Sexuality

AuthorMessage
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 4th, 2005 at 04:04pm
....People can be gay if they want.......no skin off my nose.....

................but what really gets me is the Gay Pride brigade............

.....be gay by all means...........I just don't want it flaunted in my face

H-F-P-R
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 4th, 2005 at 04:25pm
spill_no_sick:

the whole part about "the turn the other cheek religion" is the most violent source of war was propaganda

I would say most war is sold to the people through the use of propaganda, since otherwise the peple would begin to question it. All right, carry on.
spill_no_sick:
#1 almost everyone back then was the same religion, so even if you weren't you said you were...it was taboo not to be back then, so you took the religioud status out of context

That's a pretty big generalization. In the time of the Crusades, religion was separated into areas, yes; Europe was essentially all Christian, etc. This is correct. However, this is far from saying everyone was one religion. Europe was waging war on the Arabian area of the world, which was just about completely Muslim. Since we have "Christians" trying to take the "holy land" back from "Muslims," I'm of the opinion that that's a "holy war" ased a good deal on "religion." I never really tought it was possible to overplay the role of religion in the Crusades...
spill_no_sick:
#2 the war wasn't about only religion, The Crusades were from a part of the world fed up with other parts of the world
it's not like now where we can have all the world leaders in the same building in less than an hour, they didn't have what we have now, they could only use war as a successful way of sorting things out: cooperation is much harder than people make it seem

Wait. SO the medieval Europeans were intolerant; this I can see pretty much. But I don't believe that war was their only solution, and not the one that was used all the time to "sort things out." The only part of that I will concede is that they used war a little more liberally than I would prefer, from a modern perspective...but they didn't always use war to sort everything out.
spill_no_sick:
#3 you fucking used that one dude to back up your facts! you used your class in school to back up your facts!
remember in Elementary School where Columbus was made to look like a hero? well in High School you're taught he was Satan...never use a text book as solid facts, text books are biased to the morals that we as a society want in a text book
we want everyone to think that Christians are gay bashers and all drugs are horible....text books should not be trusted without at least two more reliable sources
never put any "facts" in that have a biased spin: I will catch them and thrash you for it, I'm sure our friend would have told you that

Oh, I found out you don't like sources that you see as biased from reading your posts, she didn't have to tell me that. But there's one problem with bashing me for using a textbook: Gonick's books aren't. I rarely use my textbook as a reasource because, yes, it can be biased, but it also makes history (which I happen to enjoy very much) dull and uninteresting. Gonick writes based on personal research, andhe writes a straight up-and-up history book that does not leave out the "unsuitable for children" stuff as some texts do. I use my Global HISTORY teacher who knows history pretty much better than the textbook...(If you're reading this, paradoxical, it's Falzoi, not Luxen. She sucks.)

Also, Columbus was a terrible person...I did some researching back in 8th grade for a poster and he was the biggest prick you'll ever hear of.

spill_no_sick:
one of the big things with this forum is that it's thought out using logic, not emotion, we're not writing persuasive letters, we're giving our opinions and support for our opinions, I think that's a better system than everyone force feeding eachother crap to persuade them to change their opinions, don't you think?

I do, in fact, agree with that statement. But logic does not rule out emotion; you can be perfectly logical while speaking emotionally. Also, writing opinions does NOT rule out persuasiveness. You can do both at once! And while it's good to chide people who come in here and "force feed each other crap" (which is yucky), as long as they provide the proper support and logic for their crap, as long as they can prove where their crap is coming from, I welcome them. Peace out.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
November 4th, 2005 at 09:49pm
no, I believe you leave emotion out of it
explain logically what it is
like, I should be biased against The Black Panthers since I'm white, but I think logically and say "they're morally wrong, but they're an orginazation and I respect that"

I completely left out the fact that I'm white and I hate them....
use logic, no emotion, emotion is for a different board
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
November 5th, 2005 at 01:09am
I dont care if people are gay. just be gay. thats not my business.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
November 5th, 2005 at 03:31am
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker:

