Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
Arceus
Jackass
Arceus
May 16th, 2007 at 05:52pm
This stupid age for legal sex was created because there are some idiots out there that don't have an inkling of maturity. Therefore, they ruin the whole thing for all of us. I'm sick of that fucking domino effect on everything.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Arceus:
This stupid age for legal sex was created because there are some idiots out there that don't have an inkling of maturity. Therefore, they ruin the whole thing for all of us. I'm sick of that fucking domino effect on everything.

O_O What the hell are you talking about?
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 16th, 2007 at 11:23pm
Bloodraine:
druscilla; in rags:
Bloodraine:
Then the hypothetical relationship was illegal right from the start?
I don't see how it makes it so much worse just because one is 18 now. You're only commiting paedophillia here if you are something like 5 or 7 years older.

No. It's legal for a minor to have sex with a minor.
it is not legal for an adult to have sex with a minor.
The relationship becomes illegal the second one of the two members of it turn 18/become an adult.
Pedophilia here is anything under the age of 14.

Orly. Well here, if you were 15 and having sex with a 15 year old, it would still be illegal, even if you're the same age. Although I doubt those people would get into trouble for it. I guess that's just how our system works. Once you're 16 and above the age of consent, you can have sex with a person of any age. So if you're 16 and your boyfriend is 19, then its okay, you can both consent, minor or not.

The law becomes messy when it comes down to a person below the age of consent and a person above the age. In all honesty, it really depends on the scenario. 18 year old and 15 year old isn't so bad, really, but 13 year old and 19 year old kinda is. A lot happens between the age of 13 and 16.

Yeah, it's different here.
Each state has a different age. Iowa is 16; California is 18. You can't legally have sex with someone over the age of 18 until you're the age of consent, depending on what state you're in.
14 and below is legal pedophilia age.
If an adult has a sexual relationship with someone between the ages of 15 and 17, it varies in charges from sexual assault to statutory rape.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:58am
Arceus:

Um no not really.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:38pm
Arceus:

the legal sex age, was created to protect children,
va?
Geek
va?
May 24th, 2007 at 11:02am
in Sweden the legal sex age is 15
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 24th, 2007 at 12:19pm
da_principal_is_high:

Up Brilliant.
St. Dude
St. Dude
May 24th, 2007 at 04:17pm
in Ohio, the legal sex age is 16
ree-ee-annan
ree-ee-annan
May 25th, 2007 at 09:23am
Its 16 here. (UK)

I think 16 is too young to be honest. So does my mum.

Teenagers over here treat losing their viginity like buying a new top or something.

It doesnt matter if you lose it when your below the age of consent, because they feel ready.

your still a child at ages below 18, not matter how old you feel.

but yeah, i think it should be highered to 18.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2007 at 03:59pm
Rhiannan---x:
Its 16 here. (UK)

Teenagers over here treat losing their viginity like buying a new top or something.

It doesnt matter if you lose it when your below the age of consent, because they feel ready.

And how exactly will raising the age change anything? Its higher in other countries, and kids are still losing their virginity at young ages. Altering the law probably wouldn't change the attitude of teenagers.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:29pm
Kurtni:
Rhiannan---x:
Its 16 here. (UK)

And how exactly will raising the age change anything? Its higher in other countries, and kids are still losing their virginity at young ages. Altering the law probably wouldn't change the attitude of teenagers.
It only means that more kids will be breaking laws.

Having under age sex seems more like a rebellious thing to do than an act of maturity. Which I think makes a lot of sense because for the most part, the mature people abide the sex laws more so than the radicals. Again, put this in the context of Freudian analysis, we are deprived from fornication when ever we want during potty training, we are deprived from gluttonous acts like eatting too much as a young kid, and as teenagers we are deprived yet again from acts of lust. These repressions on our desires result in a more 'anal' personality, and well, nobody likes being an ass, so we break these rules, or at least the last one.

In proper behaviour manuals from the 13th centuary, you see such things as 'It is impolite to soil one's self,' and stuff like that, as if it is expected, but frowned upon. Up till the 17th century, this is aboliseh from the books as it is unheard of anymore and replaced with, 'Try not to eat other's food'. And now we're not supposed to be having sex until special people in big offices say we can.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:31pm
Rhiannan---x:

I think that is a very ageist remark. There are many children forced to mature at a young age and they act more senisbly than your definition of an 'adult'.
Lolli
Jackass
Lolli
May 29th, 2007 at 07:13am
Here in the UK its 16.
I think it should be 21.
Because thats when you stop growing and you reach your top maturity.
Children here are losing there virginity at arounf 9! (with 9 year olds)
But its just sick.
I'm a proud virgin.
I hope to never be lured into peer presure.
It just sucks.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2007 at 10:54am
Orangelike.darkness:
Here in the UK its 16.
I think it should be 21.
But its just sick.
I'm a proud virgin.
It just sucks.

