Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
BillieJoezGurl
King For A Couple Of Days
BillieJoezGurl
June 6th, 2007 at 11:44am
18?! omgno I'm gonna have to wait 8 years?!
St. Dude
St. Dude
June 8th, 2007 at 05:59am
OMG 12 in Mexico and Canada!? omgno you think that's a little young?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 9th, 2007 at 06:26am
St. Dude:
Good Question. I guess you can write to the president/leader of your country and propose to make it law that "You can't have sex below the age of 18." Though I got a feeling that it won't be passed to be a law, so I guess the current legal sex age is gonna stay for now.

No, I said how will you stop them? How are you going to stop the kids from having sex? By making it illegal, you think they're just going to stop? That's pretty naive if so.

BillieJoezGurl:

lmfao
PaNcAkEs
Jackass
PaNcAkEs

Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 08:32am
well, you cant stop kids from having sex... its like taking candy from a baby, without getting any candy. I just think that having sex at 9, or 12 is a tad bit early, but since when have kids listened to laws like that anyway? Over here its legal when you're 14 and your partner is either under or exactly 18.
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 10:42am
well the age down in england is 16 i think! but even if it was raised to an older limit in wouldnt make any difference as people have sex at all ages anyway . some people may do it when they are really young and some wait but even if the law was changed it wouldnt make any difference i dont think. .
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 01:03am
Songbird:
Apparently the legal sex age here is considered to be 17, but when you turn 18 you can only have sexual relations with someone 2 years older.

These laws don't work at all. Sexual relations are a private thing - most of the time - and it's not like anyone is going to make themselves visible to authorities that they're commiting statutory rape or underage sex. No one is that stupid...well let's hope so. I don't know any minor - personally, meaning people I go to school with, etc - who has abided by that law during this day and age. It's seems to commonplace for young kids (as young as 9) to be having sex, that soon it will become accpetable. If society accepts something, it becomes acceptable. And the majority of the teenage society accepts this.

But here's the thing, when you do something as a kid, as a parent you usually don't accept the same thing if your child does it. If you got through school on a C average, I don't think you'd exactly be pleased that your child is content with doing the same. You'd want him to have the best options and do the best he can.

Therefore, hypothetically, if you had underage sex or just had sex while yo u were 12-15 years old, would you accept it if you found out that your child was going doing the same thing?

I think not. Everyone says they don't want to end up like their hypocritical parents, but there's something to be learned from mistakes. I don't want my future kid to be online all the time and have no life. So I don't think "society" would accept the low sex age as easily as one might think.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 14th, 2007 at 01:17am
^
My mother got pregnant in high school and asked me to simply wait until I was over the age she was when she got pregnant.
I ended up waiting an extra four years, but whatever.
My brother didn't.
BillieJoezGurl
BillieJoezGurl
June 22nd, 2007 at 09:33pm
Plug In Baby.:
St. Dude:
Good Question. I guess you can write to the president/leader of your country and propose to make it law that "You can't have sex below the age of 18." Though I got a feeling that it won't be passed to be a law, so I guess the current legal sex age is gonna stay for now.

No, I said how will you stop them? How are you going to stop the kids from having sex? By making it illegal, you think they're just going to stop? That's pretty naive if so.

BillieJoezGurl:

lmfao
it's not funny Molly Molly omgno omgno OMFG OMFG so not funny
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
June 23rd, 2007 at 10:48am
BillieJoezGurl:
Plug In Baby.:
St. Dude:

BillieJoezGurl:

lmfao
lol, it is.

besides, you shouldn't be thinking about having to wait 8 years before you have sex. enjoy your childhood.

ours is 16 in England, but I think its too low.
however, no-one pays attention to it, sex is just a casual thing.

"oh well, I had sex when i was 11, but it doesn't matter, coz I didnt get pregnant"
"well, i had sex when i was 13, but I wore a condom, so it doesnt matter."

