AuthorMessage
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 10:21am
Slightly off topic I think.
But.
What annoys me is that sex is generally allowed at the age of 16.
And because of this there are many pregnancies.
And I think it's stupid.
No one at the age of 16 has time to have a child.
Let alone the money.
But then what pisses me off even more is the fact that you cant cuy dildo's and vibrators till the age of 18.

I personally think it should be other way around.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:03am
Kurtni:
Anji:

There is nothing wrong with a man having sex with a 12 year old. If she wants it then OK, good for her.
A 12 year old child can't even comprehend what sex is, and pedophiles can easily manipulate children into thinking they want something like sex by making them think it makes them more mature and grown up. It is in no way, shape or form ok for an older man to take advantage of a child in such a way.
What about mature 12 year olds then?
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:05am
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:

There is nothing wrong with a man having sex with a 12 year old. If she wants it then OK, good for her.
A 12 year old child can't even comprehend what sex is, and pedophiles can easily manipulate children into thinking they want something like sex by making them think it makes them more mature and grown up. It is in no way, shape or form ok for an older man to take advantage of a child in such a way.

My opinion on that is what is a 12 year old.
Mature or not.
Hanging round with a man that age?
And where do the parents come into all of this?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:08am
trelovescookies:
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:

Mature or not.
People mature at different levels. An informed 12 year old with abnormaly high levels of testosterone may actually look for sex.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:09am
Anji:
trelovescookies:
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:

Mature or not.
People mature at different levels. An informed 12 year old with abnormaly high levels of testosterone may actually look for sex.
Or oestregen if it was a guy. But guys are supposedly less able to take advantage of, right?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:11am
I think you have to draw a line somewhere Cheese

I mean, there are probably mature 7 year olds out there who could handle sex (very few, but okay). But the very vast majority of 12 year olds aren't. And if you are a so-called mature 12 year old, then you'll know to be smart and use protection and be aware of all the consequences you face. 'cause, really, what is sex?
Its for reproduction. Are all 12 year olds, who are mature enough to have sex, mature also enough to support a child for the next 18 years, and indeed, give birth, with those pre-pubescent little pelvises of theirs. Personally, I need convincing on that.

Of course, using averages leaves the very mature 12 year olds falling short of the mark, but that is why having a legal age that isn't really enforced is good. The people that do flout it will, and the people who are too scared to have sex at twelve years old because their friends are all doing it can say "but I don't wanna break the law".

So yes, the legal sex age does have some uses. As a very good excuse, at least, it deserves to stay.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:15am
Bloodraine:
I think you have to draw a line somewhere Cheese

I mean, there are probably mature 7 year olds out there who could handle sex (very few, but okay). But the very vast majority of 12 year olds aren't. And if you are a so-called mature 12 year old, then you'll know to be smart and use protection and be aware of all the consequences you face. 'cause, really, what is sex?
Its for reproduction. Are all 12 year olds, who are mature enough to have sex, mature also enough to support a child for the next 18 years, and indeed, give birth, with those pre-pubescent little pelvises of theirs. Personally, I need convincing on that.

Of course, using averages leaves the very mature 12 year olds falling short of the mark, but that is why having a legal age that isn't really enforced is good. The people that do flout it will, and the people who are too scared to have sex at twelve years old because their friends are all doing it can say "but I don't wanna break the law".

So yes, the legal sex age does have some uses. As a very good excuse, at least, it deserves to stay.
I'd liked to have thought of myself as a mature 13 year old. That's only one off of 12. I don't know, is there much of a difference between the two.

I have long thought that age was useless and misleading.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:18am
Anji:
I'd liked to have thought of myself as a mature 13 year old. That's only one off of 12. I don't know, is there much of a difference between the two.

Misleading in what way?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:28am
Bloodraine:
Anji:

Misleading in what way?
Like I said, people mature at different levels. One's age is not a clear sign of maturity and unfortunately, laws are enforced by age. Should a form which could measure maturity and responsibility be introduced, that may be more accurate to what individuals can do. Some of my friends with down syndrome are 15, 16 years old and are like little kids. It's sad, but cute and I don't think they're responsible enough to have sex. And then there's my other thread about mentally retarded parents which I based most of my arguement on a movie, but nonetheless, mentally retarded parents are not responsible enought to have children but are caring enough and loving enough to have them. And in the movie I Am Sam, Sam was in his mid-thirties or so.

