Magne:
Coff:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
Spirit Of '77:
Magne:
billie_not_billy:
i don't think there should be one cuz its kinda like a right cuz its your body and life

so like bloodraine said its ok for babies to have sex? If they did away with the age limit we would have children being raped damaged for the rest of they're lives go away and think about it. You NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Asshole

Sorry to everyone else onhere but that makes me madder than a mad person on heat.

it's impossible for babies to have sex, dumbass...

i dont see what the big deal is about sex. people blow it way out of proportion. so you can get pregnant. ok, yea. but you could also die by driving a car, and that's not frowned upon.

basically, it's your body, it's your decision. it's not THAT huge of a deal like everyone makes it out to be. if your careful, you can avoid pregnancy and STDs. just like how if you're a careful drive, you can help avoid accidents and death/injuries.

without going into religon but there have been cases of men having sex with babies.

yes, but that's RAPE. there's a difference.

if you take away the legal age of concent then rape will be an extremely HARD thing to proove, without that buffer people will be able to get away with anything.

How so?

Rape = sex without consent.

What does the legal sex age have to do with it and proving it?

if you take away the legal age totally that its self will make rape extremely difficult to proove.

the legal age has nothing to do with it. all the legal age does is put innocent people in jail when it comes to rape. think about it, a 23 year old could be raped by a 30 year old. they're both over the legal sex age, but it's still rape. and, a 14 year old could have sex with a 19 year old willingly, and he could go to jail just because of his age, even though the girl consented.

but i think sending older WOMAN to jail for "rape" is the most rediculous thing ever. it HAD to be consensual. you can't rape a dude, it would be limp. haha.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 18th, 2006 at 12:38pm
Spirit Of '77:
the legal age has nothing to do with it. all the legal age does is put innocent people in jail when it comes to rape. think about it, a 23 year old could be raped by a 30 year old. they're both over the legal sex age, but it's still rape. and, a 14 year old could have sex with a 19 year old willingly, and he could go to jail just because of his age, even though the girl consented.

but i think sending older WOMAN to jail for "rape" is the most rediculous thing ever. it HAD to be consensual. you can't rape a dude, it would be limp. haha.

I'm so glad you actually have rape convictions in your country. Here, the system is quite frankly awful, a woman needs almost video evidence before she can obtain a conviction. And even that is ususally feeble; a few years maxiumum.

That is partly why I am in favor of a legal age. Rape is so hard to prove and it can have serious effects on a younger person.

Also, you shouldn't laugh at men being raped. It is a very traumatic experience, not to be made light out of.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 27th, 2006 at 03:01am
i think Rapists should be sent to mental health care units cuz they need some help what sane person would have sex with a child i think it should be 16 for everyone
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 27th, 2006 at 09:00am
michaeldirnt:
i think Rapists should be sent to mental health care units cuz they need some help what sane person would have sex with a child i think it should be 16 for everyone
That's paedophilia, not rape. Rape is non-consenual sex, or statutory rape - sex with a minor and a person over the age of majority, or between two minors under the age of consent (16 in most places), with or without consent.
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
June 27th, 2006 at 12:04pm
Bloodraine:
Coff:
How so?

Rape = sex without consent.

What does the legal sex age have to do with it and proving it?

Would you really trust a child to make the right descision in such a situation?

Yes, a child may consent to sex, but would they really want it?. Answer me that. Children are weak willed and easily persuaded. Children are vulnerable. I believe they should be protected.

She is completely right.

As someone said about driving...10 year old could drive a car, but would they understand the responsibilty that goes along with it? Sex is the same way, whether you believe that it is a big deal or not, you must recognize that you need to be not only physically, but mentally and emotionally prepared as well. And while there are exceptions, most teenagers and younger don't completely grasp the whole situation when it comes to sex.
Lor
Geek
Lor

Blog
July 3rd, 2006 at 01:33am
Well in Canada, it's 14. I really don't think that it's the age problem, it's the lack of resposibility and education. Yes, I know how horrible sex ed is, but without it, there would be more STDs and teenage pregnancy than there is now. But there's still a hell of a lot of that stuff. Like I said, the ae isn't the problem, the lack of funding of education is the problem. Another issue is that teachers don't want to teach it. I remember one year, the teacher was so embarassed by the topic, she refused to teach it. Nice...this is just my opinion by the way.
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
King For A Couple Of Days
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
March 11th, 2007 at 03:47pm
In England, the age of consent is 16 for straight and gay sex,
but for lesbian there is no age as it is not classes as penatrative.
Alot of people say either to make a lesbian age or lower the others

In my opinion i think the legal age is a good idea. it does not put pressure on people to have sex until a little later. Also children may not be in the right mind to know what they want, but at 16 they will feel more knowledged, and hopfully more responisble
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
March 11th, 2007 at 09:27pm
We're Outlaws, Yeah!:
In England, the age of consent is 16 for straight and gay sex,
but for lesbian there is no age as it is not classes as penatrative.
Alot of people say either to make a lesbian age or lower the others

In my opinion i think the legal age is a good idea. it does not put pressure on people to have sex until a little later. Also children may not be in the right mind to know what they want, but at 16 they will feel more knowledged, and hopfully more responisble
It's sixteen here.

