Divorce

AuthorMessage
Lost&TroubleBound
Geek
Lost&TroubleBound
August 7th, 2005 at 05:55am
I meant to say having a step mom is weird... not plural.
losers_are_cool
King For A Couple Of Days
losers_are_cool
August 7th, 2005 at 06:06am
losers_are_cool:
My mom has been divorced twice. The first time she had my older sister Stephanie who's 23. The second time she married my dad and had me and my little sis. (we're 11 and 13) I think my parents got divorced in Jan of second grade. So I was either already 8 turning 9 or turning 8. For me it was an easy divorce. My parents are still friends. I go to my dad's house every Wednesday and every other weekend. I'm not saying I like my dad all that much but the divorce hasn't been that big for any of us.

But that has left me and Stephie feeling that divorce is a part of life. If we got married and wanted out we'd probably just go "Oh ok time for a divorce. See ya!" That's really our attitude towards it since we haven't had trauma come out of it. If I had kids I'd think about it before acting but it still kinda scares me that this is the way I look at it.
I think I'm the only one here who didn't have a tragic divorce.
Blue Treehugger
Geek
Blue Treehugger
August 12th, 2005 at 08:48pm
my parents got divorced when i was 4 cuz my dad cheated on my mom and i hated the woman he left my mom for...she slammed my finger in a car door on purpose. anyway, yeah, that has gotta suck for you, i'm sry u can pm me if u wanna talk
TuningKey
Geek
TuningKey
August 13th, 2005 at 09:44am
my parents argue a lot. as in, a lot. i sometimes feel like they're going to get divorced. it's like in 'stay together for the kids'. the line 'if this is what he wants, and it's what she wants, then why's there so much pain' means a lot. to me, at least.
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
August 13th, 2005 at 10:25am
My parents had this really huge fight a couple of months ago and they were talking about splitting up and stuff...but luckily they didn't but i still went through quite an ordeal. I'm just thankful really and i sympathise to everyone who's parents did split.
Dumb
Jackass
Dumb
August 13th, 2005 at 06:27pm
I think that you shouldnt get married unless you know that this person is your true love, and you are willing to work through problems.I know that I would Never get married unless I knew it was true love that I could make last forever.If Im still with Thomas when Im 20-24 I will marry him.He wants to get married when we are older, cause both him and I think it could last, but we just have to see.
.Ashley.
Falling In Love With The Board
.Ashley.
August 14th, 2005 at 02:47am
I don't believe in divorce, I believe in killing, though. ('Till death do us apart')
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
August 14th, 2005 at 06:20am
I'm not a big fan of marraige in the first place. How can you really know if you want to be with that one person forever? That would suck. And it's so official and blah. I don't know why anyone would want to get married in the first place.

My parents got divorced years ago. I didn't care. Now it seems weird for them to be together. At all. I even find it weird when they talk when one of them drops me off. I have 2 seperate lives with my dad and my step family and then with my mom and my sister. It's weird if they ever mix.

So... I really don't see anything wrong with divorce, other than it's a pain in the ass and costs a lot of money and time and eh... people just shouldn't get married in the first place.
Coco
Geek
Coco
August 14th, 2005 at 08:43pm
people ar getting married much quicker than they used to becasue its basically the next step up from living together.

i think in the uk its like 1 in 3 couples get divorced
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
August 15th, 2005 at 12:09am
Do you guys think that there's such thing as being in love then all of a sudden you hate each other?
I think that people are taking things too fast, you have to be sure that the little things aren't gonna get on your nerves all that much... Yeah like after 10 years of the same things it will dry your patince but if you really love someone and know that they love you back.. then why not tell them to stop or try to find a compromise...
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
August 15th, 2005 at 02:34am
my parents got divorced when i was 8 too. my mom was pregant with another guys baby (whore). the divorce itself never really had a big impact on me because i still got to see both my parents equally. and besides, worse things have happened to me in my life than my parents getting divorced.
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
August 15th, 2005 at 02:54am
xNataliex:
people ar getting married much quicker than they used to becasue its basically the next step up from living together.

