Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
xstarry_nightsx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xstarry_nightsx
April 19th, 2007 at 06:27pm
Just to say, I didn't tell anybody not to have sex. But, if you are going to then it's your own decision so you should know that it is what you want to do, and have the responsibility of your actions. I was just stating my opinion, and as this is a discussion I would have thought thats what I should do.
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 11:14am
Yes, but the fact remains that once you choose to have sex with a long term partner, you don't just have sex because you feel particularly in-love that night. You do it cuz it feels gooooood.

Okay, so, I don't exactly have any experience in that area but my words bode true.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 02:09pm
lyrical_mess:
Yes, but the fact remains that once you choose to have sex with a long term partner, you don't just have sex because you feel particularly in-love that night. You do it cuz it feels gooooood.

Okay, so, I don't exactly have any experience in that area but my words bode true.
Yeah, you're right.

Pleanty of sexually active couples will go through a period towards the end of their relationship where there is lots of 'sympathy sex'. One of them is planning to dump the other and only wants them to be alright and sympathises for them and do tries to make them feel good. They're not in love, it's just one feeling sorry for the other.
Rectophobia Rachel
Geek
Rectophobia Rachel
April 22nd, 2007 at 09:29am
Ughh. I need to move out of the country. My "friend" is 21. We want to bumbum it up, but noo.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 22nd, 2007 at 10:29am
Rectophobia Rachel:
Ughh. I need to move out of the country. My "friend" is 21. We want to bumbum it up, but noo.

just by you saying "we want to burnburn it up" make me think perhaps your not old enough to have such a relationship!!
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 23rd, 2007 at 10:35pm
Rectophobia Rachel:

If your parents approve your relationship, you can have sexual relations, right?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 24th, 2007 at 12:47pm
Cecilia:
Rectophobia Rachel:

If your parents approve your relationship, you can have sexual relations, right?

nope, not in Uk, you have to be 16 to have a sexual relationship!! In fact in some cases the man can be done for rape of a minor,
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 02:28pm
Lucifers Angel:
Cecilia:
Rectophobia Rachel:

nope, not in Uk, you have to be 16 to have a sexual relationship!! In fact in some cases the man can be done for rape of a minor,

Actually, I'm sure that if both people consent, and the parents do as well, then its legal.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2007 at 02:49pm
Tom's Chin.:
Actually, I'm sure that if both people consent, and the parents do as well, then its legal.

Upon doing some research, I'm pretty sure the law is 16 for consensual sex (for England). And the age of consent is the age that you can consent, and not before.

It says so here, anyway. And you can read the law itself here, but its pretty long and boring. Section 9 says something vaguely relevant, if you want to check it out.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 24th, 2007 at 05:08pm
Tom's Chin.:
Lucifers Angel:
Cecilia:
Rectophobia Rachel:

Yeah, that's what I mean.
If your parents are ok with it, then it's ok.
Police officers won't come knock at your door like "You're under 16 and having sexual relations?... HANDS DOWN! HANDS DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!"

But if your parents disapprove the relationship, then they can go to the police and tell them that their minor child is having sex.

At least that's how it works here, I don't know for the other countries.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 25th, 2007 at 02:50pm
Cecilia:
Tom's Chin.:
Lucifers Angel:
Cecilia:
Rectophobia Rachel:

Yeah, that's what I mean.
If your parents are ok with it, then it's ok.
Police officers won't come knock at your door like "You're under 16 and having sexual relations?... HANDS DOWN! HANDS DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!"

But if your parents disapprove the relationship, then they can go to the police and tell them that their minor child is having sex.

At least that's how it works here, I don't know for the other countries.

actually i knew a couple that were 14 and were having sex with parents consent and the perents were prosecuted!! (and rightfully so aswell) what goes throuhg your mum and dads minds to say "yes ok sweety you and timmy can have sex at 14??
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2007 at 03:18pm
I don't know.
One would think that if your parents agree, and your girl/boyfriend won't get persecuted for some act of paedophillia, then you've shown enough maturity by actually discussing it with your parents anyway. I mean, honestly, that takes a lot. If you're prepared to do that, I think you are ready for sex.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
April 25th, 2007 at 05:33pm
Lucifers Angel:
actually i knew a couple that were 14 and were having sex with parents consent and the perents were prosecuted!! (and rightfully so aswell) what goes throuhg your mum and dads minds to say "yes ok sweety you and timmy can have sex at 14??

Then who told the police about that if both parents were ok?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 25th, 2007 at 06:27pm
Lucifers Angel:

I guess it depends on your country, because in the US if your parents give you consent, you're good.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 26th, 2007 at 06:08am
Lucifers Angel:

The thoughts that go through parents minds' when they allow their 14 year old daughter to start screwing is either they don't care, or they reconise that their daughter is getting older and are willing to let her enjoy life more. They trust her and know that she's not stupid and they support her discision because they love her. My parents were not liberals, they weren't stupid, and they certainly didn't not care for me, but they did love me.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
April 27th, 2007 at 03:16pm
Anji:
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!:
Anji:
I think it's more fun for the rapist though.
Uh...duh!

"I'm sure rape is fun but we all know it's bad."

That's exactly what you said. You made it sound like it's fun all around.
Well, I'm sure the people with common sense understood what I was saying.

It looks as if you're saying I don't have commen sense. I'm not 100% sure that's what you're saying. What I am 100% sure about is that you do not know me so you have no right to judge me. Stop being so rude.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 28th, 2007 at 11:16am
Anji:
Anji:
I think it's more fun for the rapist though.
Uh...duh!

"I'm sure rape is fun but we all know it's bad."

That's exactly what you said. You made it sound like it's fun all around.
Well, I'm sure the people with common sense understood what I was saying.

It looks as if you're saying I don't have commen sense. I'm not 100% sure that's what you're saying. What I am 100% sure about is that you do not know me so you have no right to judge me. Stop being so rude.
I have the right to judge what your saying. And is does make no sense. I'm not being rude, merely honest.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2007 at 02:52pm
I have an interesting addition.

India abolished the legal sex age. Previously, it was 18. Now there is no legal sex age. Free love, yo.

Parents have an issue with this, because they don't want their children to think that they can handle the responsibility of sexual relations at school level. Remember, India is seriously conservative in some ways. And there's a serious lack of good, informative sex education. And some people are worried that boys will take advantage of girls now, because the rule is that its legal if both parties consent. There's no way to show that a girl did not consent fully and was pressured/ forced into it.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
May 6th, 2007 at 02:58pm
I am just...not happy about this now.

India does not have a good system of sex education. I'm scared. We have the highest AIDS transmission rate. It's going to skyrocket. Our population is already a huge issue. What's going to happen now?

WTF. I am really pissed off. I didn't think they'd do something like this so early on. I was thinking at least 10 years before lowering the sex age!
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 03:22pm
lyrical_mess:
I am just...not happy about this now.

India does not have a good system of sex education. I'm scared. We have the highest AIDS transmission rate. It's going to skyrocket. Our population is already a huge issue. What's going to happen now?

WTF. I am really pissed off. I didn't think they'd do something like this so early on. I was thinking at least 10 years before lowering the sex age!
Just out of curiosity, I have hearded many other of my Indian friends about their point of views, and I'm sure in India, you're getting a lot of coverage on this, but did you think that Richard Gere's kiss was in bad taste towards local conservative views.

(I might post some letters published in our local newspaper here about this issue, there's this hilarious on going debate with some Indian lady and some other guy and their letters are getting published everyday and they keep refferring to eachother. It really is quite amusing.)
Register