What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 10:29pm
i didn't say dookie wasn't insparational to bands. i jsut said i didn't like it

and i do still believe that although dookie will be remebered , i think the fame because of AI (the over load of interviews/articles ect and the back lash) will over ride everthing and anything they will do
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 29th, 2006 at 10:30pm
ok and like i've said
alot of what people are posting is because of their opinions about the band(s). If you weren't obsessed with GD you would prob. be saying that a band would proceed them
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
June 29th, 2006 at 10:49pm
Jesus Christ Supermarket:
Viva La Stupid:
people say they started all this crap because AI was so poltical (i'm not sure how to put that intpo words but i do now what i want to say)

never fucking mind
With AI, the politics were purely in the liner notes.
And it's no big deal that they were in the 90's because bands like Sonic Youth have been together since 1981, only going through one member change (new drummer in '85) And THEY were able to follow up their 2004 album this year. and Kim Gordon is in her 50's!

Kim got pregnant in 1994 and they were still able to release Screaming Fields of Sonic Love, Washing Machine, and Made In The USA in 1995. Thurston also released his solo album that year. And they're conisidered one of the greatest, most influential/avant garde bands of all time and they don't sit around letting the "masterpiece" come to them in 4 years.

The longest break they've ever taken was 3 years to make an album, and during the process they released 5 singles.

It's bullshit when Green Day say they're "Taking their time" with their new album. It's bullshit because older, more risk-taking, more talented, and more pressured bands don't have the same need. So i don't want to hear about them taking their time and i don't want to hear about how political AI is.

Yeah? Well, not all bands are the same.

They can take their time if they want to. They aren't Sonic Youth. They're not superheros. Down
It's not about getting the album out as soon as possible. If they want to take their time and try to make something awesome then so be it.
They won't rush and end up putting out something shitty. Wouldn't you rather an awesome album? MHM.
Expressway To Yr Skull
King For A Couple Of Days
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 11:06pm
iamkiller:

They can take their time if they want to. They aren't Sonic Youth. They're not superheros. Down
It's not about getting the album out as soon as possible. If they want to take their time and try to make something awesome then so be it.
They won't rush and end up putting out something shitty. Wouldn't you rather an awesome album? MHM.
All i'm saying is that Sonic Youth are making better albums more efficiently. And Green Day have the audacity to talk shit about SY. It's hilarious, really.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
June 29th, 2006 at 11:30pm
iamkiller:

All i'm saying is that Sonic Youth are making better albums more efficiently. And Green Day have the audacity to talk shit about SY. It's hilarious, really.

So they don't like Sonic Youth.. I didn't really expect everyone to like other bands.

I just don't feel it's right to kick Green Day under the bus while you're aruging about them having a right to their own decision too. It's a little hypocritical.

You can go along and stand up for your bands, that's not the problem.
I just don't want this to become a debate between ignorant assholes, you know?

It's pretty much having the right to offend and to be offended.
wish_you_were_here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
wish_you_were_here
June 29th, 2006 at 11:37pm
iamkiller:

Rolling Eyes every band is different and remember they have a life behind their music ... so if they need time to make a great album...i'll wait ... coz i know it'll b awesome just like all the previous ones [even Shenanigans]
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 29th, 2006 at 11:39pm
They talk shit about them but also listen to them. THAT'S hipocrisy. On Egos & Icons they talk about how Sonic Youth are just snobs from Connecticutt and how they "put shit on a piece of wax and call it a record... EVERYTIME"
And then the same year on VH1's Greatest Artists of Hard Rock Mike is there talking about how he likes Sonic Youth.
Hey! Make up your mind!
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
June 29th, 2006 at 11:42pm
They talk shit about them but also listen to them. THAT'S hipocrisy. On Egos & Icons they talk about how Sonic Youth are just snobs from Connecticutt and how they "put shit on a piece of wax and call it a record... EVERYTIME"
And then the same year on VH1's Greatest Artists of Hard Rock Mike is there talking about how he likes Sonic Youth.
Hey! Make up your mind!

Well, Billie said that. And Mike said he liked them?
That's the difference.
wish_you_were_here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
wish_you_were_here
June 29th, 2006 at 11:43pm
"...ppl changes as well as minds..." lol
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 30th, 2006 at 12:05am
No band will be able to do what Green Day did. If Dookie didn't come out the rock music market would be so different. If Dookie didn't come out rock as we know today would be different. Dookie seperated music in the 90's from Nirvana's type of "grunge rock"
And so many bands around now wouldn't be around. No band will be able to go back into the past and change the music market as Green Day have done. They may change the music market of the future but not of the present.
xXx depressed_emo xXx
Geek
xXx depressed_emo xXx
June 30th, 2006 at 01:00am
even if some band did succeed green day, green day will still be memorable becuase of all the things theve done for the punk/rock genre
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 30th, 2006 at 06:55am
Anarchy in the U.K.:
No band will be able to do what Green Day did. If Dookie didn't come out the rock music market would be so different, better.
GD4ever
Jackass
GD4ever
June 30th, 2006 at 07:17am
Anarchy in the U.K.:
No band will be able to do what Green Day did. If Dookie didn't come out the rock music market would be so different, better.
Confused
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
June 30th, 2006 at 07:51am
GD4ever:
Anarchy in the U.K.:
Confused
Have you HEARD the bands they influeced?
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 30th, 2006 at 09:06am
Viva La Stupid:
ok and like i've said
alot of what people are posting is because of their opinions about the band(s). If you weren't obsessed with GD you would prob. be saying that a band would proceed them

Last time you started that, you end up saying "Nevermind" .. why do you repeat it now ?! Rolling Eyes
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 30th, 2006 at 09:07am
Anarchy in the U.K.:

She didn't say that Rolling Eyes .. and No.
abc25
abc25
June 30th, 2006 at 09:07am
i absoulteley HATE them but I do think Wolfmother
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
June 30th, 2006 at 10:15am
*gasp* never!
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
June 30th, 2006 at 10:16am
natsterz1984:
Which band do you think is most likely, (near impossible in my opinion) to take green day's crown??

it shall never happen- i'll make sure of it Cool
and if it HAS to be someone....it shall be me Laughing
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
June 30th, 2006 at 10:16am
Tessie Armstrong:
I saw this magazine that said, "the Next Green Day:Fall Out Boy" no. Fall Out Boy is not the next Green Day. Honestly I do not know

bullshit Cool
Register