Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
March 4th, 2006 at 10:21am
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Just seen something that truely disgusted me.

If this isn't sexism then..I dunno what the fuck is.

At 14: A boy can be convicted of rape, assault with the intent to commit rape and unlawful sex with a girl if she is under 16

At 16: A girl must be 16 before she can legally have sex with a boy
It is illegal for a boy or man to have sex with a girl under 16, even if she has agreed

O_________O

Oh and

At 16: A male may consent to a homosexual act if he and his partner are both over 16

Full details at http://www.connexions-direct.com/index.cfm?pid=161&catalogueContentID=176&render=detailedArticle

O.o

I, personally, do think there should be a sex age limit. But, if both partners are underage and both are consenting (meaning no rape), then it should be allowed. But if it's some guy over like 16 and a 13 year old, then 1.) EW! and 2.) Illegal. But if they're both under 18, and are dating or whatever, then okay. It's their choice, but a limit should still remain to protect the young.
catastrophic_mind
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
catastrophic_mind
March 14th, 2006 at 03:56pm
i'm 17 and i started to date my boyfriend when i was 15. now he's 23 and no one seems to have a problem with that. my friend are 17 his boyfrien 25. my other friend is 16 his boyfriend 21. here in argentina age is not a problem. I can't believe how different is in countries like usa uk autralia and sosososo....

I'm just trying to tell you all how different i am... can you like me so much? =)

SOLO DIGO KE A PESAR DE TODAS LAS DIFERENCIAS YO TAMBIEN AMO A GREEN DAY!!!!!
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 14th, 2006 at 04:24pm
i think that if the 2 individuals are responsible enough to make thats desicion {SP?} its fine , rape is different , obviously
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
March 14th, 2006 at 09:31pm
Magne:
billie_not_billy:
i don't think there should be one cuz its kinda like a right cuz its your body and life

so like bloodraine said its ok for babies to have sex? If they did away with the age limit we would have children being raped damaged for the rest of they're lives go away and think about it. You NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asshole

Sorry to everyone else onhere but that makes me madder than a mad person on heat.

it's impossible for babies to have sex, dumbass...

i dont see what the big deal is about sex. people blow it way out of proportion. so you can get pregnant. ok, yea. but you could also die by driving a car, and that's not frowned upon.

basically, it's your body, it's your decision. it's not THAT huge of a deal like everyone makes it out to be. if your careful, you can avoid pregnancy and STDs. just like how if you're a careful drive, you can help avoid accidents and death/injuries.
Jordyn
Jordyn
March 14th, 2006 at 10:05pm
It's been proven that humans are made to reproduce, and sex is all our bodies think about 24/7.

Some people think that humans are made to praise God or whatever. I don't see them putting an age limit on praying.

Rolling Eyes
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 15th, 2006 at 12:19pm
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:
i don't think there should be one cuz its kinda like a right cuz its your body and life

so like bloodraine said its ok for babies to have sex? If they did away with the age limit we would have children being raped damaged for the rest of they're lives go away and think about it. You NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asshole

Sorry to everyone else onhere but that makes me madder than a mad person on heat.

i dont see what the big deal is about sex. people blow it way out of proportion. so you can get pregnant. ok, yea. but you could also die by driving a car, and that's not frowned upon.

basically, it's your body, it's your decision. it's not THAT huge of a deal like everyone makes it out to be. if your careful, you can avoid pregnancy and STDs. just like how if you're a careful drive, you can help avoid accidents and death/injuries.

without going into religon but there have been cases of men having sex with babies.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2006 at 12:31pm
Spirit Of '77:

Not impossible for someone to have sex with a baby, by any means. Seeing as a baby can't say no, and without a legal sex age in place, it wouldn't be considered rape.

I mean, you might not have a problem with that but I do. I know it would be tragic for such a thing to happen to a little baby.

Just imagine yourself, in 20 years time. Lets say you have a six year old kid. For argument's sake. In 20 years time, there is no legal sex age. Your six year old kid can have sex, no problems whatsoever. There is nothing stopping the six year old from doing it.

Would you be happy?

Speak to any parent, go and ask them, and they will say no.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 15th, 2006 at 12:49pm
Bloodraine:
Not impossible for someone to have sex with a baby, by any means. Seeing as a baby can't say no, and without a legal sex age in place, it wouldn't be considered rape.

Sex without the other person's permission...that is rape.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 15th, 2006 at 01:04pm
Nine_Inch_Nails:
Bloodraine:

Sex without the other person's permission...that is rape.

I'd be lovely and nice to think that was true...but that's the problem with having no legal sex age.

Big, big grey area there, and we all know what rape prosecution is like at present. Rolling Eyes

Get a decent lawyer and he could shred that argument to pieces. "Well, the baby never said 'no' did she?."

It doesn't work like that in the real world. If you don't say no it isn't rape (even then, you need virtually video evidence before you can win a court case).

Perhaps you're willing to take that chance, but i'm not. Even if it isn't a baby, having sexual intercourse with a 7/8/9 year old could have serious repercussions. And I'm really not willing to take that chance.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
March 15th, 2006 at 06:43pm
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:

without going into religon but there have been cases of men having sex with babies.

yes, but that's RAPE. there's a difference.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 16th, 2006 at 04:48am
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:

if you take away the legal age of concent then rape will be an extremely HARD thing to proove, without that buffer people will be able to get away with anything.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
March 16th, 2006 at 05:53am
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:

if you take away the legal age of concent then rape will be an extremely HARD thing to proove, without that buffer people will be able to get away with anything.

How so?

Rape = sex without consent.

What does the legal sex age have to do with it and proving it?
Fuck Off And Die!
Geek
Fuck Off And Die!
March 16th, 2006 at 07:02am
It`s 16 in Norway. But who really cares? No one follows it anyway.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 16th, 2006 at 10:36am
Coff:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:

How so?

if you take away the legal age totally that its self will make rape extremely difficult to proove.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 16th, 2006 at 11:14am
Coff:
How so?

Would you really trust a child to make the right descision in such a situation?

Yes, a child may consent to sex, but would they really want it?. Answer me that. Children are weak willed and easily persuaded. Children are vulnerable. I believe they should be protected.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
March 16th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Okay...so they have the law. Fair enough.

But it sure as hell wouldn't stop me.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 16th, 2006 at 03:44pm
Bloodraine:
Coff:
How so?

Yes, a child may consent to sex, but would they really want it?. Answer me that. Children are weak willed and easily persuaded. Children are vulnerable. I believe they should be protected.

i agree! Laughing
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 16th, 2006 at 03:47pm
Bloodraine:
Coff:
How so?

i agree
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
March 16th, 2006 at 03:48pm
all because you can doesnt meen you should!
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 16th, 2006 at 03:49pm
i can agree with that
Register