Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 03:47pm
K, the whole Shilpa/Richard thing is ridiculous. What he did was not obscene. It was a kiss on the cheek. For God's sake, it's not like he ravished her onstage. They were doing a charity skit. But everyone's ignoring that now. The people for whom they performed probably forgot the message because everyone is so fucking involved in Richard kissing her on the cheek.

Oh no! He kissed her on the cheek! She has been dishonored! What will happen to our reactionary customs now? How dare they try and take a step out of the ordinary!

Seriously. India is not as ridiculous as we are now being portrayed because of this nonsense. It's stupid, even. Laughable, ludicrous. There are groups in India that are reactionary and stupid and carry this whole thing of "traditional values."

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with tradition. But there are points in life when you need to move with the times. One group chased a teenage couple out of a bakery with sticks for going in to have a cup of coffee. "We don't like this love-shove business". You can't expect people to not act on feelings of attraction, especially with so much outside influence. And it's not it's something wrong. It's natural.

But they just...god. It's annoying and unnecessary. The newspapers need to find something else to write about. They need to leave the poor man alone and leave Shilpa Shetty to her life. They were trying to send a message about AIDS. But does anyone care? No! euighskrjnhskrjdlsrhjle!!!!!!!!!!!

</offtopic rant>
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 04:37pm
It looked more like just a kiss to me. It looked like quite a few kisses infact.

But then, I think a lot of the controversy also comes with the fact that he's foreign. You always hear about that Bollywood couple kissing in public as well, but they're natives, so that's more or less OK.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
May 11th, 2007 at 11:13pm
I think it doesn't matter. No matter what happens people are going to be having sex left and right. Breaking the rules is a thrill for some people. It's the same way with drinking. The drinking age is 21 yet everyone's drinking and they start as young as 13/14. It's become a part of society, as well as sex.
iluvmilkshake
Geek
iluvmilkshake

Mibba
May 12th, 2007 at 06:50am
its 16 in the u.k but nearly everone in mi years lost it already- and we're all like 14+15 :s strange it is- it must be a london thing to do i spose
Addison Montgomery.
Addison Montgomery.

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2007 at 07:55am
16 in UK

but people don't pay attention to it anyway.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2007 at 11:58am
The Fool On The Hill:
I think it doesn't matter. No matter what happens people are going to be having sex left and right. Breaking the rules is a thrill for some people. It's the same way with drinking. The drinking age is 21 yet everyone's drinking and they start as young as 13/14. It's become a part of society, as well as sex.
The purpose of the legal sex age isn't so much to prevent people from having sex as it is to prevent sexual abuse from occuring. Statistics show that the average teenager loses their virginity at the age of 16 to 20, with 16 being the most popular age. No one thinks the legal sex age will stop kids from having sex because it obviously isn't. However, the legal sex age says that a 30 year old man can't have sex with 8 year old kids. You wont see 2 16 year olds being punished (by legal officials) for having sex, but we can send pedophiles to jail.
Emily-Cool
Emily-Cool
May 14th, 2007 at 09:38am
YEAH. The age is 16 in the UK. I personally think it should be 17... But even if they moved it up or down nobody will really pay much attention to it.
Thing is though, i'm 16, and it's soo easy to get taken advantage of, and you can't do anything about it.. beacuse your 16 now.. it's allowed. heh.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
May 14th, 2007 at 05:38pm
iluvmilkshake:
its 16 in the u.k but nearly everone in mi years lost it already- and we're all like 14+15 :s strange it is- it must be a london thing to do i spose

That's so young.
I have the impression kids do everything earlier than before. Even the most basic things, like having a cellphone -_- [/offtopic]
Whatever.
When I was 14, me and friends from schools didn't really care about boys, so just guess about sexual relationships.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 07:08pm
Emily-Cool:
YEAH. The age is 16 in the UK. I personally think it should be 17... But even if they moved it up or down nobody will really pay much attention to it.
Thing is though, i'm 16, and it's soo easy to get taken advantage of, and you can't do anything about it.. beacuse your 16 now.. it's allowed. heh.

