Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:31pm
There where alot of songs that were overlooked like
you lied. on the wagon........GREAT the ONE time that i need to mention more green day titles i FORGET! there is no justice in the human brain.
Clandi-Shan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Clandi-Shan

Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:33pm
I really love J.A.R and wish that it had been released somewhere other than Angus's soundtrack it would probably have been popular.(I saw the movie and it was the first Green Day song I heard before I even got into GD.)
Banach95
King For A Couple Of Days
Banach95

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:49pm
I am glad to see that "Last Ride In" is mentioned several times throughout this thread. It is my favorite song ever from Green Day.

Just something about it screams 50's Surfer movie Very Happy and reminds you how great of musicians Green Day really are. To make something that sounds nothing like anything else...
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 23rd, 2006 at 08:57pm
i agree that its good that they only release certain songs because even if they released the worst song on the cd, someone will buy it and realize how good the other stuff was! and then eventually buy the other green day cds and then make a gsb account and talk to other people about the better songs and how badly they are overlooked. Just like we are now. For example: Boulevard of Broken Dreams always sounded awesome to me but when i got AI i hardly even listen to that song anymore! But thats probably because it got overplayed. no offense to ppl who luv that song but im sick of it. But ur right about the song "She" becuz i never hear it on the radio so it obviously wasnt a big single like when i come around but maybe it was a little less overlooked when the put it on "international superhits" and JAR is one of my favorite songs and i never would have heard it if it wouldnt for international superhits!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 23rd, 2006 at 09:06pm
The radio stations around here suck. They play the same songs over and over and over. There are three stations that play Green Day. One plays: When I Come Around, Good Riddance, BOBD, WMUWSE, and Holiday. The other one plays BOBD, WMUWSE, Holiday, AI and Brain Stew. The last one plays all of those and once I heard Longview. Those are the only songs they play and I think it sucks! But if they played more then they would put too popular and then I would be mad!
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 24th, 2006 at 02:07pm
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
The radio stations around here suck. They play the same songs over and over and over. There are three stations that play Green Day. One plays: When I Come Around, Good Riddance, BOBD, WMUWSE, and Holiday. The other one plays BOBD, WMUWSE, Holiday, AI and Brain Stew. The last one plays all of those and once I heard Longview. Those are the only songs they play and I think it sucks! But if they played more then they would put too popular and then I would be mad!

at least they play some songs, our radio stations play nothing, I have never heard a green day song on radio
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 25th, 2006 at 12:14am
Well the radio around here plays the american idiot releases plus good riddance (time of your life) and when i come around. and thats it.
Santa Billie
Falling In Love With The Board
Santa Billie
July 25th, 2006 at 12:21am
Well techincally International Superhits and Shenanigans aren't albums,
so that would sort of explain why they get overlooked...
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 25th, 2006 at 12:28am
Santa Billie:

good point
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 25th, 2006 at 08:19am
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Santa Billie:

good point

Neither is BIAB really. Yet its still counted as one.

And according to Wikipedia, She was released as a single, there just wasnt a video for it
Nathalie.
Addict
Nathalie.
July 25th, 2006 at 10:09am
Bittersweet:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:

at least they play some songs, our radio stations play nothing, I have never heard a green day song on radio

Yeah, i never heard a Green Day song on the radio too...All the radio stations here just play crappy music...
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
July 25th, 2006 at 10:43am
i've only heard BOBD and Holiday ... thats it
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 25th, 2006 at 12:35pm
Viva La Stupid:
I've only heard American Idiot once on the radio. o__o
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 25th, 2006 at 01:10pm
ive only heard it once too even though american idiot DOES have a video its overlooked more than a lot of the songs that dont have a video really cuz neither did king for a day but everyone seems to know that song...its kid of hard to miss...haha. but still if kfad was so popular (and it was even on biab) how come it didnt have a video cuz i would love to see a king for a day video. it would be funny.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 25th, 2006 at 02:00pm
Nathalie.:
Bittersweet:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:

Yeah, i never heard a Green Day song on the radio too...All the radio stations here just play crappy music...

yeah,but I saw a radio playlist and theye were playing JOS,but I have never heard it
Melissa.
Jackass
Melissa.
July 25th, 2006 at 03:40pm
Cigarettes And Valentines:
Viva La Stupid:
I've only heard American Idiot once on the radio. o__o

Ya, the only Green Day songs my radio station plays are:
American Idiot
Holiday
Blvd. Of Broken Dreams
Wake Me Up When September Ends
and that's it...
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
July 25th, 2006 at 09:02pm
the radio guys in my town make it a ritual every day during luch sometime they play Minority..............
Green_Tre
Geek
Green_Tre
July 26th, 2006 at 03:28pm
the real whatsername:
the radio guys in my town make it a ritual every day during luch sometime they play Minority..............

Lucky duck Razz The radio where I live is so horrible it's just not worth listening to Sad Just a bunch of mainstream crap... not even a good rock station x(

Anway, I'm sort of happy that there are so many songs that nobody knows about. It makes sure they aren't ever overplayed, and they can seem more special to you if you seem to like that song more than anyone else you know.

...*cough*. If that made any sense xD;;

I barely ever listen to their big hit songs (other than the good ol' stuff, like Longview and WTP Wink)
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
July 26th, 2006 at 03:30pm
Am I the only person here who thinks that, mostly lyrically, that Hold On is one of their best songs?

No one EVER talks about it!
rotten4ever
Geek
rotten4ever
July 26th, 2006 at 03:44pm
Radio is sucking now. The three main radio stations in my town are 97BHT(97.1), and they play tons of rap and hip-hop, they also play Wake Me Up When September Ends to death and the overplayed Boulevard Of Broken Dreams. They play sucky pop bands like the Click Five, uh... Pussycat Dolls, shit like that. Then there's 98.5KRZ, they play a mix of rap and rock, sometimes they only play rap, they play a bit more rock then 97BHT, though. That station is bearable sometimes, but way to many commercials, they play Green Day's hits now. Then the best one out of all of them is 97.9X! That's a rock station. They play too much Metallica, though. And they play some older Green Day songs like Longview, Welcome To Paradise, When I Come Around, Basketcase, of couse Brain Stew, but just Brain Stew. And they play like American Idiot, Holiday, and very rarely Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Wake Me Up When September Ends. But in school during art we were able to listen to the radio and everytime Wake me Up When September Ends came on everyone would go "Ugh..." Rolling Eyes. They were all a bunch of mainstream-shit-lovers anyway. But yes, radio is going down the drain along with our country, the helpless USA... FIN
Register