Legal sex age

AuthorMessage
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 9th, 2010 at 04:37pm
I am in 9th grade, and am just now learning sex ed.
I think the blocks they put on what you can teach on the topic of sex is rubbish,
Kids can't be safe and protect themselfs,
If you don't tell them..
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 15th, 2010 at 05:17pm
^ yeah I agree, some places dont teach sex ed at all, or they teach very basic medical facts. Preaching abstinence is completely useless imo. If two kids want to have sex, they will. They should at least be safe and educated. And teaching it is not going to make all the others do it just cause they know.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 15th, 2010 at 05:35pm
^Exactly, I think it would help with the spread of STD's and young pregnacys,
If they at least were educated..
It's pathetic they set boundries, and sad that some kids really don't know, and get into situations.
ZukoAlone
Idiot
ZukoAlone
January 16th, 2010 at 01:40am
^ helped against* the spread of STDs and pregnancy D;

I think they should teach sex ed. thoroughly and not shield kids away from it, its just ends up hurting the kids.
AND AFTER
they teach sex ed. thoroughly, they should also say a few words about abstinence.
Everything full circle.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2010 at 12:59pm
^ Thanks,

And yes,
I agree.
Heck just the cycle of how a baby form and all those pictures, I don't even want a kid, lol.
I don't think that teaching will make kids go out and do it,
If anything, it may disgust them and cause them to not....maybe..
The D-Cup Wonder!!
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
February 18th, 2010 at 07:07pm
Alberta, Canada:

Age of consent-
14- providing the partner is no more than 2 years older (16) and the younger doesn't have dependence on them (such as provision of shelter or food)
16- provided the partner is no more than 2 years older or younger (14-18 ) and neither have dependence
18- have sex with anyone, as long as they're not younger than 16.

I think it's kind of messed up and confusing, but we're also allowed to buy/have contraceptives at 14, so that's kind of convienent.

Personally, I had no interest in sex with anyone when I was 14. I was too much into Edgar Allen Poe at that point. O.o;;

I don't know of any specifications like "gay people can't have sex until 18", they pretty much are counted in with the straight people for the laws.
The D-Cup Wonder!!
The D-Cup Wonder!!

Mibba
February 18th, 2010 at 07:11pm
:/
Daydream-believer
Jackass
Daydream-believer
March 3rd, 2010 at 01:37pm
i think they should raise the legal sex age in england to 18 because all the people thinking they are 'cool' would loose it at 16 or 17 instead of 14 and 15
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 15th, 2011 at 12:49pm
The legal age here I believe is 14, but there is no way that anyone can inforce that law. I don't even think people even think about that. The only time I can see it being used is if someone over the age of 18 is having sex with like a 13 year old.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 16th, 2011 at 08:40am
i think it's 15 here, but really, i think people just lose it when they feel like it, which is about the time they start drinking and going out, which i think is usually around 13 or 14. But it's really up to the person, here. But i think boys reeally feel the need to "get it out of the way", maybe because they feel like it's expected of them, where girls are more like, it's expected of them if they have a boyfriend, and usually not until then.
ColieAnne91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ColieAnne91
January 18th, 2011 at 06:02pm
I really think there is no right age to have sex it is just when you are ready but I do believe any younger than 16 or 15 is ridiculous cause they are still kids. How do they know anything if they have not yet experienced well anything.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 06:08pm
ColieAnne91:
I really think there is no right age to have sex it is just when you are ready but I do believe any younger than 16 or 15 is ridiculous cause they are still kids. How do they know anything if they have not yet experienced well anything.
i disagree with the age
if you are ready then you are ready
some people mature faster than others. if you really feel you love someone and want to share something so intimate with them then age shouldn't matter
ColieAnne91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
ColieAnne91
January 18th, 2011 at 06:35pm
JakubHogarddd:
ColieAnne91:
i disagree with the age
if you are ready then you are ready
some people mature faster than others. if you really feel you love someone and want to share something so intimate with them then age shouldn't matter

But a really young age does matter.
A 14 year old may think she is in love with someone & ready to share that moment but in reality more than likely this is her first love & she just wants to make sure he stays or wants to be cool.
She has lived enough of her life to know if he is her one love or that he is the one.
I just dont want little girls who have yet to even grow into their bodies giving it to someone else. I believe they will regret it.
An old friend of mine was 14. She thought she knew it all. She acted like she did & had been through a lot of stuff but she should never had done it. She does not know this guy that much & she had a kid at 16 with another guy.
I grew up with 7 girls in elementary school. We all split about the 10th grade.
Out of these 7 girls myself included only 3 of us waited till we were at least 16.
The others about 14. Those 4 that did not wait all have kids.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 06:39pm
i had sex when i was 14 years old
i was with the guy for 2 years
we used protection and were very safe about it
you friend was obviously just stupid and didn't use proper protection
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 06:39pm
I just don't think it's safe for kids to be having sex at a younger age because of pregnancy. Like, even if you use protection, there's always the chance it doesn't work, and in that case, a 13-14 year old girls' body is not prepared for a baby. Anatomically, their hips are often barely wide enough to birth a kid without complications.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 07:01pm
which is why sex ed. is important.

because kids are gonna have sex either way, it's better to tell them exactly how it works and what to use.
if they're taught about sex at around 13-14, when hormones start raging and shit, so they can know what they're setting themselves up for. I also believe that it's really important to tell these teenagers about how it's important to stay safe and stuff, and only do it because you want to and feel safe around the person, so it's not just a "aww, but i think you're so pretty, and i'll totally pull out in time, my cousin told me about it" shit.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 07:02pm
ocean avenue:
which is why sex ed. is important.

because kids are gonna have sex either way, it's better to tell them exactly how it works and what to use.
agreed! i took sex ed seriously Laughing
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 07:04pm
well even if you don't take it seriously, you're informed and not just like "oh crap, if i sit on a toilet-seat, i'll get pregnant or get chlamydia and aids and dieeeee"
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 07:06pm
where i live we started sex ed in grade 5
i just think that the chance is pretty low to get pregnant if you are using birth control and condoms
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 18th, 2011 at 10:40pm
I say wait 'til marriage, it's the right thing.
But I also laugh in my own face when I say that.
Cause I know few kids will.

It's sad ;/
Register