Death penalty

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 01:06pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
I'm for the death penalty. No one has the right to take anyone's life, I don't care why they think they do. Nobody deserves to be dead before they have to because of some psycho. I think if you take someone's life, you deserve the same in return. A lot of people say they're against it, but if someone killed one of my family or friends, I'd want them dead. It would be an okay thing to let the family of the victim decide the murderer's fate.

what about the people who are sentenced wrongly? and they are then killed by the law and are later found innocent?
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
August 6th, 2006 at 05:49pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
I'm for the death penalty. No one has the right to take anyone's life, I don't care why they think they do. Nobody deserves to be dead before they have to because of some psycho. I think if you take someone's life, you deserve the same in return. A lot of people say they're against it, but if someone killed one of my family or friends, I'd want them dead. It would be an okay thing to let the family of the victim decide the murderer's fate.

You just condradicted yourself there.
love.
love.
August 6th, 2006 at 08:31pm
it depends on what the person has done, really. i mean if they have killed like 7 or more ppl...then i agree with it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2006 at 08:50pm
dance to this beatxx:
it depends on what the person has done, really. i mean if they have killed like 7 or more ppl...then i agree with it.

What if after they are put to death, they were found innocent?
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
August 9th, 2006 at 06:45pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dance to this beatxx:

OR what if they had a mental disorder and no recollection of the crimes they commited like schizophrenia & multiple personality disorder...
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
August 9th, 2006 at 07:17pm
I'm not sure if I've already posted in here, but here goes anyways.
I'm agaisnt the death penalty, what if the person up for execution wasn't guilty? What if mistakes had been made? It could happen.
It makes us just as bad as a murderer if we kill somebody, even if they did murder somebody they should still have the right to live. It would be more of a punishment to put them in prison because then they would face the rest of their life behind bars without freedom whereas if you kill them thats the end of it for them. If you keep them in prison then they have to live with the guilt of the crime they commited and without freedom.
Suicidal Penguin
Jackass
Suicidal Penguin
August 10th, 2006 at 12:59am
I am against the death penalty.
I don't think someone in a higher power has the right to choose if someone else lives or dies.
But that's just me.
Her_Infernal_Majesty
Her_Infernal_Majesty
August 10th, 2006 at 02:33pm
I disagree with the death penalty. It's not right that a person can sentence someone to death, don't do the same thing...two wrongs don't make a right. People were brought into this world to live...not to die. I agree that killling someone is inexcusable but do people really have the authority to sentence someone to death? I don't think so...no man has that right. That's what I believe
Love
Love

Mibba Blog
August 12th, 2006 at 07:12am
I am against death penalty.
Justice isn't done with murder
if you kill them, you're getting just as low as them.
they should have to pay (not in a money-way) for what they did. work for the society, pay their debt.
Bloodstained Hurricane
Idiot
Bloodstained Hurricane
August 13th, 2006 at 08:46am
I'm against it, so many innocent lifes has gon down the drain that way.
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 20th, 2006 at 11:20pm
You can't fight murder with murder.

I think that killing a person found guilty of any crime is really a easy way out. that person should have to live with what they did every single day. even though you might not think they are not worthy of another day of earth, i know if someone close to me was killed by someone i would want to know that person is suffering for what they did.

Secondly i understand that it is us that pays for them to stay in the jails, and i don't think that is fair. what i also think is unfair is that some prisons treat the criminals being housed there are treated like they are in a motel. They get good accommodation, pay tv, etc. they dont deserve this. they should be given some nice metal bars, a nice cold concrete floor and basic food and water three times a day. enough for them to live on and no extras. and definantely no getting out early for good behaviour.

The law shold be changed so once you commit a crime such as kill someone you stay in prison for ever, you burgle five houses you stay in prison forever. if you commit a crime you don't deserve to be living like the good innocent people in the society. if this was to happen it would also deter a lot of people from commiting the crimes to begin with so we would be living in a better society.

secondly why not make some good use of these criminals, get them to do the jobs in society which no one else will do or why not have them in list in the military or something like that for those who are a bit more reformed and posing such a threat to the public.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 21st, 2006 at 05:27pm
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
dance to this beatxx:

OR what if they had a mental disorder and no recollection of the crimes they commited like schizophrenia & multiple personality disorder...
that's why it takes them like thirty years to convict some one for the death penalty

I'm all for the death penalty because...well, it does take a lot to convict some one for it (except in Texas where you just need three eye witnesses and transcript showing that you're 100% sane
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 6th, 2006 at 08:00pm
im against the death penalty...
i mean, think about the persons family, they shouldn't have to suffer as well.
i dunno... i mean, why take more lives, its not gonna solve anything
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 03:37pm
The goverment preach about how wrong it is to kill, yet they do the exact same thing making them no better themselves.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
March 15th, 2008 at 07:16pm
I don't like the thought of anyone playing God, including the Government. Who has the right to decide who lives and who dies?
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2008 at 08:58am
I believe that you should get what you deserve, therefore if you kill, you should be killed.
However if someone killed someone, then they should be made to face the family and friends of the person who has died and then be made to live with themselves after that.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 17th, 2008 at 02:23pm
j'adore.:
I believe that you should get what you deserve, therefore if you kill, you should be killed.
However if someone killed someone, then they should be made to face the family and friends of the person who has died and then be made to live with themselves after that.

So by that logic, if you rape someone, then your punishment should be to get raped yourself? Because that seems sadistic, to me.
Besides, your argument doesn't really take into account any mitigating circumstances. Like manslaughter. So if you kill someone by accident, you should be killed...by accident?

In fact, I don't really comprehend what you're saying, because you first said "you should be killed," and then said "you should be made to live with yourself." One seems to directly contradict the other, so which one do you really believe?
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2008 at 05:08pm
Well, I look at this topic in a few ways....

A): Well, depends on the crime, if you're a murderer and don't have a criminal record until you are convicted of murder, I think there should be the usual 25 to life sentence. But, if you have a criminal record, for something big, like, let's say, assualt and battery with a dangerous weapon, then you should get more than the 25 to life, even death. And if you're a mass murderer, guess what, death is the best choice for you as you've killed more than one person and it isn't tolerated.

B): Toleration: I don't tolerate death by murder, no one i know does. When you take an innocent life, it's inhumane and immoral. It's just flat out wrong. No matter what you're victim did to piss you off to the point where you'd kill them. I don't care if it was money, hatred, sex, drugs, girl/guy. MURDER IS MURDER!!! It's final, there's no going back.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 20th, 2008 at 10:15pm
I support the death penalty in cases like serial killers, serial rapists, serial pedophiles, where they're just wired to kill and there's no rehabilitating them. Why should we waste taxpayers' money locking up these people, when they've commited heinous crimes, and really do deserve death, and there's no way that they could change their ways?
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
March 20th, 2008 at 11:55pm
I'm all for it. Sometimes I wonder if having the guy sitting in jail for the rest of this life is better, but I sometimes the guy isn't sorry for what he did anyway. I don't know how nice the jails are, but will the gangs and stuff, it would be scary.

Here's what Ron White the comedy has to say about it. I think it's pretty funny.

"I'm chastised in the media for my position on the death penalty. And the media doesn't know the half of it. Like in the Mussawi case, if I were to set the execution date, I would set it for 1 a.m. on the day we set clocks forward. Just so I could walk in there and go, 'Well, looks like you got about another hour, Mussawi. Nope. Spring forward, asshole!'"
Mesic

But if you're accuse for a crime you didn't do, then I don't know what to say. But look at the bright side, atleast God knows you're innocent and you'll go to heaven. Faith
Register