So...whatever I said has gone off topic, but within that haystack, there's a needle with my point on it.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:31am
In Denmark, they just changed the legal sex age to 16. Before, it was 15. I think it's rather ridiculous, but it has a good point. In this society, where sex is a thing you just do when you're over 13 and have a boyfriend/girlfriend. [This society meaning my town]
Saying that, I think it kind of shows that it's okay to wait until you're ready.
That doesn't mean you or your friends thinks so, though.
In my class, where there are about 10-12 girls, there are 5 girls who are not virgins as far as I know.
I don't know if they did it out of peer pressure of they just actually were ready and wanted to.. I just know that I do want to wait to be sure.
One of my friends friend had had a crush on a guy a little older than her and they started going out and a week after, they had sex. After the guy had 'gotten laid' a few times, he broke up and she was devastated. My friends advice was, from the start, that if he was that amazing and sweet, she could wait 6 months and make it worth while.. But sometimes you just don't feel that way, I guess.
One of my friends always jokes about that the minute she turns 15, she's going to have sex with the first goodlooking guy she sees. (That was when 15 was the legal age) she's turning 15 on Saturday and it definitely looks like she's going to stay a virgin until she finds the right guy...

Oh, and it's legal to get married without parental consent when both people are 16 and over. I don't know, but highschool sweethearts marrying so soon rarely lasts to stay happy...
xstarry_nightsx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xstarry_nightsx
April 12th, 2007 at 01:10pm
I think contraception should be available for everybody, whatever the age, because there is always going to be the kids that want to have sex (and might well be mentally mature enough) so preventing them from being able to get contraception would be ridiculous. They're still going to do it with or without so the safe sex is always better.
Personally, I think that 16 is okay for the age of consent. I'm 15 and I don't think I'll be having sex then. I've been with my boyfriend for 5 and a half months already but still don't want to have sex until I'm atleast 17/18.
It has been medically proven that young bodies are not meant for sex. It is known that girls who start having sex at a young age are more at risk of getting cervical cancer.
I think it's inappropriate and unecessary for anyone under 16 to have sex. I think sex should be about making love, when you are in love and know that you want to be with that person forever. Not just for a bit of fun. Who wants the risk of getting pregnant when they themselves are just a child. There are so many more ways of enjoying yourself.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:16pm
xstarry_nightsx:
I think sex should be about making love, when you are in love and know that you want to be with that person forever. Not just for a bit of fun. Who wants the risk of getting pregnant when they themselves are just a child. There are so many more ways of enjoying yourself.
See, that's because you have no clue yet how fun it is.
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 02:54pm
Anji:
xstarry_nightsx:
I think sex should be about making love, when you are in love and know that you want to be with that person forever. Not just for a bit of fun. Who wants the risk of getting pregnant when they themselves are just a child. There are so many more ways of enjoying yourself.

Plus then we delve into prostitution.
Another subject alltogether.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 02:56pm
trelovescookies:

Eh How are they linked then?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 05:37pm
Anji:
Kurtni:
Anji:

A 12 year old that's mature would no better than that, and know that if an older man starts making sexual advanced towards her then he's a pedophile and she shouldn't enage in any behaviors he asks her to and she should tell someone and get help.

If it wasn't an older man, and someone around her age group, and she chose to have sex, I personally, wouldn't consider her mature. Sex is a big responsiability and even if she is mature sexually a 12 year old isn't mature enough in other ways to deal with the emotional part of maintaining a relationship, and always making sure protection is used. Even with protection, it isn't 100% safe and at the age of 12 she is risking becoming pregnant.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 12th, 2007 at 05:43pm
Anji:
xstarry_nightsx:

no thats not fair!... it is fun but i still admire people who have there verginity they respect there bodys is all.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 12th, 2007 at 05:51pm
oh and im not saying people who have had sex dont respect there bodys but i think the fact that they choose not to just yet is a good thing and there protecting themselves

i know people my age (19) who choose not to have sex and i almost envy that they still have there verginity hmmmm im not really sure how to discribe it its just a big thing
i think by the age of 16 people should be alloud to make there own decisions on sex because there mature enough to handle it, but i do applaud and support those who choose not to.
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 06:15pm
Anji:
trelovescookies:

Eh How are they linked then?

Because in talking about sex should be about making love...
You can't like make that a rule that you have to love every one you shag :]
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
April 12th, 2007 at 06:19pm
Hey, if there's grass on the pitch you should start playin'
Trelovescookies
Idiot
Trelovescookies

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 06:21pm
CopperheaD: