Rap Music

AuthorMessage
Skadansk
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Skadansk
January 30th, 2008 at 12:39pm
Old Skool rap is where its at.

Notorious B.I.G. wins hands down. Though he may have been HIGHLY sexist, he came up with some clever lyrics and the beats and melodies contained within his tunes were the shit.

His flow was quite relaxed for the majority of the time, without sounding incredibly boring and rife with lethargy like your snoop doggs and your 50 cents.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
January 31st, 2008 at 09:22pm
Skadansk:

Notorious B.I.G. wins hands down. Though he may have been HIGHLY sexist, he came up with some clever lyrics and the beats and melodies contained within his tunes were the shit.

His flow was quite relaxed for the majority of the time, without sounding incredibly boring and rife with lethargy like your snoop doggs and your 50 cents.

Snoop dogg is old school rap. Now he isnt as good but back in the day he was awsome.
Skadansk
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Skadansk
January 31st, 2008 at 10:02pm
I like a couple of his tracks I guess, but for me he was just lifeless.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
February 2nd, 2008 at 05:30am
i like some rappers and some specific hip hop artists, and i like the sound and the beat. And Eminem is a personal favourite. And it all really depends on whether the said musician is only out there to make money, or are they making money cause people connect with what they're saying. Right now its seems, its popular for just about anyone to put on a football/basketball/whatever-ball shirt that's 10 numbers too large, and jeans that are twice their own size, and then think that just cause they look like the stereotypical rapper, they can pull it off. Its not that easy, and that goes for all musical genres. You cant just say "boom, i'm punk" either, because it should be who you are AT HEART, and then live it out. People have the tendency to copy everything that is slightly popular at one moment, and then move on once it isn't.

My mom once said that people who like or are able to stand a wide variety of music are stronger and less prone to ignorance. Do you think she's right?
superfan
Geek
superfan
March 11th, 2008 at 06:09am
That song by Eminem about his wife is sick...

As far as my knowledge goes, that is all that offends me, yeah?
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 09:25pm
superfan:

It was a way to get his anger out I guess. It offends some people, but to me it's nothing but his feelings honestly. But he isnt the only one making songs about that shit. I know there are deathmetal bands out there that make shit alot worse.
JOOLS
Addict
JOOLS

Mibba Blog
March 24th, 2008 at 08:48pm
superfan:

Well... we think it's sick because he's talking about something he could do. But, the fact is, that he didn't, which is really intelligent on his part. I mean, wouldn't you rather there were more horrible sadistic songs instead of the real deal?
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
March 25th, 2008 at 02:36pm
I adore rap from a distance.

I love the fact that it is feared by most people and banned from most households. Dangerous music is a beautiful thing. And so is poetry. That's why they go so well together.

What I can't stand about mainstream rap [hence the word mainstream]is that it only talks about a few things. Hoes, drugs, and violence. If you branch off into underground rap, it's not all about the usual things you hear Lil' Boosy and all these other mainstream rappers sing about.
It's more poetically written. Or it seems like that to me.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 25th, 2008 at 09:28pm
syco:
superfan:

It was a way to get his anger out I guess. It offends some people, but to me it's nothing but his feelings honestly. But he isnt the only one making songs about that shit. I know there are deathmetal bands out there that make shit alot worse.
I've heard some death metal songs that are truly twisted, where the singers are talking about stuff straight out of nightmares. I think that those songs are just as bad, if not worse, than certain rap songs.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
March 25th, 2008 at 09:57pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
syco:
superfan:

I've heard some death metal songs that are truly twisted, where the singers are talking about stuff straight out of nightmares. I think that those songs are just as bad, if not worse, than certain rap songs.

exactly my point..and some arent even out of dreams that ive heard..some are about murders and shit that occured, and they just write a song like they were the murder. My uncles band wrote a song about a murder that occured in IL when i was five and living there. murder this girl was raped, killed, then her body was chopped up. they stuck arms in gas pumps and everything. so the singer made a song. truely fucking sick.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 27th, 2008 at 01:16pm
I was talking to this ninth grader on the bus today. According to him, the music I listen to is weird because it isn't popular/few people listen to it. I know that ain't true cuz I listen to mainstream bands (I ARE TRENDEE!). He made me listen to a couple of songs on his iPod, some of which I absolutely could not stand and I swear one of them was about date rape. I told him that I don't like inane songs with yesterday's trash pretending to be lyrics and nothing remotely musical except a repetitive and uninteresting beat. He said that no one listens for lyrics or anything. He also said I was "Weird" because my opinion is not the majority's.

I don't know which majority he was referring to.

And when he was making me listen to the songs, I kind of skipped through some because the intro annoyed me. I was wondering if I was being close minded. He said some very close minded things about people who like rock music and rock music in general.

But you know what? I think rock fans can be even more close minded towards rap. Not that I'm completely against it. I love Eminem. And Missy Elliot. And Ludacris.
Kron
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kron
January 1st, 2009 at 07:27am
Skadansk:

How Notorious rise to sucess and fame,you will know after the movie relasing soon.To dishonour others is easy but respect them is a hard thing.The Movie is about the life of NOTORIOUS.You can get some stuff at previewtrafficads.com/BIG.htm also.So you decide
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 5th, 2009 at 03:36am
Some rap can be nice but alot of it is really racist and sexist which is the reason I dont like it
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
January 5th, 2009 at 03:41am
I am in love with rap File Always have , always will. It's awesome.

Snoop Dogg isn't what he used to be though.

I don't get offended by the lyrics, because let's face it, there not aimed at me. There the honest feelings of musicians. Not a lot of people would complain about them if a rock band started stringing profanity around the place.
Irwin Sparkes
Idiot
Irwin Sparkes
January 5th, 2009 at 05:10am
i don't like rap

i don't know why it just annoys me
Irwin Sparkes
Idiot
Irwin Sparkes
January 5th, 2009 at 05:12am
i don't like rap

i don't know why it just annoys me

damn why has my post came up twice??
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
January 5th, 2009 at 05:40am
Errrm I loathe 'rap' Coolio Though, I was a quite obsessed Eminem fan right before American Idiot came out, thank green day for that :O
Effy
Addict
Effy
January 5th, 2009 at 11:07am
I like rap, not all of it though, pretty much every rap song that comes out these days sucks in my opinion. I do like Tupac, Biggie, Snoop Dogg and more like that. And we have one dutch rap-ish group in Holland, called 'De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig' (the youth of nowadays), that I absolutely love, they make the craziest music.

Snoop likes them too tehe

I really hate all that: 'look at my money and jewelery, hey a naked slut just came running by! you know how I roll! thats my style! jealous? sure you are!'
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 5th, 2009 at 02:29pm
I recently had an entire week in school dedicated to Hip Hop
We kicked the week off with watching the film, Wild Style tehe
Like, breakdance, and in visual arts, we made ~tags and some graffiti and saw some stuff by Banksy and other graffiti artists, we analysed texts in English, and the music in Music and we got to make an actual rap to perform along to a beat, basically, it was amazing.

I also discovered that I loove old school hip hop Roxanne

My class keep singing along to Grandmaster Flash's The Message tehe
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
January 8th, 2009 at 04:30am
Everyone was into rap in my year last year - i was in year 11 and i knwo this cos they had to do a reading log which included some song lyrics to responded to
alot chose rap but i chose to do green day
Register