Im not saying this is the attitude of all English teenage girls/boys, but it seems that waiting until your actually old enough to have sex is for losers.

im glad i disagree with this Con
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
June 23rd, 2007 at 08:01pm
xo-Rhiannan;:
BillieJoezGurl:
Plug In Baby.:
St. Dude:

BillieJoezGurl:

lmfao
lol, it is.

besides, you shouldn't be thinking about having to wait 8 years before you have sex. enjoy your childhood.

ours is 16 in England, but I think its too low.
however, no-one pays attention to it, sex is just a casual thing.

"oh well, I had sex when i was 11, but it doesn't matter, coz I didnt get pregnant"
"well, i had sex when i was 13, but I wore a condom, so it doesnt matter."

Im not saying this is the attitude of all English teenage girls/boys, but it seems that waiting until your actually old enough to have sex is for losers.

im glad i disagree with this Con
It shouldn't matter if you're old enough or not, what should matter is whether it feels right or not.
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
June 24th, 2007 at 08:45am
Ieva Christ:
It shouldn't matter if you're old enough or not, what should matter is whether it feels right or not.

So, if you're 11 years old, and it feels right, you should do it?
I don't think so.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
June 24th, 2007 at 09:23am
16 here. But I think that it's good here, that we're given lots of advice and they promote the safe sex idea, (C cards. hah.) rather than just making the legal sex age higher.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2007 at 11:45am
xo-Rhiannan;:
Ieva Christ:

I don't think so.

Well, it has to be within reason. Like, the person up there who was upset about waiting eight years. You might feel like having sex is right, but once you get too far into a situation, you might feel like its not right.

I think its a good thing to ask kids to wait until they're at least 15 or 16.
BillieJoezGurl
BillieJoezGurl
June 24th, 2007 at 01:41pm
lyrical_mess:
xo-Rhiannan;:
Ieva Christ:

I don't think so.

Well, it has to be within reason. Like, the person up there who was upset about waiting eight years. You might feel like having sex is right, but once you get too far into a situation, you might feel like its not right.

so I can 2 or 3 years early? Confused
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
June 24th, 2007 at 01:57pm
BillieJoezGurl:
It's not like the police are gunna come round checking your vagina or anything.
BillieJoezGurl
BillieJoezGurl
June 24th, 2007 at 01:59pm
Boobmeister:
BillieJoezGurl:
yeah....I guess I don't have to wait 8 years.....I have to wait 5/6 years.........
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
June 24th, 2007 at 03:30pm
lyrical_mess:
xo-Rhiannan;:
Ieva Christ:

I don't think so.

well, thats alright. 16 that is.

I have issues with this, most of my friends are having casual sex now.
At 15 years old.

I just dont want them getting hurt.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Boobmeister:
BillieJoezGurl:

While that is true, too many people take advantage of it. And waiting isn't going to hurt anyone.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 24th, 2007 at 04:03pm
xo-Rhiannan;:
well, thats alright. 16 that is.

I have issues with this, most of my friends are having casual sex now.
At 15 years old.

I just dont want them getting hurt.

But how is 15 much different to 16?

And think of it this way, they're going to get hurt when they're older and having sex, and they're going to get hurt now regardless of if they're having sex with the person or not.

I don't really see a big deal with doing it for the first time. You know? You make a big deal out of doing it for the first time, but then you just keep on doing it, and it's not such a big deal anymore.

And to the person who was all "I'm going to have to wait 8 years!?", you don't have to wait any amount of time. The sex laws are there to catch sex offenders, mainly.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
June 24th, 2007 at 04:23pm
It's 16 here in Michigan. People definitely don't follow by that, but I think it's a reasonable age. When I was younger I was all "Ohh my god...I have to wait THAT long?!" I really don't think like that anymore. Too much has happened in mine and my family's life. Such as, well, pregnancy. When you see someone in school that has to struggle with raising a child as well, it really does change the way you look at sex and when you should be having it. Sometimes I do feel that the age here should be pushed up to 18, to help prevent teen pregancy a little, but I don't think it'd do any good when some teens don't follow the legal sex age to begin with most of the time.
Register