Sexuality

AuthorMessage
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
November 16th, 2005 at 09:00am
here is something to think about
The word gay in old english means happy
The same thing in french with the word gai.

but why are people making all this fuss about gays...let them be and why are people always telling other people what to do.
Its much more usefull if you improve your own way of living instead of critisising every one elses.
extraordinarywhatshername
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
extraordinarywhatshername
November 16th, 2005 at 04:43pm
there shouldnt be anything wrong with it. really pisses me off when people say that it isnt "right" cuz in the end what it right??
people should be alowed to live their lifes how they want to, it aint like theyre hurting anyone.
Dimebag Dan \m/
Geek
Dimebag Dan \m/
November 16th, 2005 at 07:12pm
Yeah Gay people are still people they deserve the same rights and not to be discriminated against but a lot of people are narrow minded and d care what kinda of damage they do its liek bullying its like now u cant even live ur life as ur self no more cus all the "normal" people will discriminate and be prejudiced against people who are different. IN my opinion discrimination is a bunch of B.S what is the point of discrimination just because people are different and they dont think the same doesnt mean u can keep dissing them its like these people wouldnt like against them so y do they do it people are so stupid i respect everyone's life choices i couldnt give a shit if ur gay dtraight bi i'll still be ur friend or race or gender i guess its cus im not narrow minded
ITSallGREENfromHERE
Geek
ITSallGREENfromHERE
November 16th, 2005 at 08:41pm
well i live in a redneck town made up of homophobes yet like 70% of my skool says they r gay or bi so figure that one out...sum ppl do it to b "kool" and other really just fall in love with ppl of their sex...it happenes...ppl need to b opened minded and get over it...
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
November 17th, 2005 at 12:33am
I think being gay is just as good or bad as being straight. I don't see them as being "evil" because I have gay friends and I guess I just understand. And, I think religions say that it's "evil" because they don't think it's "normal". It pisses me off, overall.
Baguelle
Baguelle
November 17th, 2005 at 12:35am
I agree 100% with Dan_1039 \m/.
No. Don't Do It...Please?
Idiot
No. Don't Do It...Please?
November 18th, 2005 at 10:54am
THERE (oops) there is nothing wrong with being homosexual nothing at all. i mean most of my friends are gay lesbian or bi, im bi theres nothing wrong with that and if someone has a problem with that they can go fuck themselves because they obviously have no idea what its like o consider anything but themselves
Cemetry
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Cemetry
November 18th, 2005 at 11:36am
In my opinion, it's pathetic that we have to talk about such a topic nowadays. Everybody calls themselves open-minded and tolerant but there are still people who believe that something like homosexuality is wrong. But, there's nothing wrong with being gay ...

Homophobia and racism are both things we shouldn't have to talk about because they should have disappeared ...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
November 18th, 2005 at 11:38am
it's mostly the religious people who think that. and that's because their religion tells them it's wrong. other than that i only know a few non religious people who think only marriage is wrong for gays.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 18th, 2005 at 12:19pm
GreenDayIsBetter:
it's mostly the religious people who think that. and that's because their religion tells them it's wrong. other than that i only know a few non religious people who think only marriage is wrong for gays.

thats judgemental, what proof do you have of this.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
November 18th, 2005 at 12:41pm
what do you mean proof? i said of people that I KNOW. therefore i need no proof.. that's not saying everyone is like that.. it's just of people that i know it's usually the religious ones that say it's wrong because of their religion. and i do know a few non religious people who don't mind gay people but think it's wrong for them to get married.. so uh.. not sure where i'm being judgmental......
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 18th, 2005 at 01:25pm
I wouldn't say that it was only religious people who are anti-homosexuals. Its just the main religions are better represented and their views more widely publicised than those of your average atheist or agnostic, if you get what i mean.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 18th, 2005 at 06:58pm
I think you all are WAAAAAAAAAAAY off
you all are worse than religious people, you descriminate against, put words in their mouth, AND change what they believe into a hate crime

since I'm a Christian, I know that the Bible says homosexuality (the sex, not the thought) is a sin, and therfore they shouldn't marry

it also says, "love your fellow brothers, lead a homosexual to the light for the are not the enemies, they are victims of the enemies"

as long as they don't have gay sex religious people shouldn't see anything wrong with it because the Bible says not to

