What Band Would Be Most Likely To Proceed Green Day?

AuthorMessage
DaveyHavok666
Geek
DaveyHavok666
June 14th, 2006 at 10:53am
DUDE DOOKIE IS THE BEST!I LOVE ALL OF THEIR SONGS ON IN!
Addison Montgomery.
Falling In Love With The Board
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 10:59am
woo go Cecilia you kick ass
electric_is_lighting
Geek
electric_is_lighting
June 14th, 2006 at 11:01am
Yep Dookie!!!!!!
the resistance.
King For A Couple Of Days
the resistance.

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 11:02am
~Im The Minority~:
Cecilia:
It's kinda pointless to me..
Green Day never had crown. Each band is different. Even if the kind of music is the same between 2 bands, you can't compare them and say "this one is better!"
It's impossible. Green Day can be your favourite band but it doesn't mean they're the best.
There aren't 'best' bands.
You can like one better than another but you can't say "This band can take Green Day's crown"
It'd be just a point of view, not a general statement.

completely agree. well said. Very Happy

I agree Smile
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2006 at 11:04am
Hmm... I'm thinking no-one. Yep. No One. Green Day are just... too different. Some of (too many) bands nowadays rely far too much on places like MySpace and Pure Volume as a saviour and will make their dreams come true. I doubt if the likes of Fall Out Boy and Panic! will ever do the stuff Green Day's achieved. They've put out a total of 9(ish) studio based albums, two offical DVDs , dozens of unoffical DVDs and a few live albums.
They played at both Live 8 and Woodstock 2.
They've been on nearly every damn television programme and appeared at a lot of award shows. They opened up the undergorund punk community - regardless of whether they are 'punk' or not. I'm just saying. All sorts of bands ranging from Alkaline Trio and Incubus have a favourite Green Day song (incidentally mainly from the Kerplunk! album). They came back from the virtual void and brink of splitting up to produce an intelligent (depending how smart you are haha) album with catchy numbers. Even Lawerence Livermore said American Idiot was his favourite album even though it wasn't what they used to do and it wasn't on his label. Green Day have introduced a lot of kids to show what music can be like, just like they were when they were growing up. Sure, some will like metal as they grow older, some whatever but it's not the point. Ok, they can be a better band but what people think is better will differ so therefore you can't please everyone. I just think they should work on their lyrics and let Mike sing a LOT more cause he's got it.

Where was I? Oh yes... in conclusion, I just doubt highly if another band is going to 'fill' Green Day's shoes and I think Green Day's earned their place in history along with the likes of The Ramones and The Who.

*runs away for fear of quoteage*
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2006 at 09:00am
Heh FOB next Green Day? WTH. I mean Green Day were bigger with Dookie than FOB are now and that was their 1st 'big record' cd!!
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 24th, 2006 at 09:12am
Anarchy in the U.K.:
Heh FOB next Green Day? WTH. I mean Green Day were bigger with Dookie than FOB are now and that was their 1st 'big record' cd!!

but AI started this whole 'heart grenade on everything phase'
so dookie basicaly has nothing to do with it. FOB are actually huge right now , GD have pretty much left and FOB have taken there place

this doesn't mean the yare any better than GD thtas personal opinion

they are jsut getting more attention
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2006 at 09:14am
Viva La Stupid:
Anarchy in the U.K.:

so dookie basicaly has nothing to do with it. FOB are actually huge right now , GD have pretty much left and FOB have taken there place

True. But Green Day are huge all around the world. Barely anyone knows who FOB are in Australia
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 24th, 2006 at 09:33am
Anarchy in the U.K.:
Viva La Stupid:
Anarchy in the U.K.:

True. But Green Day are huge all around the world. Barely anyone knows who FOB are in Australia

thast because GD had a huge fan base then the whole AI craze started , FOB are gaining more fans as they get bigger
much like GD did
*sweetly sarcastic*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*sweetly sarcastic*
June 24th, 2006 at 02:12pm
I don't think it's possible. Green Day made rock history. They did the impossible. They came out with the most amazing album, made a few more incredible albums, and when you start to think that they're done, they come back wih AI.
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
June 24th, 2006 at 02:34pm
*sweetly sarcastic*:
I don't think it's possible. Green Day made rock history. They did the impossible. They came out with the most amazing album, made a few more incredible albums, and when you start to think that they're done, they come back wih AI.
I dunno. Only a couple of their albums were really smash hits, and some of them weren't that great, so it wouldn't be totally impossible for a new band to measure up. Even though there are hardly any new ideas for songs nowadays. Too many covers O_O
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 24th, 2006 at 08:30pm
MechanicalMan:
*sweetly sarcastic*:
I dunno. Only a couple of their albums were really smash hits, and some of them weren't that great, so it wouldn't be totally impossible for a new band to measure up. Even though there are hardly any new ideas for songs nowadays. Too many covers O_O

they aren't that great , other bands have done bigger and better things
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
June 25th, 2006 at 12:24am
I think that all the people who said that green day have to different a sound to have people 'proceed' after them. And i doubt that anyone could match their freakin awsome sound!
well.durr__hXc™
King For A Couple Of Days
well.durr__hXc™
June 25th, 2006 at 12:26am
Fall Out Boy.
Maybe My Chemical Romance...
not quite sure.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 25th, 2006 at 06:00am
Fall Out Boy MAY but the thing is: Fall Out Boy don't tour the whole freaking world. My friend said they refuse to tour Australia because "we have funny accents"(And they were serious too) but my dad said thats probably just a cover up to get out of touring here and there's no point because they won't get much money. I said thats bullshit they should just be a start up band like My Chemical Romance was for Green Day that got them more fans and that rock is about the performing and fans not the money. That is why I think (May not be true. It's just my opinion) Fall Out Boy will never be the next Green Day.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 25th, 2006 at 06:20am
Ugh .. Why are you all thinking about Fall Out Boy Rolling Eyes .. if you think about such shit, at least pick a good band ?! ..
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 25th, 2006 at 06:21am
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Ugh .. Why are you all thinking about Fall Out Boy Rolling Eyes .. if you think about such shit, at least pick a good band ?! ..

I didn't! Read my post above Wink
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 25th, 2006 at 06:26am
Anarchy in the U.K.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:

I did ..

Anarchy in the U.K.:
Fall Out Boy MAY

I know you said, 'no' after that .. but how can you even think of them ?!

And I wasn't talking at you at all Wink

The whole thing is stupid and pointless ..
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 25th, 2006 at 06:28am
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Anarchy in the U.K.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:

I did ..

Anarchy in the U.K.:
Fall Out Boy MAY

I know you said, 'no' after that .. but how can you even think of them ?!

And I wasn't talking at you at all Wink

The whole thing is stupid and pointless ..

Yeah I agree. Green Day is Green Day...Other bands are other bands. Like so many others before have said on this topic.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 25th, 2006 at 09:31am
i'm not seeing this topic as a band BEING the next GD, i think what hte original post means is fame wise, GD have left the spotlight (IMO) FOB will take that open spot , they are gaining new fan , have good music and are making lots of money

GD is GD (even though they are starting to sound like everyone else)
FOB is FOB

the bands will never be the same band , we (or atleast) I am not saying that FOB are gonna make a poltical album and bash bush , GD did that
Register