Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 13th, 2007 at 02:39pm
I don't know if that fits here, but I think it's awful how 14/15 year olds have boyfriends that are 19/ 20 ... =/
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 13th, 2007 at 03:03pm
Make you Smile.:
I don't know if that fits here, but I think it's awful how 14/15 year olds have boyfriends that are 19/ 20 ... =/

But if the woman were 20 and her boyfriend was 25/26 it wouldn't seem that odd.
My parents are 15 years apart. thats a me ._.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2007 at 03:07pm
Dr. Foreman:
Make you Smile.:

Yep, because there is a biiiiig difference in maturity between the ages of 14 and 20.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 13th, 2007 at 03:13pm
Bloodraine:
Dr. Foreman:
Make you Smile.:

Yep, because there is a biiiiig difference in maturity between the ages of 14 and 20.

I think it depends on the person though. I really do.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 13th, 2007 at 03:30pm
Bloodraine:
Dr. Foreman:
Make you Smile.:

Exactly.

Even if 14 years say: "I'm not dumb, I can take the responsibility" ... No. Neutral I mean some can for sure, but in general I don't think they should have sex with a person who is 19. Just no.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2007 at 06:22pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
Some states its legal if you are 16 and your partner is under the age of 24. Older than that its considered rape.
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.
Rape is when you don't have their consent.

And if they are under a certain age, legally their consent is worthless so you didn't have it to begin with, it isn't theirs to give. Which is why it's statutory rape.

so basically kids under 16 are not able to make any decisions for themselves? i find that offensive, im 14 and perfectly capable of making my own choices, thanks. personally i think the legal age is a good thing but in some places its too high (like England). Adults don't really understand how intelligent we teenagers actually are, so they dont give us the legal right to an opinion, or to give consent.

lmfao you act like I write the laws or something. And no, no 14 year old is perfectly capable of making their own choices on all subjects, which is why until you're 18 you can't.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 14th, 2007 at 04:42am
Kurtni:
lmfao you act like I write the laws or something. And no, no 14 year old is perfectly capable of making their own choices on all subjects, which is why until you're 18 you can't.

I agree Shifty some teenagers are way too "intelligent" for their own good.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 14th, 2007 at 05:05pm
Coff:
Kurtni:

I know in certain cases, kids do need to be protected from themselves. But honestly, I think people really underestimate teenagers, and their ability to make choices.

I know that I didn't need any laws to keep me from doing stupid things.

But I will admit that a lot of teenagers make stupid decisions, but laws aren't going to stop them from making them. In a lot of cases, you just need to stand back and let kids figure things out for themselves.
dramamine;
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2007 at 01:25am
WeFoundTheDuck:
Coff:
Kurtni:

I know in certain cases, kids do need to be protected from themselves. But honestly, I think people really underestimate teenagers, and their ability to make choices.

But I will admit that a lot of teenagers make stupid decisions, but laws aren't going to stop them from making them. In a lot of cases, you just need to stand back and let kids figure things out for themselves.

But they mostly make stupid decisions because of peer pressure. If they don't smoke, sometimes they're considered uncool. Someone said I was weird the other day because I didn't want to get drunk at the age of thirteen, which is completely stupid. They feel older if they get drunk. I'd rather not.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 15th, 2007 at 03:55am
WeFoundTheDuck:

I don't really underestimate teenagers, considering I am one myself.

Just, god, there are so many people who think they are so smart and intelligent and they know what's best for them, and.. well, uh, they're just being smartasses. You know what I mean? Just the teen arrogance that leads to bad decisions.
Vanity
Vanity
March 15th, 2007 at 04:30am
Emma.:
But they mostly make stupid decisions because of peer pressure. If they don't smoke, sometimes they're considered uncool. Someone said I was weird the other day because I didn't want to get drunk at the age of thirteen, which is completely stupid. They feel older if they get drunk. I'd rather not.

I know what you mean. I get told I'm weird because I've never been drunk, high, or done any kind of narcotic....I just tell them I don't have to get high and plastered to have fun Con
Kids around here match that to a T. It's completely disgusting. They get trashed, and then cry foul when one of the 20 or 30 year old guys that they were grinding on grabs their ass or does something else. I know a few 14 and 13 year olds who I've actually seen get plastered, walk over to a random 'hot guy' and start touching them (and I mean below the belt), shaking their ass and dancing around them, basically like a stripper to sum it up.....and they wonder why they get raped....We call them kind of chicks 'jail bait'.
They were clearly asking to have some kind of sexual contact or conduct with these guys, but as soon as one of the dudes makes a move, the chicks snap back into reality. They clearly can not handle being sexual active in any way at 14 or 13 years of age. That's why I'm glad the legal age for consent around here is 18. Many of my friends started a year or two before 18, and to me I feel that is all right. Because they can handle the emotional stress or baggage that comes along with doing those things.
Now don't misunderstand me about the jail bait chicks. Nobody deserves to be raped. And I do find it extremely sick and perverted when a fully grown adult man does anything remotely sexual to those chicks. Many of the guys those chicks approach do in fact walk away. But quite a few still stay there to see a show.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
March 15th, 2007 at 03:11pm
one question: would they respect it if there was a legal age?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2007 at 03:17pm
Micro Sheep.:

Where'd you.. um.. live?

I'd say the vast majority of countries already have a sex age.
In fact, I can't think of one that doesn't.
So it isn't an "if" XD
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 15th, 2007 at 07:55pm
I've never actually heard of a legal sex age, for sex totally.
Just a statuatory rape sex age.

... Odd.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 15th, 2007 at 08:16pm
Coff:
WeFoundTheDuck:

I don't really underestimate teenagers, considering I am one myself.

Just, god, there are so many people who think they are so smart and intelligent and they know what's best for them, and.. well, uh, they're just being smartasses. You know what I mean? Just the teen arrogance that leads to bad decisions.
I know what you mean, about the arrogance. So many of my friends are liek, "OMG I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT AND NOTHING BAD WILL HAPPEN."

Rolling Eyes

By the underestimation, I meant adults more than teenagers. I know so many adults who just completely look down at anyone under the age of twenty one, as if we're useless.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 15th, 2007 at 08:19pm
Emma.:
I'll agree with you on the peer pressure factor. I know that it's a huge factor, even when you get older.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 15th, 2007 at 08:26pm
Vanity:
Emma.:

I know what you mean. I get told I'm weird because I've never been drunk, high, or done any kind of narcotic....I just tell them I don't have to get high and plastered to have fun Con
Clap

I'm straightedge as well. Five My friends have learned not to try to pressure me into anything. I beat them down.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 16th, 2007 at 10:41am
Micro Sheep.:
I think the question is more, 'Do they?' I didn't.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
March 16th, 2007 at 04:38pm
Bloodraine:
Micro Sheep.:

Where'd you.. um.. live?

I'd say the vast majority of countries already have a sex age.
In fact, I can't think of one that doesn't.
So it isn't an "if" XD

I live in Romania and i've never heard of any legal sex age.Maybe it is but i don't think so.
And how can it be stopped even if there is a legal age???
Iam2fly4u
Geek
Iam2fly4u
March 16th, 2007 at 05:25pm
I think people should be able to have sex when they're ready but then again, some people would have it really, really young. I know! They can use condoms!
Register