No, it isn't allowed and it really scares me that some teenagers think that. It is never allowed for anyone to take advantage of someone sexually, regardless of their age. Its called the age of consent for a reason, because without that consent its still illegal.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2007 at 12:59pm
Which is exactly the problem with the new law in India. If there is no legal age, girls will think that way. They already do. I'm not saying that we don't have our strong women. It's just that such a large percentage of the population is unaware of their power and rights.

Parents are worried and the governments reasoning, from what I've heard, is that since so many teenagers are pressured into sexual activites, it should be okay if the new law demands consent of both parties.

I still say they're stupid, but hey what do I know.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 15th, 2007 at 01:23pm
Sorry if this has been answered.

But if you have sex under the legal age what exactly is the punishment?

If the legal sex age is 16 and two fourteen year olds fuck around do they go to Juvenile Hall? What?

I can understand age of consent, but not a legal sex age.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 15th, 2007 at 03:58pm
druscilla; in rags:
Sorry if this has been answered.

But if you have sex under the legal age what exactly is the punishment?

If the legal sex age is 16 and two fourteen year olds fuck around do they go to Juvenile Hall? What?

I can understand age of consent, but not a legal sex age.

Someone implied that nothing would happen. They won't come arrest you for that - its more a 30 year old man ''fucking'' a 14 year old girl.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 15th, 2007 at 05:04pm
^

So, it's age of consent, not legal sex age.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 15th, 2007 at 05:08pm
druscilla; in rags:
^

So, it's age of consent, not legal sex age.

I guess so.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 15th, 2007 at 05:19pm
Well, in that case I think it should be an age difference between the two people having sex, not just the one person.

If a couple is dating and having sex and they're both seventeen and one of them turns eighteen, why shouldn't they still be allowed to have sex?

I think it should be a two year age difference.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2007 at 05:43pm
druscilla; in rags:
Well, in that case I think it should be an age difference between the two people having sex, not just the one person.

If a couple is dating and having sex and they're both seventeen and one of them turns eighteen, why shouldn't they still be allowed to have sex?

Well, I don't understand your logic, it being that they were legal anyway, and then they somehow became -illegal-. If they are both of the age of consent, then if one of them turns 18, they are both still above the legal age.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 15th, 2007 at 06:02pm
Bloodraine:
druscilla; in rags:

Well, I don't understand your logic, it being that they were legal anyway, and then they somehow became -illegal-. If they are both of the age of consent, then if one of them turns 18, they are both still above the legal age.

In several states in the US the age of 18 is the age of consent.

If we assume the two people in the hypothetical relationship I mentioned don't have the same birthday, one will be slightly older than the other one.

Legally when they turn 18 they're committing statutory rape.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2007 at 06:04pm
druscilla; in rags:
Bloodraine:
druscilla; in rags:

If we assume the two people in the hypothetical relationship I mentioned don't have the same birthday, one will be slightly older than the other one.

Then the hypothetical relationship was illegal right from the start?
I don't see how it makes it so much worse just because one is 18 now. You're only commiting paedophillia here if you are something like 5 or 7 years older.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 15th, 2007 at 07:07pm
Bloodraine:
druscilla; in rags:
Bloodraine:
druscilla; in rags:

I don't see how it makes it so much worse just because one is 18 now. You're only commiting paedophillia here if you are something like 5 or 7 years older.

No. It's legal for a minor to have sex with a minor.
it is not legal for an adult to have sex with a minor.
The relationship becomes illegal the second one of the two members of it turn 18/become an adult.
Pedophilia here is anything under the age of 14.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2007 at 06:34am
druscilla; in rags:
Bloodraine:

No. It's legal for a minor to have sex with a minor.
it is not legal for an adult to have sex with a minor.
The relationship becomes illegal the second one of the two members of it turn 18/become an adult.
Pedophilia here is anything under the age of 14.

Orly. Well here, if you were 15 and having sex with a 15 year old, it would still be illegal, even if you're the same age. Although I doubt those people would get into trouble for it. I guess that's just how our system works. Once you're 16 and above the age of consent, you can have sex with a person of any age. So if you're 16 and your boyfriend is 19, then its okay, you can both consent, minor or not.

The law becomes messy when it comes down to a person below the age of consent and a person above the age. In all honesty, it really depends on the scenario. 18 year old and 15 year old isn't so bad, really, but 13 year old and 19 year old kinda is. A lot happens between the age of 13 and 16.
Register