This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
November 30th, 2007 at 06:45pm
Kaede:
NiMrOd 1995:
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Personally, I think underground rappers are a thousand times more talented than the mainstream artists, with exceptions, of course. Mainstream rappers are the reason rap as a genre has such a bad reputation.

I think so too.
It's a pity underground rappers don't get a chance to show their skills to the world.

agreed.
the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is eminem....i just prefer his style :/
although i like a few other artists but im not really big on rap.

I agree. I personally am not into rap very much, but I know there are good rap artists out there that have good lyrics in their songs that are meaningful like Scribe.
That reminds me of an underground rap group called Bashy.
They've got a song out called Black Boys.It'a bout how they were bullied for being 'different' and black.But they want their kids to greow up and be strong black men.
There's no mention of drugs, hoes, flash cars or money in it and i love it tbh Con
Lint
Geek
Lint
December 2nd, 2007 at 03:32am
Rap isn't bad. The Beastie Boys, for example, are amazing. But the "bling, bling, bitches and hoes" shit with a redundant 'beat' throughout is awful. Not music.
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
December 2nd, 2007 at 09:05am
yellowstickerface:
I love rap to be honest.
But i HATE rappes who talk about HOES, BITCHES, CARS and DRUGS.
That really shits me up the wall.
I prefer stuff like MC Lars.
He's white an he's an awesome rapper.

Post-Punk Laptop Rap FTW.
Agreed; rap can be quite good, provided it doesn't fall into the stereotyped hoes-bitches-cars-drugs-superman-dat-ho-YOUUUUUU category. lmfao
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
December 2nd, 2007 at 02:22pm
Matt Bellamy:
yellowstickerface:
I love rap to be honest.
But i HATE rappes who talk about HOES, BITCHES, CARS and DRUGS.
That really shits me up the wall.
I prefer stuff like MC Lars.
He's white an he's an awesome rapper.

Post-Punk Laptop Rap FTW.
Agreed; rap can be quite good, provided it doesn't fall into the stereotyped hoes-bitches-cars-drugs-superman-dat-ho-YOUUUUUU category. lmfao
Don't bring Soulja Boy into it plz Smile

I'm not that keen on MC Lars but he's an alright rapper Con
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 3rd, 2007 at 02:09am
I'm really into a spoken word poet named Talaam Acey. He's amazing, really into respecting black women and equal rights etc. I consider rap just a form of spoken word poetry, tbh. Faith
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 01:20am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
I'm really into a spoken word poet named Talaam Acey. He's amazing, really into respecting black women and equal rights etc. I consider rap just a form of spoken word poetry, tbh. Faith

really that is all it is.
MikesCoffeeCup
Geek
MikesCoffeeCup

Mibba
December 18th, 2007 at 09:18pm
Kaede:
NiMrOd 1995:
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Personally, I think underground rappers are a thousand times more talented than the mainstream artists, with exceptions, of course. Mainstream rappers are the reason rap as a genre has such a bad reputation.

I think so too.
It's a pity underground rappers don't get a chance to show their skills to the world.

agreed.
the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is eminem....i just prefer his style :/

I agree. I personally am not into rap very much, but I know there are good rap artists out there that have good lyrics in their songs that are meaningful like Scribe.

the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is Jay-Z because hes old school and dosent talk about bitches and hoes. new school rap is crap. take 50 cent for example or even lil wayne. all they care about is money and bitches and hoes.
holden caulfield.
Idiot
holden caulfield.
December 18th, 2007 at 11:46pm
Rap can be okay. When the rappers start saying about bitches, hoes, money, cars and 'bling bling', is when I get sick of it. I also don't like rap music videos. They all seem the same to me. Not to over generalize, but they do.

If they have a real purpose with the music, it's okay. I'm just not a big rap/r&b fan.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 19th, 2007 at 12:10am
Mikes Coffee Cup:
Kaede:
NiMrOd 1995:
Cobra:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

I think so too.

agreed.

the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is Jay-Z because hes old school and dosent talk about bitches and hoes. new school rap is crap. take 50 cent for example or even lil wayne. all they care about is money and bitches and hoes.

Jya-z does talk about bitches n hoes on occasions. and jay-z isnt that old to be honest. but he is more respectable then 99% of them out there. and is older than most. but the thing is that ive been working with alot of like..real real...undergroud rappers..who're just starting to get a fan base. altho mainstream is shot, alot of us and other more established underground keeping it decent, and we're starting to develope a sub-genre it seems....ive noticed alot of rappers i know have..emo-ish style to them. myself being on. on certain tracks. but really what im trying to say, is for rap music to be okay again its gotta go like it is now, that's whatll kill it, then the newer subgenre's n undergorund can come back into play and sorta..clense the whole thing.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 22nd, 2007 at 03:16pm
I understand why people hate rap that talks about ~hoes~ because it's disrespectful to women but what's wrong with rapping about cars, if the rapper is passionate about them lmfao
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
December 22nd, 2007 at 03:17pm
Mikes Coffee Cup:
the only rapper i really enjoy listening to is Jay-Z because hes old school and dosent talk about bitches and hoes.
I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

lolololol.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2007 at 06:14pm
Why is everyone acting as if rap is the only genre of music that can be sexist? Cheese Have you watched some rock music videos. More so than most rap videos you see women displayed as sexual objects. Groupies and nothing more. If we're going to pick on music, lets not ride of rap as the only genre with sexist deragatory songs, I gurantee you rock as just as many if not more.

And what is up with this ~rap songs have no meaning~ arguement? Last time I checked it wasn't illegal to write a song just for the hell of it lmfao
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 22nd, 2007 at 07:11pm
I usually knock rap but I do have to say this:

I like some rap but I, and I stress, like VERY LITTLE of it. Most of it is disgusting and degrading but there are some songs that actually have some tangibility to them. I've heard some of Tupac songs that I like, and alot of Eminem songs too. I think my favorite song from that genre is the "Stan" song by Eminem. But then again, they don't always have to be serious to be good either, there are some comical ones that pretty good too. Old school stuff is better in my opinion than the stuff thats on the radio right now...Run DMC and stuff like that. And I don't know if the Beastie Boys fit in this categorey, since they are kind of a genre all on their own...but i really like them too. (They are one of my favorite bandsMr. Green) Thats really the extent of it for me...I'd rather listen to rock but some of the stuff from that genre is ok too...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 12:21am
TragicCaseofMyReality:

I like some rap but I, and I stress, like VERY LITTLE of it. Most of it is disgusting and degrading but there are some songs that actually have some tangibility to them.

Well, seeing as how there are millions and millions of rap artists, chances are you haven't heard the majority of it so you probably havent heard "most rap" to make such a rash generalization and call "most" of it disgusting.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 23rd, 2007 at 12:28am
Kurtni:
TragicCaseofMyReality:

I like some rap but I, and I stress, like VERY LITTLE of it. Most of it is disgusting and degrading but there are some songs that actually have some tangibility to them.

Well, seeing as how there are millions and millions of rap artists, chances are you haven't heard the majority of it so you probably havent heard "most rap" to make such a rash generalization and call "most" of it disgusting.

Fine, most of the rap artists that I've heard have disgusting and degrading lyrics.
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 03:56am
TragicCaseofMyReality:
Kurtni:
TragicCaseofMyReality:

Fine, most of the rap artists that I've heard have disgusting and degrading lyrics.

ive heard just as sick and degrading lyrics in rock, metal songs as rap. and metal/rocks been around longer than rap has. and its had sex, drugs and girls in its lyrics as well as videos also. 1 genre beign singled out is stupid.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 23rd, 2007 at 06:18am
syco:
TragicCaseofMyReality:
Kurtni:
TragicCaseofMyReality:

ive heard just as sick and degrading lyrics in rock, metal songs as rap. and metal/rocks been around longer than rap has. and its had sex, drugs and girls in its lyrics as well as videos also. 1 genre beign singled out is stupid.

God, will you people just leave me alone! I was trying to talk about what I DID like about the genre why do you have to focus on the only negative thing I said??
And I know that there are songs like that in rock and in other genres but I really don't see it happen as often as in rap and I don't generally like listening to those songs either.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 10:09am
Kurtni:
Why is everyone acting as if rap is the only genre of music that can be sexist? Cheese Have you watched some rock music videos. More so than most rap videos you see women displayed as sexual objects. Groupies and nothing more. If we're going to pick on music, lets not ride of rap as the only genre with sexist deragatory songs, I gurantee you rock as just as many if not more.
Rap music tends to get much more coverage than rock. And seeing as this website is a fansite for a rock group, more people are going to be leaning towards the rock side of the musical arguement spectrum. Veira
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2007 at 09:13pm
TragicCaseofMyReality:
God, will you people just leave me alone!

No. This is a debate forum. The purpose of this forum is for people to reply to each other.
TragicCaseofMyReality:
I was trying to talk about what I DID like about the genre why do you have to focus on the only negative thing I said??
And I know that there are songs like that in rock and in other genres but I really don't see it happen as often as in rap and I don't generally like listening to those songs either.

Because the negative thing you said, that I replied to, didn't make any sense. "Most rap" and "Most rap I've heard imply two very different things.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 23rd, 2007 at 09:22pm
Kurtni:
TragicCaseofMyReality:
God, will you people just leave me alone!

No. This is a debate forum. The purpose of this forum is for people to reply to each other.
TragicCaseofMyReality:
I was trying to talk about what I DID like about the genre why do you have to focus on the only negative thing I said??

Because the negative thing you said, that I replied to, didn't make any sense. "Most rap" and "Most rap I've heard imply two very different things.

Ok, i give up...lmao...I was tired yesterday-sue me. Wall
Register