Christians see being born bi/homosexual as a temptation, like being born strong and an outcast: just because you can doesn't mean you should

so there's no descrimination there, if there is it is with that person not the religion

so PLEASE, quit being a Michael Moore wannabe asshole who wants to use religion as a scapegoat and blame it and attack it, it really makes me want to hit you all
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
November 19th, 2005 at 04:21am
GreenDayIsBetter:
what do you mean proof? i said of people that I KNOW. therefore i need no proof.. that's not saying everyone is like that.. it's just of people that i know it's usually the religious ones that say it's wrong because of their religion. and i do know a few non religious people who don't mind gay people but think it's wrong for them to get married.. so uh.. not sure where i'm being judgmental......

you said you know people who are non religious who think that.

but your sentence is ''It's mostly religious people who think that, and thats because their religion tells them it's wrong.''

there's no reference to people you know, believing me to think your being judgemental of a wider group. You then go on to say that you know people who are non- religious, if this isn't what you meant to say, i suggest you structure your sentences better.

your always need proof when making an opinion, or else it becomes unfounded.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 02:19pm
I'd have to say I agree with the main message of spill's post...however, here's what got me:
spill_no_sick:
so there's no descrimination there, if there is it is with that person not the religion

This is the only thing wrong with your argument, Nick..I see something wrong with it because I hear so very, very often here in the D-Rock that "gay sex is a sin because the Bible says so." The Bible really gives most homophobes I know a reason to be homophobic. If the Bible had no problem with it, they'd be without an argument that actually works, such as "It's icky." Well, only to you. But the Bible takes those sentiments and gives them legitimacy; when people who have given themselves a good distance from the Bible ask people "Why is being gay bad?" the answer is pretty much invariably "Because God says so." I could go on about how I fume about the statement "God/Jesus/The Bible said so," but I won't; here is not the place.

spill_no_sick:
so PLEASE, quit being a Michael Moore wannabe asshole who wants to use religion as a scapegoat and blame it and attack it, it really makes me want to hit you all

Christ on a bike, man, enough with the Moore bashing! We get it, you don't like him. I'm going to say he's not a good source of balanced info; I still admire him for doing his homework. He may be an entertainer, but enough of the "all entertainers give crappy info" shiznit. Al Franken was formerly on SNL and he wrote one of the first politics books I ever read, meticulously researched. The fact that entertainers are usually opinioated does not diminish their standing as intelligent and able to research. What does diminish their standing is if they lie, like Sean Hannity. So move the hell on from Moore; you don't like him, fine, but quit using his name as a synonym for prick.
Baguelle
Baguelle
November 19th, 2005 at 02:55pm
dirtyhippie:
I'd have to say I agree with the main message of spill's post...however, here's what got me:
spill_no_sick:

This is the only thing wrong with your argument, Nick..I see something wrong with it because I hear so very, very often here in the D-Rock that "gay sex is a sin because the Bible says so." The Bible really gives most homophobes I know a reason to be homophobic. If the Bible had no problem with it, they'd be without an argument that actually works, such as "It's icky." Well, only to you. But the Bible takes those sentiments and gives them legitimacy; when people who have given themselves a good distance from the Bible ask people "Why is being gay bad?" the answer is pretty much invariably "Because God says so." I could go on about how I fume about the statement "God/Jesus/The Bible said so," but I won't; here is not the place.

spill_no_sick:

Christ on a bike, man, enough with the Moore bashing! We get it, you don't like him. I'm going to say he's not a good source of balanced info; I still admire him for doing his homework. He may be an entertainer, but enough of the "all entertainers give crappy info" shiznit. Al Franken was formerly on SNL and he wrote one of the first politics books I ever read, meticulously researched. The fact that entertainers are usually opinioated does not diminish their standing as intelligent and able to research. What does diminish their standing is if they lie, like Sean Hannity. So move the hell on from Moore; you don't like him, fine, but quit using his name as a synonym for prick.
I agree. Very good words said.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 02:57pm
Gracias, mi amiga. That is one of the only things that annoys me about Nick; he's a pleasure to debate with, but then he jumps all over people who try to get their point of view out there. That and he cuts people down by crying "Propaganda!" but that's another story.
Baguelle
Baguelle
November 19th, 2005 at 03:03pm
dirtyhippie:
Gracias, mi amiga. That is one of the only things that annoys me about Nick; he's a pleasure to debate with, but then he jumps all over people who try to get their point of view out there. That and he cuts people down by crying "Propaganda!" but that's another story.
*hugs*
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 03:04pm
Huzzah! A hug.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 19th, 2005 at 03:05pm
*hugs again*
Register