Bush Hate, Inspired By Green Day?

AuthorMessage
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 01:02am
I'll write this now and go back and read what all's new above me when I'm done.

Abortion
I'm pro-choice. I am this because I am a woman and I should have the right as to what happens to my body. I don't need a man thinking he should try to protect me from my own choices, decisions and consequences because he has a penis. My mother taught me to be proud of being a woman and nobody should make me feel ashamed about it. By willingly putting down my right to have an abortion, regardless of the situation, I am loosing a piece of my womanhood. If it is banned again, it will be just like the 60s and 70s with more deaths from illegal abortions because people will resort to back alley dirty medical clinics. Dirty Dancing anyone if you need a visual?

Gay Marriage
I actually discussed this with my history professor. I don't necessarily think gay marriage is right, but I think there is a compromise. Marriage is holy and sanctied by the church and I think it should stay that way. However, all the gays want is to be able to take care of their partner through their insurance if something happened to them and jsut to be recongized as a couple. There's nothing wrong with a union between them. They're more successful than the straights when it comes to relationships, maybe we should take tips.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
July 12th, 2006 at 01:04am
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Pickle:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Annie In Your Coffeemaker:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
I agree with them.
Although I felt against him post-AI, the album helped me become more free with my views and able to speak with people about them.
Sure I dislike people who dislike Bush.

These are the people who were making fun of me when he was popular.
That I find annoying.

I also find it anoying when people belive everything the leader says.
Just because he's the leader doesn't mean he's omnipinent.

Bush is in no means God.
Unless of course it comes to the troops, with causes me to make a stand against him. Since my uncle is in the army, he was sent to Iraq. I personally belive they were bvery underprepared and could have better gear and training.

Although I do agree with him on some points, I do disagree with him on most.

So cha' o__o.
I'm done =D?

I never said he was God. I know he makes mistakes and I know he isn't the best president ever. But I agree with most of what he says.

Like?

I agree with the war, him being against gay marriage, anti-abortion, death penalty.

Yay. But that's not anything. That's your opinion. Why is that good?

We are getting rid of what terrorists and helping a country in need(we have to start somewhere), Gay marriage is against my religion and I just don't agree with it. The same goes for abortion(killing an innocent human being who never had a chance is ridiculous). The death penalty is getting rid of all those bad guys that deserve to die.
So killing a baby is bad but killing a man is okay?
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 01:04am
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Pickle:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
I agree with them.
Although I felt against him post-AI, the album helped me become more free with my views and able to speak with people about them.

That I find annoying.

Bush is in no means God.
Unless of course it comes to the troops, with causes me to make a stand against him. Since my uncle is in the army, he was sent to Iraq. I personally belive they were bvery underprepared and could have better gear and training.

So cha' o__o.
I'm done =D?

I never said he was God. I know he makes mistakes and I know he isn't the best president ever. But I agree with most of what he says.

Like?

I agree with the war, him being against gay marriage, anti-abortion, death penalty.

We are getting rid of what terrorists and helping a country in need(we have to start somewhere), Gay marriage is against my religion and I just don't agree with it. The same goes for abortion(killing an innocent human being who never had a chance is ridiculous). The death penalty is getting rid of all those bad guys that deserve to die.

But you're not getting rid of terrorists. They will always be there whether you think they are in your suburban bubble or not. If you kill Bob then Bob's brother is going to try to avenge his death or some twisted noble crap like that and kills Sue and then Sue's daddy gets in the mix and that is how all of this gets started. Yeah, the country is in need, but it really has to want it itself before you can go further and there has been some progress, but not enough to really get too excited over.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 01:05am
Pickle:
And did you read my second post dear or were you too busy trying to get through the big words on the first?

Don't insult my comprehension skills, thats childish and Immature and totally not needed in a debate .Also, if you don't site sources, I can automtically assume what you say is false Wink Like you said, dont believe everything the media says.

Dude, do you not realize the amount of blood on his hands? The amount of lies he told to get the presidency? Do you realize that the economy was the healtist it had ever been before he came into office and now we're borrowing money from China so we can buy gas that he claimed in 2004 he would reduce our independence on but in fact sucked us into a bigger hole because he is buddies with the oil companies and the economy is shot to damn hell! Inflation is a fucking bitch and it's almost the the Depression stage.
Actually. george Bush proposed a plan to congress to reduce oil dependency, but they denied it. george Bush isnt responsiable for you and me being dependant on oil. He tried to solve the problem, but without the support of electives voted for by you, he can't accoplish anything. Watch the Stae of the Union Speech, he talks about it there.

And if you think our economy is anywhere near the depression, you obviously havent studied up on it, we have one of the best economies in the entire world.

You know, Clinton was almost all the way impeached because he had a damn affair. Yet it's fine and dandy for Bush to take America and make it the laughing stock of the world just so he can be in the history books?
Clinton wasn't almost impeached because of his affiar Wink And george Bush isnt over there to "get in histroy books". Do you know over 600 WMD's were found in iraq last month? Most likely not, because the media wont cover that, it makes Bush look good. Would you rather have those WMD's exploding in your country? Or would you rather our Military defend us and disarm them?

