Are girls growing up too fast?

AuthorMessage
*Victim Of Authority*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Victim Of Authority*
July 20th, 2005 at 01:45pm
Im not slutty. But im not even allowed to have a boyfriend til im in grade 9, witch im going into grade 8. Becuase like girls are growing up to fast and shit, but like my parents trust me. But its just for safety. And I understand. Like. Im not a slut... Im like a punk... I dont even have a phone... But I think I might get one from my parents for my grade 8 Graduation. Its not Like I'll ever use it though. Theres not really a point, Unless its an emergency.
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 02:39pm
Is eighth grade when you are 13-14, like yesr nine?
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 02:59pm
wish i were canadian...i know several...but yeah, Grade Eight is the same as eigth grade in the states...but anyway...imma be a sophmore in highschool this year and i still dont have a phone...and i dont date...and i dress in such a way that indicates that a have some degree of self-respect...and i see girls doing stupid things all around me, and i think "wow...i feel normal...and in comparison to all these people trying to dress/act older, i am more mature, arent i?" sad...so i say...instead of ppl trying to act or look older and more mature, we should all act our age and then we wouldnt look like idiots or sluts... SELF-RESPECT, yeah!
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 03:18pm
Woot self respect!
I wear clothes that actually cover me up. I think most of the girls I see have motos along the line of 'the less clothes you wear the better'
But what's the point in buying something that doesn't cover up anything?
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 03:29pm
absolutely...waste of money...a couple friends of mine were shopping one day (well, a friend and one of her male friends whom i have never met...) and they went into one of the stores in the mall...they were looking at shirts, and my friend holds one up to the sales person, and says "can you see through this?" sales guy says "yes, but you can wear one of these cute camisoles underneath..." and the guy she was there with looks at the sales guy, "if you can see through it, why is it $40?" classic moment...i love my friends...!
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 03:31pm
wow, that would be so funny.
I'm going to say something like that next time i'm in a situation like that with my friends.
They'll be so embarassed lol.
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 03:40pm
my friend regina, the one who said that, she's my hero...i wish that everyone could have a friend like her because she has so much respect for herself and everyone else...i think that the world would be a better place with more people like her.
xXxBlushxXx
Jackass
xXxBlushxXx
July 20th, 2005 at 03:41pm
Most of the girls in my year seem to need to dress like sluts. They were make up about 3 inches thick, skirts which you can't really class as clothes etc etc etc

Personally I dont feel the need to dress 'sexy'. I rather be loved for who I am not what I look like. I get the piss taken out of me for this. Most of the girls think Im a lesbian for not dressing like them. And of course the loser word is a common word to describe me if your a slut.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 03:44pm
Yeh. If you're not a slut/complete bitch you're a freak. it's like wtf?!?
I have a friend who, when you're talkin about someone (in a gd way) she'll go 'o i hate her'.
Actualy, she says o i 'ate her. lol.
I just think it's a good example of how bitchy girls feel the need to be lately. She says about almost everyone./
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
July 20th, 2005 at 03:51pm
Although I'm like, a feminist, or well...yeah umm...anyway...I think it's kinda harsh not letting your kids date until their like 15 or whatever...when your sexualty is developing you need a chance to experiment and experience. I don't mean dressing like a slut or sleeping with guys, I just mean having a chance to experience all aspects of adult life, not just what your parents consider appropriate.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 03:53pm
I agree with that. I think that you should be able to define when you're ready to date. I think that you shouldn't sleep with a guy or anything at under 15, but just dating is kinda like an aspect of growing up.
xXxBlushxXx
Jackass
xXxBlushxXx
July 20th, 2005 at 03:58pm
Whenever I go out I always go slut-spotting and always always find over 5. Even just walking to rent a DVD its ridiculous
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 04:01pm
yep...i personally dont date by choice...ppl think im weird or say im a lesbian (okay, coming from a guy, this is actually wishful thinking...no offense taken there...) but i really have more important things to do...since id LIKE to go to Cambridge...and protesting my school's new scheduling because im losing all my electives...and i like to hang out with my friends and have that freedom to do whatever i feel like...dating is an aspect of gorwing up, but im not gonna put the rest of the stuff i wanna do on the back burner for some guy...no offense to anyone...
xXxBlushxXx
Jackass
xXxBlushxXx
July 20th, 2005 at 04:15pm
Agrees with paradoxical
There are more important things in life than dating.
Im not saying its bad though
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 04:26pm
nor am i...im just stating that i have better things to do now and ill get around to dating later. we seem to forget that were young and we have time...a lot of time. a friend of mine, sorta a coworker i guess...we call him frenchy, but hes...18 and he told us to do what we want to do and enjoy highschool, but work hard because after we graduate, its gonna be a lot of work, so be kids while we can...
i think hes right.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 04:36pm
Me to. I think that if you have the time to date then do it, but only if you want to, not to please some guy. But people shouldn't go out to the extent of drinking out til midnight everyday, because that's going to put their school work in jeopardy and that's pretty important too.
Happy median, that's what I say.
xXxBlushxXx
Jackass
xXxBlushxXx
July 20th, 2005 at 04:41pm
I think we share alot of opionions
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 04:44pm
It's coz we're smart Very Happy
And great minds think alike, and all that
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 04:47pm
absolutely. we forget, because we live in a media obsessed, grow up fast or youll miss something, unreachable standard-supporting society. so many adults say that they wish they were still young and stuff, and i hate to say it, but theyre right. its good to be young. that doesnt mean that teenagers should be acting like four year olds, but we need to enjoy our youth. that doesnt mean to be utterly naive either, because sometimes it feels so good to have that young passion about something really meaningful...righteous anger in response to stuff that affects us and our future. this generation is really coming into itself, and i for one am proud. we are learning that we can change things, and were taking a stand. apathy is disappearing amongst our youth, and the things our parents didnt care about or felt they couldnt change are being amended. i dont think anyone ever realized how much power kids and teens have, and that we are learning to be responsible for ourselves.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 04:50pm
I agree. It's like people think that all teenagers are good for is smashing things up and behaving lilke yobs. They forget that we are the future, and some of us actually are opinionated about things.
I mean, some adults are shocked that, at the age f 14, I know and have a view on politics, and that I think girls are growing up too fast, and that I can see that media is putting so much presure on us
Register