Hairy Women!

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 7th, 2007 at 06:46pm
I actually just thought of something. Though I personally feel that men with hairy armpits (and hairy armpits in general) are gross, a lot of females and a lot of men like it and think its manly.

Growing facial hair is also seen as a sign of manliness and masculine pride. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So for a woman, having excess hair in certain places might make her feel masculine or might make people look at her as slightly more "mannish" or whatever. So that might be part of the pressure to shave and be totally smooth. It's kind of a sign of femininity.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 7th, 2007 at 06:56pm
It could be connected with evolutionary psychology, I just don't know how.
Brian May
King For A Couple Of Days
Brian May
August 20th, 2007 at 11:48pm
lol
interesting..
very interesting =P
Sorry....its just 2 gross..
PPL....PLEASE SHAVE!!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 11:21pm
Dance.Hall.Drug.:
lol
interesting..
very interesting =P
PPL....PLEASE SHAVE!!

Mr. Green Way to be accpeting and open minded
anti social
Jackass
anti social
August 23rd, 2007 at 04:03am
I don't know if this has already been posted, but I found this article about hairy women:
http://www.shaziamirza.org/press/hairy_first.html
Brian May
Brian May
August 23rd, 2007 at 04:38am
LOL
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 23rd, 2007 at 01:50pm
I don't see why its so funny. I applaud her for being so confident and open. I agree with her and I respect her all the more because I don't have the confidence to go through with something like that.
Peter Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
August 23rd, 2007 at 10:22pm
I just read that article, and I thought it was absolutely awesome. Except maybe the part about some guy wanting clippings sent in the post. That was a bit weird. If you want to do it, go for it.

I don't think it's particularly gross, but you should at least wear good deodorant, because hair collects moisture. If not, then it becomes a little icky.

I don't like the fact women are expected to shave their bikini line. Because, from experience, you usually end up with ingrowing hairs, which ends up with nasty spots. And to be fair, that's far less attractive than a few hairs.

I never used to be bothered about body hair until I was about 13 when I started getting bullied in gym class for it, around the same time people started on about my weight, so I got really self conscious about it, and now it's just part of a routine.

I don't think it's a bad thing though. I mean, I like to feel smooth, etc before I go on holiday, and after I've shaved/waxed/epilated, whatever, I feel more confident, and that's a personal thing, if people want to say its because I have no self esteem that's their look out.

And I've babbled far too much...
Verbatim.
Verbatim.
August 24th, 2007 at 12:38pm
I think it's funny how people think it's totally normal for a woman to shave her legs and armpits, but not her arms.

I mean, your arms are generally on show a lot more than your legs, so why is it okay for those to be hairy, and not your legs, which could be much easier to hide? Dno
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 24th, 2007 at 07:32pm
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Kurtni:
Dance.Hall.Drug.:
lol
interesting..
very interesting =P
PPL....PLEASE SHAVE!!

It's not narrow minded to think it's gross.
After all, this thread is about wether people think it's natural or gross.
It is however narrow minded to insist that one must shave.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 24th, 2007 at 11:15pm
I personally hate body hair.. on me anyway... But whatever.. it's all gravy baby...
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 25th, 2007 at 07:49pm
Absinthe Daniel:
after I've shaved/waxed/epilated, whatever, I feel more confident, and that's a personal thing, if people want to say its because I have no self esteem that's their look out.

Exactly. I've had a close friend call me slutty and vain for caring about how I look, but I'm a hairy person. And after I've had my legs waxed and stuff, I feel better, especially since my school uniform is a skirt.

But honestly, sometimes giving into pressure and getting rid of it is better than having to stand people jeering at you just because you drew the short straw in the gene pool.
Opheliac_666
Geek
Opheliac_666
August 26th, 2007 at 07:34am
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Anji:
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Kurtni:
Dance.Hall.Drug.:
lol
interesting..
very interesting =P
PPL....PLEASE SHAVE!!

It's not narrow minded to think it's gross.
It is however narrow minded to insist that one must shave.

"PLEASE SHAVE!!" is not the same as "Everyone must shave."
=]

I feel the same, if I had it my way, EVERYONE WOULD shave. If someone asked me, I would say "please shave," that's not demanding anything.

PLEASE SHAVE!!!! is actually the same thing as everyone must shave
Riot on the Radio
Jackass
Riot on the Radio

Blog
August 26th, 2007 at 12:03pm
I'm not a big fan of body hair, but it's the person's choice and it doesn't worry me.
define_normal
Banned
define_normal

Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 11:54am
I perfer shaving for myself and others. But whatever. Let them do what they want. It's not my problem. It's just a perference like perfering short hair vs. long or contacts instead of glasses. Plus, somethimes shaving can be real pain..... especially "down there."
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 05:10pm
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Opheliac_666:
[PLEASE SHAVE!!!! is actually the same thing as everyone must shave

=/

No it isn't.

"Everyone shave," or "I command everyone to shave," or "everyone must shave," is the same thing as everyone must shave.

If you view what DHD and I said as a command to the world, you should probably look at what we actually said.
Just because she used the word 'please' does not make it less of a command, it's just a word conditioned to us to be 'polite', however it still it a command without any directed audience or article.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2007 at 07:30pm
ISn't this kind of deviating from the topic?

I think all that up there is better suited for the language thread.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
August 27th, 2007 at 08:24pm
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
Yeah and I hate that. Of course is is natural, nature is what makes women have body hair but 'gross' is an opinion, so it doesn't really make sense.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 28th, 2007 at 05:49pm
xXxAndreaIsCoolxXx:
If you view those words as a command then there's nothing I can explain to you to make you realize it isn't.
Grammatically, it is. So if you are on the board of English Language Grammar Rulers of the World and have changed that fact without my knowledge, maybe you're right, but until then, it's a command. Prr
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 28th, 2007 at 05:50pm
lyrical_mess:
ISn't this kind of deviating from the topic?

I think all that up there is better suited for the language thread.
*Ignores for the sake of discussion.*
Register