Not that it stops anyone. Rolling Eyes
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
March 11th, 2007 at 09:33pm
I don't know about here...but I'll have sex when I'm ready if it's legal or not. I want to see them try and stop me. =]
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
March 11th, 2007 at 10:18pm
I'm pretty sure it's 18 here. But people have sex at any age anyway. People at my High School do all kinds of things and have sex like it's nothing. It's quite rediculous, in my opinion.

I just think it's hoe-ish. People should wait until marriage.

Just my opinion.

Retard
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 11th, 2007 at 10:25pm
Some states its legal if you are 16 and your partner is under the age of 24. Older than that its considered rape.
I heard that somewhere.

I think its wrong when people go to jail when it was consensual [sp?] but they should know getting involved with someone underage that the chance of getting arrested is there.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 11th, 2007 at 10:53pm
Dr. Foreman:
Some states its legal if you are 16 and your partner is under the age of 24. Older than that its considered rape.
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.
Rape is when you don't have their consent.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
March 12th, 2007 at 02:59pm
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.

thanks for the clarification.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
March 12th, 2007 at 06:24pm
i dont think they should just say "you have to be this age" beacuase some people might be really immature or mature, but the goverment cant just say "oh your mature". I also think they should consider other factors too, like if it was 21 in Sweeden or something that whould be pointless but in some african countrys i think that whould be a good idea beaucase of AIDS and less education.

it varies alot in some countres its like 10 and on other its like 21
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 12th, 2007 at 07:41pm
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.

And if they are under a certain age, legally their consent is worthless so you didn't have it to begin with, it isn't theirs to give. Which is why it's statutory rape.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 12th, 2007 at 11:04pm
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.

And if they are under a certain age, legally their consent is worthless so you didn't have it to begin with, it isn't theirs to give. Which is why it's statutory rape.

But it's still not the same as rape.
Which is why it's statutory rape.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
March 13th, 2007 at 02:35am
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.

so basically kids under 16 are not able to make any decisions for themselves? i find that offensive, im 14 and perfectly capable of making my own choices, thanks. personally i think the legal age is a good thing but in some places its too high (like England). Adults don't really understand how intelligent we teenagers actually are, so they dont give us the legal right to an opinion, or to give consent.
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
March 13th, 2007 at 05:59am
here its 14...but thats only with kids your age and up to 18...if its older than 18 then its illegal...but as far as i'm concerned i dont know anything about lesbian or gay couples and their legal sex age, nobody has even mentioned it during news or anything so no way of me knowing...Very Happy i get my everyday news from da allmighty tv(our family doesnt read newspapers) so if they dont have it there, then i dont know, butyeah, its legal for me to sleep aroundVery Happy(soon to be...15)*laughs* lmfao
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
March 13th, 2007 at 12:33pm
I think that the legal sex age should be with __ number of years as your partner.
Because if two 17-year-olds are dating for several months and are sexually active and the other one turns 18, then sex is illegal [in certain states].
I've heard of parents suing [after above happens] because they don't like their child seeing that person.
So I think 2 or 3 year age difference [after the age of 14 or 15] is a good idea.
Yes, I realize I'm cutting my own throat with this one.
Do as I say, not as I do.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 13th, 2007 at 01:18pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Kurtni:
druscilla; callmedru:
Dr. Foreman:
I heard that somewhere.

Statutory rape.
Not the same as rape.

so basically kids under 16 are not able to make any decisions for themselves? i find that offensive, im 14 and perfectly capable of making my own choices, thanks. personally i think the legal age is a good thing but in some places its too high (like England). Adults don't really understand how intelligent we teenagers actually are, so they dont give us the legal right to an opinion, or to give consent.

I don't make this a wide general observation of 14 years old...wait, no yes I do. Because I think the 14 year olds who are mature will agree with me.

The similarity between an adult and a teenager is physically they are nearly at the same level. Hormonaly they are too.(depending on when you hit puberty) But mentally a teenager is not ready to comprehend the full extent of what a sexual relationship is, they are unprepared to deal with the emotional side and that is just one of the reasons there is an age of consent the other is it is there for your protection.

If you try telling me that it's just as easy to manipulate a 25 year old women into bed as a 14 year old teenager then you are mistaken, sex can be used as a tool for peer pressure and pain and teens are more likely to succumb to it. Now on the off chance you are one of the teens who do understand the emotional side and the aspects it includes then you would also be mature enough to know that it's best to wait.

The other reason for the legal sex age is that it protects children against peadophilia, sometimes it can seem weird to stop a 20 year old dating a 17 year old, but mostly if both party's seem mature the law looks the other way. But peodophiles can be any age and if they are younger and there was no consent age they would use that to there advantage.
Register