America was once the number one industrial leader in the world and we are probably loosing that if we haven't all ready because he refuses to move with the times. There are poor countries in Africa who run completely off of ethonal and yet we can't break away from oil because the government sits in the oil man's pocket. It would loose them money if we switched to ethonal and Bush doesn't want that because he's a grease monkey himself. It's not for the best of the people, it's whatever Bush thinks will make him happy.
Once again, Bush tried to fix the oil dependency, but congress denied it, and he can't do anything about that. And your poor countries in Africa, you know as well as I do thats complete and utter BS used as propoganda to degrade Bush. Most countries in Africa have no use for ethonal because the majority of citizens cant afford anything that could use ethonal, or oil for that matter.

You have your opinion and I respect it. You didn't just fall into the crowd when American Idiot came out and that's not exactly the most common thing. Kudos to you. However, I will dance in my conservative community the day he is no longer in office.

You still gave no specific examples.. it's all broad, common arguements. Very Happy Just like I said before.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 12th, 2006 at 01:06am
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Pickle:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
I agree with them.

That I find annoying.

Bush is in no means God.

So cha' o__o.
I'm done =D?

Like?

So killing a baby is bad but killing a man is okay?

Killing a man is not ok. In war you are killing the bad guy. In the death penalty you are killing A BAD GUY. A baby never had a chance at life. The BAD GUY did and he screwed up.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 01:07am
Pickle:
Where's your points and proof? I've stated mine but where are yours? No, 90% of the media is not 'Anti-Bush' because the media is controlled by the cabinet. Some is not and you may be referring to that but most of it is all 'Another victory in the war on terror' which is an oxymoron in itself because you can never defeat terrorists because they will always be there. As long as there is one demented person with a chip on their shoulder, there will be terror. What is important is how you defend your ground against it and how to handle it.

Think Right, and it would have been much better to leave 600 WMD in Iraq so they can blow other things up, I thought the Trade centers were enough terrorist attacks, but if you would like more, by all means, lets bring the troops back. Homeland security is overrated anyways. Rolling Eyes
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 12th, 2006 at 01:10am
I'm new at debates, I suck at debates. I know my stuff, but I'm not good with words.

You probably think I'm justing making excuses. Maybe your right.

I'm leaving and you'll be happy. But like I said in the beginning, I don't want to say anything wrong and contradict myself. So say what you want and I'll believe what I want.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 01:11am
http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=23276&start=0

Guys, you're getting off topic, but I want you to carry on this discussion, just not here. This thread isnt about if Bush is a good president.

That thread is about the war in Iraq, discuss this and other bush things there.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
July 12th, 2006 at 01:12am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Pickle:
Where's your points and proof? I've stated mine but where are yours? No, 90% of the media is not 'Anti-Bush' because the media is controlled by the cabinet. Some is not and you may be referring to that but most of it is all 'Another victory in the war on terror' which is an oxymoron in itself because you can never defeat terrorists because they will always be there. As long as there is one demented person with a chip on their shoulder, there will be terror. What is important is how you defend your ground against it and how to handle it.

Think Right, and it would have been much better to leave 600 WMD in Iraq so they can blow other things up, I thought the Trade centers were enough terrorist attacks, but if you would like more, by all means, lets bring the troops back. Homeland security is overrated anyways. Rolling Eyes
There were NO WMD in Iraq. Proof? http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/25/sprj.nirq.kay/index.html From his ex-weapons inspector.

He lied about his reasons for going to war.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/21/60minutes/main1527749.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/10/04/iraq/main647128.shtml
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 01:15am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Pickle:
And did you read my second post dear or were you too busy trying to get through the big words on the first?

Don't insult my comprehension skills, thats childish and Immature and totally not needed in a debate .Also, if you don't site sources, I can automtically assume what you say is false Wink Like you said, dont believe everything the media says.

Dude, do you not realize the amount of blood on his hands? The amount of lies he told to get the presidency? Do you realize that the economy was the healtist it had ever been before he came into office and now we're borrowing money from China so we can buy gas that he claimed in 2004 he would reduce our independence on but in fact sucked us into a bigger hole because he is buddies with the oil companies and the economy is shot to damn hell! Inflation is a fucking bitch and it's almost the the Depression stage.
Actually. george Bush proposed a plan to congress to reduce oil dependency, but they denied it. george Bush isnt responsiable for you and me being dependant on oil. He tried to solve the problem, but without the support of electives voted for by you, he can't accoplish anything. Watch the Stae of the Union Speech, he talks about it there.

And if you think our economy is anywhere near the depression, you obviously havent studied up on it, we have one of the best economies in the entire world.

You know, Clinton was almost all the way impeached because he had a damn affair. Yet it's fine and dandy for Bush to take America and make it the laughing stock of the world just so he can be in the history books?
Clinton wasn't almost impeached because of his affiar Wink And george Bush isnt over there to "get in histroy books". Do you know over 600 WMD's were found in iraq last month? Most likely not, because the media wont cover that, it makes Bush look good. Would you rather have those WMD's exploding in your country? Or would you rather our Military defend us and disarm them?

