Overlooked Green Day Songs And Albums

AuthorMessage
Ave Maria
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Ave Maria

Mibba Blog
July 26th, 2006 at 04:03pm
Surprisingly my radio stations don't really suck, they play really good Green Day songs. Like they play like GSB (the actually song), Brain Stew, Longview, I Want To Be On T.V., one time they even played Homecoming. It's 105.7 The Point, and they play all kinds of old music and new music. Because STL is just awesome like that. Wink
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 26th, 2006 at 05:59pm
they played "I wanna be on TV" and "Homecoming"? Dang, you do have a good station! Ours just overplays Good Riddance, WMUWSE, and Boulevard. And sometimes When I Come Around or Holiday but just on rare occasions now days. Ive never heard a shenanigans song on the radio! But maybe Homecomings the new idiot release that stations are gonna overplay for about a year like all the other ones. and ive only heard idiot once on the radio too!
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 27th, 2006 at 03:08pm
I was watching "The Vault" on T.V, which like plays old modern songs, and it said "Greenday" and called it "Time of your life". Stuff like that pisses me off.

Best Green Day songs are

Scattered
Castaway
Minority
American Idiot
Reject
Last Ride In
Church on Sunday
Basket Case.

Thus, the best Green Day songs are the ones that are never played Wink.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2006 at 05:12pm
Stuart and the Avenue:
I was watching "The Vault" on T.V, which like plays old modern songs, and it said "Greenday" and called it "Time of your life". Stuff like that pisses me off.

Best Green Day songs are

Scattered
Castaway
Minority
American Idiot
Reject
Last Ride In
Church on Sunday
Basket Case.

Thus, the best Green Day songs are the ones that are never played Wink.

yeah,that si true
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 27th, 2006 at 05:13pm
409 Coffeemaker:
Am I the only person here who thinks that, mostly lyrically, that Hold On is one of their best songs?

No one EVER talks about it!
OMGZ I LOVE THAT SONG.

Cool
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 27th, 2006 at 05:21pm
Cigarettes And Valentines:
409 Coffeemaker:
Am I the only person here who thinks that, mostly lyrically, that Hold On is one of their best songs?

No one EVER talks about it!
OMGZ I LOVE THAT SONG.

Cool

I agree
Stallion Duck
Jackass
Stallion Duck

Mibba
July 27th, 2006 at 05:28pm
what about Are We The Waiting?
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 27th, 2006 at 05:31pm
Tre_Cool's_Pet_Turtle:
what about Are We The Waiting?
That song reminds me of New York City.

Billie Joe wrote it when he was taking a walk on a misty night in New York City.

That may be why I feel that way. Cool
AdrizzleTheNinja[Echelon]
Geek
AdrizzleTheNinja[Echelon]
July 27th, 2006 at 09:04pm
+Maiku-San+:
Any album other then Dookie and AI.
Tell someone you like Green Day and they'll say "AI sucks" but then they'll say "but Dookie's good." Yeah, what about the 6 albums that came before and btween those 2 Confused apparently you can only judge a band based on thier recent album and bigest one.
yea people do that to me at school. i always say. "Too bad my favorite Albums are Nimrod and Warning." i mean all of Green Day's Albums have there fair share of great songs and its sad that so many of them got overlooked, but at least us fans get to hear them and know about them and how awesome they are. and like some of you have been saying maybe its a good thing that some songs and albums got overlooked, because then its like something that only the fans can know about, kinda like a secret stash of songs and albums, ya know?
k-contentbarrier-
Addict
k-contentbarrier-
July 27th, 2006 at 09:53pm
so true. Walking Contradiction was criminally underrated. It's the greatest green day song ever made, but people don't seem to care. Greatest song ever made...*plays on iPod*
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
July 28th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Mistress Kill ™:
+Maiku-San+:
Tell someone you like Green Day and they'll say "AI sucks" but then they'll say "but Dookie's good." Yeah, what about the 6 albums that came before and btween those 2 Confused apparently you can only judge a band based on thier recent album and bigest one.
yea people do that to me at school. i always say. "Too bad my favorite Albums are Nimrod and Warning." i mean all of Green Day's Albums have there fair share of great songs and its sad that so many of them got overlooked, but at least us fans get to hear them and know about them and how awesome they are. and like some of you have been saying maybe its a good thing that some songs and albums got overlooked, because then its like something that only the fans can know about, kinda like a secret stash of songs and albums, ya know?

I quite agree.
DAMONE_doll_parts
Geek
DAMONE_doll_parts
July 28th, 2006 at 12:23pm
B.O.B.D
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 29th, 2006 at 11:31pm
u think bobd is overlooked? its more like overplayed. but yeah it is a great song and they shouldnt have destroyed it by playing it 60 times a day on the radio.
Basket Case BJ
Geek
Basket Case BJ

Mibba
July 29th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Stuart and the Avenue:
Mistress Kill ™:
+Maiku-San+:
I LOVE Warning and Nimrod

I quite agree.
ren
Idiot
ren
July 30th, 2006 at 12:07am
Haushinka
the judges daughter
Church on Sunday
Fashion victim

(most songs off of 39/smooth and warning)
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
July 30th, 2006 at 12:07am
Argh I'm a Pirate:
so true. Walking Contradiction was criminally underrated. It's the greatest green day song ever made, but people don't seem to care. Greatest song ever made...*plays on iPod*

haha i dont think its THE BEST. but its way good. I agree, walking contradiction is extremely underrated.
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 30th, 2006 at 12:26am
I think J.A.R. is underrated.
Basket Case BJ
Geek
Basket Case BJ

Mibba
July 30th, 2006 at 12:30am
Broken Dream:
Argh I'm a Pirate:

haha i dont think its THE BEST. but its way good. I agree, walking contradiction is extremely underrated.
I so agree. . .I think Castaway's underrated
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
August 1st, 2006 at 11:12am
I think that Sassafras Roots is underrated. Does anyone else like that song? I also think that big hits like Waiting and Redundant are underrated even though theyre Green Day's bigger songs. I like em. They should be talked about more. It be a whole lot better to play them on the radio instead of American Idiot songs over and over
Forever
Addict
Forever
August 1st, 2006 at 11:15am
I think No One Knows is such a great song...

..yet so underrated. Neutral
Register