What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
KATH!
Idiot
KATH!
June 12th, 2006 at 11:14pm
._. I never considered Green Day to have a crown.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
June 13th, 2006 at 12:09am
aaaaa.....
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
June 13th, 2006 at 02:50am
Cecilia:
It's kinda pointless to me..
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
There aren't 'best' bands.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"
It'd be just a point of view, not a general statement.

Exactly.
Whatsername409
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Whatsername409
June 13th, 2006 at 02:58am
I don't know, but I can't wait. I would be extreamly happy if I became as obsessed with a new band as I am with Green Day. Man, would that be awesome.
Batteries Not Included.
King For A Couple Of Days
Batteries Not Included.
June 13th, 2006 at 09:45am
LeggomyTreggo!:
OMG, that's even worse than over here. O__O

In choir, we had to write down the three greatest songs of all time in our opinion, and this preppy chick wrote down "Sugar, we're going down."

I schrieked once at Hot Topic cause I thought I was trying on a Green Day shirt, but it was actually FOB. XD;;

lmfao thats funny!!!
Wiglton Elleson
Jackass
Wiglton Elleson
June 13th, 2006 at 09:54am
I Want To Be Cassie.:
Cecilia:
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"

Exactly.

Then the question would be more like: What band do you personally think will be the next "big band"? or as big as Green Day...
JEW.
Geek
JEW.
June 13th, 2006 at 09:55am
Hitler Bad, Lik Good.:
Cecilia:

I second that Cool

i THIRD that.mwahha
but still
Green Day never had a crown, because not everybody in the world liked them.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
June 13th, 2006 at 09:58am
Wiglton Elleson:
I Want To Be Cassie.:
Cecilia:

Exactly.

Then the question would be more like: What band do you personally think will be the next "big band"? or as big as Green Day...

Put "big band" in place of "famous" Very Happy

Cecilia:
It also depends on what you mean with "more famous":
More money? More albums? More fans? More songs played on a radio? More concerts? etc..

Famous is also subjective..
I can talk about many bands who are famous, but you won't know them 'cause they aren't part of the bands you listen to, for example..
Batteries Not Included.
King For A Couple Of Days
Batteries Not Included.
June 13th, 2006 at 03:52pm
Cecilia:

completely agree. well said. Very Happy
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
June 14th, 2006 at 02:20am
I wouldn't like anyone to replace Green Day. Besides, I think it'll be a long time until someone comes along and have the same impact as Green Day. Personally, I think Green Day can go on to be as big as the Beatles at this rate, but that's me and my brain for ya!

Some magazine said that Fall Out Boy would be the next GD. nnnggeargh.
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
June 14th, 2006 at 07:23am
Magne:
Amanda:
Marilyn Manson, Again

Just wait biatch Hand

hasnt he retired?

anyway i think that it could possibly be M.S.I or even The Darkness

I'm sorry but.....

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY THE DARKNESS?!?!?!

The Darkness have had their "turn" in the spotlight, but they haven't been able to sustain the success of their first album, unlike Green Day who have been successful with every album they have put out.

There has been talk of this before, with bands such as blink-182 and Sum 41. However, it seems that no-one can take this so called "crown".

I, like many people before me in this thread, have never considered Green Day to have a "crown". As Cecilia has said, you can't say Green Day are the best.

However IF there is a successor, DEAR GOD it better not be Fall Out Boy, otherwise I might just have to kill myself.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
June 14th, 2006 at 07:43am
Stuart and the Avenue:
I'm sorry but.....

HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU SAY THE DARKNESS?!?!?!

The Darkness have had their "turn" in the spotlight, but they haven't been able to sustain the success of their first album, unlike Green Day who have been successful with every album they have put out.

Na-uh. The Darkness' second album was bigger than their first cd and got much more air-play. Wheras the only cd's that were huge for Green Day were Dookie and American Idiot, and Nimrod only becuase of just one song, Good Riddance.