America was once the number one industrial leader in the world and we are probably loosing that if we haven't all ready because he refuses to move with the times. There are poor countries in Africa who run completely off of ethonal and yet we can't break away from oil because the government sits in the oil man's pocket. It would loose them money if we switched to ethonal and Bush doesn't want that because he's a grease monkey himself. It's not for the best of the people, it's whatever Bush thinks will make him happy.
Once again, Bush tried to fix the oil dependency, but congress denied it, and he can't do anything about that. And your poor countries in Africa, you know as well as I do thats complete and utter BS used as propoganda to degrade Bush. Most countries in Africa have no use for ethonal because the majority of citizens cant afford anything that could use ethonal, or oil for that matter.

You have your opinion and I respect it. You didn't just fall into the crowd when American Idiot came out and that's not exactly the most common thing. Kudos to you. However, I will dance in my conservative community the day he is no longer in office.

You still gave no specific examples.. it's all broad, common arguements. Very Happy Just like I said before.

Then don't underestimate me. Dear, you didn't give specifics either.

Bush tired once to reduce oil dependency because he felt that maybe he should live up to the promise he made. However, bills can be revised and sent back to the floor. Was it ever? No it wasn't. I get the feeling it was a fluke. And the economy was in the clear! We were at 0! That was on CNN! And now we are once again in millions upon millions in debt and are borrowing money from China and that is a fact stated from a political article in this issue of the Rolling Stone.

Al Gore is quoted on page 45 column 2, second paragrpah as saying "I talked to a CEO of one of the ten largest compaines in the United States, who support Bush and Cheney. He told me, 'Al, let's be honest. Fifteen minutes after George Bush leaves the presidency, America is going to have a new global-warming policy, and it doesn't matter who's elexted." And I think that the smartest CEOs, even in places lik eExxon-Mobil, now understand that the clock is ticking and the world is changing, and the United States is not going to be able to continue living in this bubble of unreality.'"

Ford now has more cars that can be fueled with ethonal, but do you see a lot of ethonal stations or more gas stations? The country sees it but nobody else in higher authority does. No, Bush can't do it by himself but he should be a leader and push!
Pickle
Geek
Pickle

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 01:17am
Now you decide to move it. I didn't see that post as I was busy posting that but I have more ammo if you would like it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 01:17am
I warned you guys, I told you where to discuss Bush related things. This is about if Green Day inspired the hate, not about him. Im replying to you in the correct thread.

One more post about it and I lock this thread, mkay?
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 12th, 2006 at 01:18am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I warned you guys, I told you where to discuss Bush related things. This is about if Green Day inspired the hate, not about him.

HEY I STOPPED!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 01:19am
Stuck_On_Green_Day:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I warned you guys, I told you where to discuss Bush related things. This is about if Green Day inspired the hate, not about him.

HEY I STOPPED!

you're still going... drop it.
Feeling It Yet?
Geek
Feeling It Yet?
July 12th, 2006 at 02:13am
A lot of people hate bush because of the war in iraq, but green day's album allowed people to admit that they hate him, they were too nervouse to actually say that what he did was wrong. (if that made sence)

OH I GOT A QUOTE: People were frightened of being the Minority.
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 09:26am
I'm not really in to it... It's whole of another world to me.
Another country, I don't want to seem lazy or indifferent, because I do care - I just don't know much about it. But still yes, there is people who hates Bush because Green Day do it.
Well, as said I don't know much about it, but from what I know and have seen, I find Bush like a big motherfucking idiot.

That's it.
Your X Lover is Dead
Geek
Your X Lover is Dead
July 12th, 2006 at 09:32am
I think that people that really did hate bush admitted it before american idiot and green days hate for him, people who might have been a huge fan of green day and didnt like bush were probably inspired by the album. But the album in some ways began to show how horrible bush really is, but its not the only thing. The news is given most of the credit for exposing all of the little and big things bush has been doing. Bush has lost alot of the respect that he had and his populatity has gone down by alot.
Mellon * Collie
Geek
Mellon * Collie
July 12th, 2006 at 11:40pm
i think a lot of people who "hate bush" say they do because green day does, but does saying you dont like bush because green day does without any reason really even count as hate at all?

the majority of people who hate bush probably hate bush on their own, without green day. but lots of green day fans may decide they dont like him because of green day, which is fine as long as they acutally have a reason. though, then that really wouldnt be beacuse of green day... i'm confusing myself. haha.

basically, some people say they hate bush because green day does, but the people who truley hate bush, do so on their own terms.
Forever
Addict
Forever
July 12th, 2006 at 11:51pm
I don't really mind President Bush to tell you the truth. I don't really pay attention to him really.

Maybe I just don't pay attention 'cause Green Day hates him. Confused *Shrugs*
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
July 12th, 2006 at 11:56pm
I hate what bush does. Not him personally. After all, I dont know him.
I didnt really understand untill I started watching Royal Canadian Air Farce. Its a really good political humour show.
Register