H-F-P-R
^_^ I like brigades. I think it's very good to be open about it.
Hiding in the closet is no fun, Closets are for clothes.
Cool
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
November 5th, 2005 at 03:33am
x[Nine_Inch_Nails]x:
Well if you don't see how boys like boys, or girls like girls, maybe they can't see why girls like boys, and boys like girls.
-gives cookie-
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 06:36am
TreIsCool32:
x[Nine_Inch_Nails]x:
Well if you don't see how boys like boys, or girls like girls, maybe they can't see why girls like boys, and boys like girls.
-gives cookie-

Thank you!! *Eats* Mmmmm!!
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 5th, 2005 at 02:25pm
spill_no_sick:
no, I believe you leave emotion out of it
explain logically what it is
like, I should be biased against The Black Panthers since I'm white, but I think logically and say "they're morally wrong, but they're an orginazation and I respect that"

I completely left out the fact that I'm white and I hate them....
use logic, no emotion, emotion is for a different board

So essentially what you're saying is, this board is like Spock...? Not that Spock wasn't THE most kickass character on Star Trek, but I still don't think that logic excludes emotion.

Take your example, for example. (...Boy, I am just the master of the English language, aren't I?) You can say both your statements: A) You hate the Panthers because (quote) "I'm white" and "they're morally wrong" and B) You respect them for being organized (or whatever, i'm not too clear on your respect for Panthers, but whatever. We could have us a Panther debate, but now's not the time).

The thing is, you can say both your statements, and if you say it right, not have your opinion pose any threat to the stability of your argument. It's still a logical argument if you say "Personally, I hate the Panthers, but I respect their opinion and their organiation." Or whatever you respect about them. Emotion doesn't need to affect logic; sometimes it does, and we chide the people for doing it here. But you can use emotion and still be logical.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 02:27pm
I think we should use emote language.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 02:28pm
I mean, for me, my opinions are usually based around my emotions. So how am I meant to give an opinion if I don't use emotion?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
November 5th, 2005 at 02:31pm
TreIsCool32:
x[Nine_Inch_Nails]x:
-gives cookie-
its just people grew up with the fact that a man and a woman would be together. I mean there are I think more children are growing up with a mom and dad, rather than a dad and a dad [ mom & mom] So them being taught which should be and shouldnt. I dont believe i make sense but I tried. -.-
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 02:33pm
Yeah you made sense. And it's true. People living with a female and male is the norm...and society can't seem to cope with anything that's different.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 5th, 2005 at 02:34pm
Nine: Well, I wouldn't go about basing all your opinions on emotions. Emotions change constantly, especially now. At least do a little research before you make your stance official...you don't want to be like Kerry, who seemed to be working on all emotion.

Emotion is fine, everyone, but back it up with logic. That's my opinion, and I'm emotional about it, but it's pretty logical.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 02:39pm
dirtyhippie:
Nine: Well, I wouldn't go about basing all your opinions on emotions. Emotions change constantly, especially now. At least do a little research before you make your stance official...you don't want to be like Kerry, who seemed to be working on all emotion.

Emotion is fine, everyone, but back it up with logic. That's my opinion, and I'm emotional about it, but it's pretty logical.

I base my opinions on emotions. But I use logic too. I don't know if I'm making sense. Basically, I do use facts and logic, but I use my emotions too. Best of both worlds.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 5th, 2005 at 02:43pm
Good job, good job...just making sure. Carry on, my wayward son!
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 5th, 2005 at 02:49pm
TreIsCool32:

H-F-P-R
Cool

........just get on my nerves, personally....

H-F-P-R
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 5th, 2005 at 02:57pm
dirtyhippie:
Good job, good job...just making sure. Carry on, my wayward son!

Shocked Son! Son! lmfao "I'm a boy...I'm a reeal boy!" lmfao
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
November 5th, 2005 at 03:56pm
TreIsCool32:

H-F-P-R
Cool

........just get on my nerves, personally....

H-F-P-R
If you're not gay ignore it. Simple.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
November 5th, 2005 at 03:59pm
Sheepo@_@:
TreIsCool32:
x[Nine_Inch_Nails]x:
-gives cookie-
its just people grew up with the fact that a man and a woman would be together. I mean there are I think more children are growing up with a mom and dad, rather than a dad and a dad [ mom & mom] So them being taught which should be and shouldnt. I dont believe i make sense but I tried. -.-
I mean, Does it matter?
As long as you're caring for the child it doesn't matter what sex the two people are.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
November 5th, 2005 at 04:15pm
i never said there was anything wrong with that.
Register