in their footsteps...
Santa Billie
Santa Billie
June 29th, 2006 at 08:18pm
[trouble,baby,trouble]:
insomniac<3333:
I think that AFI might.

I think so too.

DECEMBERUNDERGROUND was number 1. It could be as big as
American Idiot.

..I would say the Red Hot Chili Pepper might proceed Green Day,but
they became popular before Green Day was. :]

That could very possibly be the dumbest thing I have ever read.
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 08:21pm
Santa Billie:
I doubt a band like Green Day will come along in a very long time.
That's a slightly stupid statement. There are thousands of bands like Green Day, they weren't original when they began and they're easily copied. BTW, our avatars sort of match Very Happy
Santa Billie
Santa Billie
June 29th, 2006 at 08:31pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
Santa Billie:
I doubt a band like Green Day will come along in a very long time.
That's a slightly stupid statement. There are thousands of bands like Green Day, they weren't original when they began and they're easily copied. BTW, our avatars sort of match Very Happy

You're right.

But that's not what I meant, perhaps I should've rephrased that.

It's very rare that a band has as much success as Green Day did with AI.

Which is obvious.

I don't really get why American Idiot do so well, but whatever it was that
triggered the explosion, it's bound not to happen again for a while.

And saying AFI is gonna follow in their footsteps is just...

Come on people.

Anyways, DONNIE DARKO!! Very Happy

I had that as my icon before haha!
BillieIsMyBabe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BillieIsMyBabe
June 29th, 2006 at 10:21pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva Darko:
Liks Of Deceit.:
Viva Darko:
i don't think GD are legends yet , yeah they may be remembered for AI but not 'in history' especially punk history. They will be remembered as the band that 'sold out' , they had good music and then they let the teen magazines take hold and turn them into 'hawt'-'punX stars'

Are you serious? You can't be serious. So you think Dookie still rates as an awesome record because how many teen mags had GD in their pages? In '94 people thought Green Day were 'hawt', just as much as today, but when we think of Dookie, we just think of an incredible record. A couple years from now, when the AI period is looked back on, no one is going to think about how Billie Joe was in Teen Beat, we're just going to remember how huge and sucessful the record was.

i don't think dookie is that great f a cd , atleast i don't think its as great as people portray it to be
and yes i am serious i think the 'sold out' thing will over ride the success of the cd
Dearest, you don't know about Dookie because you didnt listen to Green Day then, you were 2. Wink Pretty Much any band you talk to on the Warped Tour will say Green Day is the reason they want to play music. Alot of underground bands will say green Day made them want to form a band, not counting the ignorant ones who think being successful and having your music heard is shameful. Dookie brought a new kind of rock into the music industry, we wouldnt have any bands like that if we didn't have Green Day. Dookie was Huge and successful records, just like American Idiot, only more so. They won a Grammy for it, Rolling Stones Called them the Band of this generation and the next (looks like they were right there) and it went Diamond. Do you know how few records reach that mark?the Beatles, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, thats the League of bands dookie falls into. And how is it their fault teen magazine use them? They can;t do anything about it, so if idiotic people want to judge them for that, they can. It's out of Green Day's control.The Scene of rock and Roll would be very different without having an album like Dookie.

I totally agree. Green Day has had such an impact on bands of this century. Yes, I may have only been one years old when Dookie came out, but the moment I found out about Green Day, I bought over half of their albums. And just recently, I've been watching many shows that focus on Green Day, and then having other bands being interviewed, saying what they think and feel about Green Day. Pretty much, they've all said, "Well, when I was only a young teen, Dookie came out, and I just COULDN'T stop listening to it! It's so inspirational." And guess what, someone said that THIS year, in 2006. When the CD, Dookie, came out over ten years ago. If you don't agree with the fact that they have such an impact on the bands these days, such as: MCR (Gerard almost seems as if he has a CRUSH on Billie Joe!), Yellowcard, The Click Five, Fall Out Boy, and more (by the way, I saw them all on the same show on FUSE, saying what they thought of Green Day and Billie Joe, and they all said that them/he inspired them SOO much.) If you don't believe so, turn on FUSE if you have it, and that show could possibly been on, they keep showing re-runs of it. So there you go, and they still continue to be a success.
Register