AuthorMessage
High Fidelity
Falling In Love With The Board
High Fidelity
July 31st, 2007 at 06:29pm
Noel Fielding:
Boobmeister:
Imagine the scenario, though.

You're on a tube train, tight, compact with everyone else on a hot day and you're amidst a group of people having to hold onto the above head hand rails and you've got someone's armpit in your face.

It's bad enough with just the sweat, but with hair as well, whether it be male or female, it's not something I would enjoy.

True, but as you said, this applies to men as well and no one's asking them to shave there arm pits Dno
Men are less likely to be wearing tank tops and such as opposed to women.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 07:01pm
To be honest, I hate hairy armpits on guys. I really do.

But here's the thing: I am naturally hairy. I get it from my dad's side. My hair on both my head and body just grows quicker and thicker than your average teenage girl. I have hair on my face too. Well, I mean duh, everyone does. But my face hair is a bit more visible than normal.

In the fifth grade, I was teased and told I had a mustache. To this day, I am ashamed of my hairy face. I am ashamed of my hairy fingers. I am ashamed when the hair on my legs grows back and looks weird (and feels weird).

I began to get ashamed of my arm hair and got my arms waxed too. I have to wear a skirt that only reaches my knees and I hate that people can see my leg hair. I stopped wearing tank tops when I started shaving my arm pits.

I envy girls who can wear short skirts and sleeveless tops without feeling ashsamed of their hair. Sometimes I think this is just because they have less hair than I do. Sometimes I think I'm overreacting and being stupid. I dunno. But the fact remains, its your personal decision.

Humans have hair on their bodies. It is a fact. It is not going to change (but I can't really see 100,000,000 years into the future and check out evolved humans). I have hair on my stomach, on my chest, on my ass, on almost every surface of my body. And unless you're not a mammal, I'll bet you do too.

If someone doesn't want to shave, get over it. Its their choice. If a woman doesn't want to shave, more power to her. Especially in our current times. I strongly believe we should be trying to change the standards of pretty. And this will undoubtedly help. The women in the pictures in the first post, they're all actually rather pretty. They have pretty faces and nice skin tones.

I don't see why they'd be unattractive to people. I mean, I don't like armpit hair in general, but if a guy didn't have a problem with it I'm sure he'd find these women lovely.
heywhatnow
heywhatnow

Blog
July 31st, 2007 at 07:06pm
I am such a hairy person. I get made fun of for it - I was called a monkey once.
But I'm a little afraid of shaving. I always think it'll cut me or something.
And I'm too lazy to shave everyday.
trisha_goes_rawr
Geek
trisha_goes_rawr
August 1st, 2007 at 03:50am
i don't mind it.

if you don't wanna shave, then don't, it's not my problem, and i'm not going to judge you for it.
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
August 1st, 2007 at 05:28am
I'm half asian so I'm really hairy >_____<
I have to get my facial hair waxed like once a fortnight, which I would prefer not to but it's so heavy
I also shave my arms, people think it's weird but meh.
Just personally I don't like body hair. I don't like seeing it on myself. But I guess it's whatever you're comfortable with.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 1st, 2007 at 01:18pm
If you're more hairy than usual it could be because you have more testosterone in you. And you can get that treated.

Bikini waxes Hand Completely against them.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 1st, 2007 at 10:44pm
[quote="Roonil Wazlib"]I'm half asian so I'm really hairy >_____<{/quote]

Well if you're oriental [Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc.], you're normally less hairier than others...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 2nd, 2007 at 03:02pm
anti social:
Roonil Wazlib:
I'm half asian so I'm really hairy >_____<
Well if you're oriental [Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, etc.], you're normally less hairier than others...
That would be me.

But then again, I'm half Asian, so it could come from my father's British side of the family who have very thin hair and go bald really early in their lives. (God I hope that's not going to be me.)
anniethegood!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
anniethegood!
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:01am
hmmmmm
well personaly not to sound to rude
i think it's called a razor
just....maybe i'm not a hairy gal
but don't complain about people not likeing it cause well
you could shave
it's like when you wear certain things
just get ready for someone to comment cause thats what people do
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 01:47pm
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:26pm
Someone mentioned that excess hair can be caused by more testosterone and that it can be treated.

Why should it have to be treated?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 3rd, 2007 at 07:49pm
lyrical_mess:
Someone mentioned that excess hair can be caused by more testosterone and that it can be treated.

Why should it have to be treated?

"it can be treated" and "it has to be treated" are not the same thing. With medical advances today, you can treat and change virtually every physical feature you have...
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
August 3rd, 2007 at 10:29pm
Spazzy_McSpazzerson!:

If people try to tell you you're gross, ask them if they would like to cut off, say, a thumb, because somebody else believed it looks "gross". They probably wouldn't.
lmfao How are those two even comparable?
SkittyOhGadz
Banned
SkittyOhGadz

Mibba
August 4th, 2007 at 02:34am
[quote="anti social"]
Roonil Wazlib:
I'm half asian so I'm really hairy >_____<{/quote]

Nono
My dad is Muslim
Sylar
Sylar
August 6th, 2007 at 02:15am
I can see it from both points of view.
It is a totally natural thing that works for some women, who are obviously comfortable being the way god or whatever made them.

And in my point of view, it's something which I'm not comfortable doing. I'm obsessed with looking perfect (having done some modelling, it's understandable) and wouldn't be caught dead with unshaved armpits, legs or the like.

But yeah, good on those women!
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 03:44am
If people wanna shave thats them, if they dont then get over it. I mean people arent constantly going to rub their hairy armpits in your face or going to put their hairy legs on you. You know, someone should make a thread on "MEN SHOULD THEY SHAVE OR NOT?"[my one of my friend finds men who shave their legs gross another friend likes them doing it] I mean this whole thing is only problem cause no one is used to seeing a very hairy woman and liking the way she is. We pumped into thinking all women have to be primped and proper all the time o_o
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 02:27pm
Spazzy_McSpazzerson!:
lmfao

I showed that to my uncle and srsly, this was his face Don
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
King For A Couple Of Days
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 6th, 2007 at 11:43pm
I personally think it's up to the person.
There isn't a right or wrong thing to be said about shaving.
At least Dee doesn't care what others think or say.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
August 7th, 2007 at 02:25am
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:

DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE DEE!!!!!!!!
Aleckz

Omg, I just had a hyper attack xDDD
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
August 7th, 2007 at 04:10pm
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority:
See that sort of implies that people who do shave worry about what others think too much.
I don't think it should be a case of what society thinks, but more of personal preference
Register