Thanks.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 14th, 2006 at 08:00am
fall out boy , its already happening Very Happy
i loooooooooooooove both bands
personally i think GD got kinda annoying after a while, peolpe focused so much on AI it wasn't even funny , FOB are newer and maybe people will take a look at everything they've done

shit , that ain't gonna happen
everyone is like OMGZ DANCE DANCE
i'm like honorable mention they are like wtf

i hate it
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 14th, 2006 at 08:10am
i don't think GD are legends yet , yeah they may be remembered for AI but not 'in history' especially punk history. They will be remembered as the band that 'sold out' , they had good music and then they let the teen magazines take hold and turn them into 'hawt'-'punX stars'
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
June 14th, 2006 at 09:39am
Viva Darko:
i don't think GD are legends yet , yeah they may be remembered for AI but not 'in history' especially punk history. They will be remembered as the band that 'sold out' , they had good music and then they let the teen magazines take hold and turn them into 'hawt'-'punX stars'

Are you serious? You can't be serious. So you think Dookie still rates as an awesome record because how many teen mags had GD in their pages? In '94 people thought Green Day were 'hawt', just as much as today, but when we think of Dookie, we just think of an incredible record. A couple years from now, when the AI period is looked back on, no one is going to think about how Billie Joe was in Teen Beat, we're just going to remember how huge and sucessful the record was.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 14th, 2006 at 09:46am
Liks Of Deceit.:
Viva Darko:

Are you serious? You can't be serious. So you think Dookie still rates as an awesome record because how many teen mags had GD in their pages? In '94 people thought Green Day were 'hawt', just as much as today, but when we think of Dookie, we just think of an incredible record. A couple years from now, when the AI period is looked back on, no one is going to think about how Billie Joe was in Teen Beat, we're just going to remember how huge and sucessful the record was.

i don't think dookie is that great f a cd , atleast i don't think its as great as people portray it to be
and yes i am serious i think the 'sold out' thing will over ride the success of the cd
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 10:02am
Viva Darko:
Liks Of Deceit.:
Viva Darko:

i don't think dookie is that great f a cd , atleast i don't think its as great as people portray it to be
and yes i am serious i think the 'sold out' thing will over ride the success of the cd
Dearest, you don't know about Dookie because you didnt listen to Green Day then, you were 2. Wink Pretty Much any band you talk to on the Warped Tour will say Green Day is the reason they want to play music. Alot of underground bands will say green Day made them want to form a band, not counting the ignorant ones who think being successful and having your music heard is shameful. Dookie brought a new kind of rock into the music industry, we wouldnt have any bands like that if we didn't have Green Day. Dookie was Huge and successful records, just like American Idiot, only more so. They won a Grammy for it, Rolling Stones Called them the Band of this generation and the next (looks like they were right there) and it went Diamond. Do you know how few records reach that mark?the Beatles, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, thats the League of bands dookie falls into. And how is it their fault teen magazine use them? They can;t do anything about it, so if idiotic people want to judge them for that, they can. It's out of Green Day's control.The Scene of rock and Roll would be very different without having an album like Dookie.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 14th, 2006 at 10:06am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva Darko:
Liks Of Deceit.:
Viva Darko:

Dearest, you don't know about Dookie because you didnt listen to Green Day then, you were 2. Wink Pretty Much any band you talk to on the Warped Tour will say Green Day is the reason they want to play music. Alot of underground bands will say green Day made them want to form a band, not counting the ignorant ones who think being successful and having your music heard is shameful. Dookie brought a new kind of rock into the music industry, we wouldnt have any bands like that if we didn't have Green Day. Dookie was Huge and successful records, just like American Idiot, only more so. They won a Grammy for it, Rolling Stones Called them the Band of this generation and the next (looks like they were right there) and it went Diamond. Do you know how few records reach that mark?the Beatles, The Eagles, The Rolling Stones, thats the League of bands dookie falls into. And how is it their fault teen magazine use them? They can;t do anything about it, so if idiotic people want to judge them for that, they can. It's out of Green Day's control.The Scene of rock and Roll would be very different without having an album like Dookie.

i don't care
i have dookie and in my opinion i don't think its good
i can only bare to listen to about 4 songs
..::Punky-Fish::..
Geek
..::Punky-Fish::..
June 14th, 2006 at 10:35am
if i had 2 choose 1 it would be red hot chili's
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 10:36am
Viva Darko:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Viva Darko:
Liks Of Deceit.:
Viva Darko:

i don't care
i have dookie and in my opinion i don't think its good
i can only bare to listen to about 4 songs
How you feel about Dookie has nothing to do with it's monumental place in rock history Wink
back on topic now guys.
Register