Nooo. People aren't getting married earlier, it's just that divorce is becoming a more common and accepted thing. It's easy to get and most older adults I know are divorced. Even the younger ones.... I know a few people in their early twenties that have already had divorces. It's just that for people in the past, it was less common for people to get divorces. If someone was in a loveless marriage they were less likely to get a divorce, they just lived with it.

God, I never want to get married. -_- Blaaaaah.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
August 15th, 2005 at 02:59am
fancy pants:
xNataliex:

Nooo. People aren't getting married earlier, it's just that divorce is becoming a more common and accepted thing. It's easy to get and most older adults I know are divorced. Even the younger ones.... I know a few people in their early twenties that have already had divorces. It's just that for people in the past, it was less common for people to get divorces. If someone was in a loveless marriage they were less likely to get a divorce, they just lived with it.

i always said i never ever wanted to get married, but then i met nathan and i would marry him. so i guess that all just depends on who you end up meeting...

and yea, divorce are much more common nowadays because they are a lot more excepted. it used to be widely frowned upon, but now it's just a common thing.
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
August 15th, 2005 at 02:37pm
my parents are divorced and completely hate each other. but if they can't stand each other than i think that it's best that they're not together anymore.
it's better that way.
i hardly see my father, but i'm content with it. he has his own life and so do i. and so does my mother. so we're all very happy over here, and it doesn't really have that much of an effect on me because i feel the same and i'm very used to it.
guns_go_bang_bang
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
guns_go_bang_bang
August 15th, 2005 at 04:32pm
fancy pants:
xNataliex:

i think its both, people think they are in love after only knowing each other for a few months, and rush marriage, then find out they dont really love each other, then they get a divorce. also divorce is alot more excepted, i know so many people who have, and my mom is about to file divorce on my dad who moved out and moved to florida. im over it though, alot worse has happened to me, and i know ill get over it
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
August 16th, 2005 at 09:48pm
my parents divorced when I was 14 months old. I'm now 13, (14 in 9 days) and I mean, I'd never picture them back together, but they've hated eachother the whole time, and have been like using me to get back at eachother and it really hurts. my mom doesn't even wanna be in the same room as my father and they can't reach a comprimise on anything. I don't know how if feels like to be used as an emotional rebound, because this is a differenet situation, but divorce is a huge strain on the kid(s) and I think that people need to get married if they really are in love and not get married because they think it will help their relationship. In my family my dad is the only one on his side who has been divorced, and both my aunt and uncle that are his brother and sister have been married, for like 23 years and 25 years and they've been married since they were allowed to get married so I think early marrages between 2 people in love is a good thing. It seems the older they get, the harder marrages are. I also think that marrage is for life and people should treat it like it's for life. 'Cause that's how it's supposed to be.
GD/SP Bitch
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GD/SP Bitch
September 10th, 2005 at 11:56pm
my parents have been divorced since i was 5 (i am now 16) and i think that it was a good decision because i am fortunate enough to live in a home where i am loved and without alot of fights. i respect my both parents decisions to get a divorce because i know that thet did it because of how much they love ma and my brothers. not a day goes by where i queery their decision because i know that it was for the best. i live with my mom and stepdad and see my dad every second weekend. both my parents got re-married and are happier now than they were when they were together.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 14th, 2005 at 06:41pm
People need to be more careful but I think that people fall out of love all the time.
franzi
franzi
September 15th, 2005 at 03:57pm
my parentals divorced when i was nine. it kinda wrecked my life. sometimes i dream about how much better my life would be if i lived with my dad. and he could live with us in germany, and i would have someone to connect in a real and non-superficial way. because i know in the back of my mind, my relationship with my mother is completely superficial. and i miss my dad so much i dont know what to do anymore.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
September 15th, 2005 at 05:12pm
my dad used to be an alcoholic and i really wanted my parents to divorce but now i 'like' him
i still can't love him because of all the bad things that happened
Register