You usually stop growing around 16-18... the vast majority of people are done growing before they're 21. I think I'm missing something here, because something about the age 21 must be magic, I mean, why would someone instantly be mature at 21 if they weren't when they were 20? Why is it so different? Have you seen some of the college kids on those televised spring break parties? Not exactly my idea of mature. I don't think you can base maturity off of age.
St. Dude
St. Dude
June 2nd, 2007 at 05:03am
Dude, I think it should be raised to 18 or 21. It shouldn't be legal if your in 10th grade and PREGNANT!
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 3rd, 2007 at 09:16am
Kurtni:
Orangelike.darkness:
Here in the UK its 16.
I think it should be 21.
But its just sick.
I'm a proud virgin.
It just sucks.

You usually stop growing around 16-18... the vast majority of people are done growing before they're 21. I think I'm missing something here, because something about the age 21 must be magic, I mean, why would someone instantly be mature at 21 if they weren't when they were 20? Why is it so different? Have you seen some of the college kids on those televised spring break parties? Not exactly my idea of mature. I don't think you can base maturity off of age.

I stopped when I was like, 14 or 15, it was a v. sad moment for me when I realised I hadn't gained height for at least a year ;_;

But yeah, I agree! I mean, I know people who are past this magic age of 21, and yet are much more immature than myself, and I know a lot of people younger than me, who are really mature. I know a three year old who can engage in interesting (and intelligent!) conversation.

And in regards to Orangelike.darkness, this isn't about what kids should or shouldn't be doing. Do you think they're going to stop doing it just because they shouldn't be doing it? Half the thrill is because you know you shouldn't be doing it. The legal sex age is there to convict peadophiles, and my apologies if I spelt that wrong, I can't be bothered to go to dictionary.com. Do you really think that making the legal sex age higher is going to change anything? Do you think it's going to make kids think "oh hay wait sorry dude can't have sex, I'm not 21!" If you're in that position, you're not going to be all "Oh wait, maybe I should hold off, I haven't yet reached the legal age". You're just going to go for it.

Besides, 21 is a rediculous age, teenagers are horny.

St. Dude:
Dude, I think it should be raised to 18 or 21. It shouldn't be legal if your in 10th grade and PREGNANT!

And how do you propose they make it illegal? How will they stop them?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:02am
da_principal_is_high:
The Danish legal sex age was just changed to 16. It used to be 15, too. It doesn't make any difference, though, unless you were raped.
A boy I know who's 15 had a girlfriend aged 12 and they had sex. People here see that as wrong, though. It all depends on how mature the majority judges you as. I think 14 is the age where it's fully okay for people to have sex, here. If you haven't had sex as a 17-year-old, though, it's "probably because noone likes her/him."
St. Dude
St. Dude
June 5th, 2007 at 02:53am
Plug In Baby:
And how do propose they make it legal? How will they stop them?
Good Question. I guess you can write to the president/leader of your country and propose to make it law that "You can't have sex below the age of 18." Though I got a feeling that it won't be passed to be a law, so I guess the current legal sex age is gonna stay for now.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 02:52pm
According to an article I read in a credible magazine called "The Week", teens over here are starting to see loss of virginity as a status symbol. You're cool because you have n number of exboyfriends or exgirlfriends. A lot of kids get pressured into asking people out because all their friends do.

And if within a year or two of being with someone, you don't "go all the way", you're not cool anymore. So you either actually do it, or you lie about it. Or you could just be sensible and not tell your friends about your sex life, but whatever. So in light of the recent idiotic laws passed here, I'd say this is not going well.

But what do I know.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
June 6th, 2007 at 02:02am
Apparently the legal sex age here is considered to be 17, but when you turn 18 you can only have sexual relations with someone 2 years older.

These laws don't work at all. Sexual relations are a private thing - most of the time - and it's not like anyone is going to make themselves visible to authorities that they're commiting statutory rape or underage sex. No one is that stupid...well let's hope so. I don't know any minor - personally, meaning people I go to school with, etc - who has abided by that law during this day and age. It's seems to commonplace for young kids (as young as 9) to be having sex, that soon it will become accpetable. If society accepts something, it becomes acceptable. And the majority of the teenage society accepts this.
Register