Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 3rd, 2011 at 08:29pm
so random, but i bought this tofu dessert and it was fucking gross. i can officially say after trying many different things with tofu that it's disgusting
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
April 3rd, 2011 at 10:24pm
I've had tofu before and I love it. It's so good. I just like the texture of it.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 4th, 2011 at 02:52am
I tried making tofu nuggets.. like chicken nuggets :/ so disappointed. I was actually really looking forward to it, but alas.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
April 4th, 2011 at 09:31am
I love tofu, but the texture's really weird. And tofu dessert sounds horrible.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 4th, 2011 at 09:33am
It kinda looks like yogurt but not it was like harder I guess. So I tried it and wanted to puke.
Raymond
Post Whore
Raymond
April 4th, 2011 at 12:52pm
EWWWFMSDJFJUFGD.

It sounds like...um...that stuff that's like creamy jelly. I like that. But tofu doesn't sound that appealing as dessert.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
April 11th, 2011 at 07:24am
BELLY JO.:
It kinda looks like yogurt but not it was like harder I guess. So I tried it and wanted to puke.

WHHHHHHHHHHY!
I had the exact same experience. Kindof a "it seemed a great idea at the time".
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 10:17am
YEAH EXACTLY!!!!!!
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 01:07pm
okay so this isn't ENTIRELY related to vegetarianism but I didn't know where else to bring it up.

I just watched the documentary Food Inc. in my biology class. If anyone hasn't seen it, you really should watch it because it's definitely an eye opener and you really reconsider what you eat. By the end of the movie i was disgusted with the food industry, and convinced that if I ever eat meat again it will come from a local farm.

However, after we finished the movie, my teacher brought up some harsh realities. Although its great to say that we can change the world and make a difference if we buy food grown locally and meat that's not mass produced, the population is still growing exponentially and nearing 7 billion. There is simply no way that that shear volume of food can be produced WITHOUT mega corporate "farms". Of course, at an individual level it's certainly healthier to eat organic and will give you a better peace of mind, but imo, switching back to family farms is not an option in today's society. That worked when we were a population of 1 billion, but feeding almost 7 bilion is already becoming a problem even WITH mass production and the inhumane treatment of animals that comes with it.

thoughts?
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 01:12pm
THAT'S THE DOCUMENTARY I WAS TALKING ABOUT LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO IN THE THINKING THREAD BTW

i mean that's understandable, but personally i would much rather choose to eat locally grown organic food. It's impossible to believe that the world will change because of how much people really don't care about what they eat. i just personally don't want to be putting unhealthy things in my body 24/7
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 01:19pm
BELLY JO.:
THAT'S THE DOCUMENTARY I WAS TALKING ABOUT LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO IN THE THINKING THREAD BTW

i mean that's understandable, but personally i would much rather choose to eat locally grown organic food. It's impossible to believe that the world will change because of how much people really don't care about what they eat. i just personally don't want to be putting unhealthy things in my body 24/7

Yeah like totally on an individual level, after watching that movie I want to eat organic more. I already don't eat fast food much but I am ready to cut it out completely.

its just discouraging that on a global, even national level, mass production is simply the only solution, or so it seems
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 01:21pm
yeah it's horrible that the world has come to that and it's almost impossible for it to change really
Tahm York
This Board Is My Home
Tahm York

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 05:23pm
you know, I really like tofu. but I guess I can't really use it as a substitute for meat... it tastes good in certain dishes but yeah
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 07:11pm
^ lol, they were talking about that and you throw in tofu.
I Don't like tofu....
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 07:12pm
BELLY JO.:
yeah it's horrible that the world has come to that and it's almost impossible for it to change really

We could all become veg's...lolololololol.
Just kidding.
Then the world would be a bigger mess D:
Lots of farm animals, nooooo vegies D:
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 07:15pm
it would be cool if everyone could be a veg, but sadly that will like never happen
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 07:15pm
I know it wont.
The world will only work if there is a good balance of both though.
Would be cool though.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
April 11th, 2011 at 07:49pm
BELLY JO.:
it would be cool if everyone could be a veg, but sadly that will like never happen

yeah there's no way the world could churn out enough alternative to satisfy the caloric needs of the whole population.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
April 26th, 2011 at 07:36pm
I love tofu! It's so good! I actually tried tofu in Mongolian BBQ when I made it and it tasted so good. I could never go totally vegetarian, but I would have some meals a week be vegetarian/vegan, so I would be healthy.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
April 26th, 2011 at 07:42pm
Vegetarianism isn't some wonder-path to "healthy eating".
Everything in moderation is healthy, just sayin'. That goes for meat dishes too... (Though this is coming from an extremely unhealthy vegetarian).

Also, I have yet to find a recipe that makes tofu taste good, in which I couldn't just replace it with something delish.
Register