Divorce

AuthorMessage
the crucible.
Idiot
the crucible.
July 18th, 2006 at 08:51am
My parents divorced 5 yrs ago. They split up after they came to France, because my father had an affair with his colleague (I only recently found this out). They tried to start again in a foreign country but it just didn't work out. Now my sisters hate my dad, and frankly, so do I. But I'm still forced to go to his house, where his girlfriend and her daughter lives. They're talking about getting married so it's kinda strained going there. My mother going out with this guy who's really nice but his son is the kid from hell. He hates me, I swear. A year ago, when my father was still on speaking trems with my mother, they had an argument at my mother's cheap and nasty old house (now she's moved in with her boyfriend so we have this wonderful HUGE house). My father called her an evil selfish cunt, which my mother has never been called (well, the cunt bit). It has gotten WAY nasty.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
July 18th, 2006 at 02:38pm
melodramatic_fool_666:
My parents divorced 5 yrs ago. They split up after they came to France, because my father had an affair with his colleague (I only recently found this out). They tried to start again in a foreign country but it just didn't work out. Now my sisters hate my dad, and frankly, so do I. But I'm still forced to go to his house, where his girlfriend and her daughter lives. They're talking about getting married so it's kinda strained going there. My mother going out with this guy who's really nice but his son is the kid from hell. He hates me, I swear. A year ago, when my father was still on speaking trems with my mother, they had an argument at my mother's cheap and nasty old house (now she's moved in with her boyfriend so we have this wonderful HUGE house). My father called her an evil selfish cunt, which my mother has never been called (well, the cunt bit). It has gotten WAY nasty.

what would you do if for the next 14 years you never saw your dad, ok now you might say "well i wouldnt mind" but take it from a person who knows in the long term, seeing your dad is better than not seeing him,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 18th, 2006 at 04:33pm
Magne:
melodramatic_fool_666:

what would you do if for the next 14 years you never saw your dad, ok now you might say "well i wouldnt mind" but take it from a person who knows in the long term, seeing your dad is better than not seeing him,
Well, you're not in her situation, and if My dad had wrecked his marriage and done that to my mom, I wouldnt want to see him either. All situations are different, you cant judge and say she is better off seeing him.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 18th, 2006 at 05:49pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
melodramatic_fool_666:

Well, you're not in her situation, and if My dad had wrecked his marriage and done that to my mom, I wouldnt want to see him either. All situations are different, you cant judge and say she is better off seeing him.

i just think that she would be better of seeing her dad, she doesnt want to be asking questions about him when she is older, children should have relationships with both perants, dont throw away your dad to soon,
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 18th, 2006 at 05:50pm
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
melodramatic_fool_666:

i just think that she would be better of seeing her dad, she doesnt want to be asking questions about him when she is older, children should have relationships with both perants, dont throw away your dad to soon,

She wouldnt have questions about him, she knows exactly what he did and what he's like and if things between them are as bad as they say they are, I wouldnt want to see him either.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 18th, 2006 at 05:52pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:
melodramatic_fool_666:

She wouldnt have questions about him, she knows exactly what he did and what he's like and if things between them are as bad as they say they are, I wouldnt want to see him either.

perhaps they should stop all the name calling and concentrate on the things they have in common, they're children, perhaps he had the affair because the marrage was coming to an end anyway.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 18th, 2006 at 05:56pm
Magne:

perhaps they should stop all the name calling and concentrate on the things they have in common, they're children, perhaps he had the affair because the marrage was coming to an end anyway.

and maybe we shouldnt assume thing because we arent living their lives. Thats why bringing personal stories into debates never works.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 18th, 2006 at 05:58pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

and maybe we shouldnt assume thing because we arent living their lives. Thats why bringing personal stories into debates never works.

yeah true, oh and thx by the way, you know what for helped a lot. Wink
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 30th, 2006 at 11:50pm
People should be careful who they marry. They can't go on a date with someone and think it's true love, then go on marrying. My sister said she wouldn't marry until she was 30 (and I thought that was because a lot of shows and movies brainwashed her) but now I see her point, because her boyfriend was cheating on her and if they would have been married, things would have turned out badly.
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Insert_Clever_Saying_Here
July 31st, 2006 at 12:28pm
Lucifers Angel:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Magne:

Sometimes it's the parent that pushes (and essentially throws) their child away and almost forces the child to cut off contact to protect themselves (i.e mental andor emotional abuse & neglegence)
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie

Blog
August 1st, 2006 at 05:12pm
Mine devorced about a year ago. it sucked. i dont get al emotional about it. i just hate it when everyone fights all the time. it gets annoying and its stupid. i hate my mother for what she did to the family!!!!
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
August 1st, 2006 at 11:40pm
My parents divorced when I was.. 5.. or 6.

Anyway.. Its weird.. because it was not a problem between my parents.. my father was mentally Ill at the time (he is not now.. he's perfectly fine...).. and made a stupid decision. (They get along fine now.. like friends.. and I visit my dad often for long periods of time... its a healthy relationship as far as divorced parents go..)

But anyway.. My brother was 14 at the time.. and my sister was just a baby.. 2. It's weird.. Because I can remember when they were married.. but Emily can't.. and of course Thomas can... It's just weird that she can't remember.

So.. I can remember when my parents were Married.. I can remember after they were married.. when I was young... but I can't.. no matter how hard I try.. remember when they were getting divorced.. and my dad and Thomas left the house.... Which I find weird... The mind has a way of blocking out bad memories... Maybe its a good thing.

About the thing about being more emotional.. I don't know if thats a result of divorce.. I just don't know.. But I get emotional easily as well.. I just cry easily... I get fucking nervouse easily... When people get mad at me.. It feels like the world is going to end...

Now however, being 17, I'm noticing that the thought of two people marrying.. is really weird to me.. I can't really imagine it, I can't even explain why I think its weird. Infact.. the thought of any kind of long term relationship seems weird to me.. and its not what I strive for. I'm not sure if thats normal.. or not.

Oh well.. I'll stop rambling now.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
August 2nd, 2006 at 01:07am
i think divorce is a good thing if it will help end arguments ect. i jsut think it would be better for a child to grow up going to 2 houses then living in one with their parents fighting every night
frizzle
Geek
frizzle
August 2nd, 2006 at 07:46am
My parents had a bad marriage, after 15 years they finally divorced. They were always fighting, so it's better I think.. But I saw my father 4 times, in 10 years.. He lives in Thailand, so I can't visit him or something. People marry to soon I think.. My parents knew each other less than a year when they married. Divorcing isn't good for children, but fighting is worse I think..
Madeluxx
Madeluxx

Mibba
December 8th, 2006 at 06:39pm
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:
If your parents are arguing a lot wouldn't you rather they weren't together? That way you don't have listen to them fight and they'll be happy more often....

I agree with that, my parents divorced a couple of years ago, and their arguments were terrible and i was always stuck in the middle as i was the only one left at home as my brother and sister had grown up and moved out. It got much better when my dad left, but not having a father that cares about you is very scarring for your daughter and my parents never understood what it did to me. it still hurts, as i dont talk to him very often [[he's living in cyprus atm]] but i keep all locked inside. But i'd advise people not to. I think sometimes parents can be selfish, they should think very clearly before having a child, because parents divorcing does hurt
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
December 17th, 2006 at 06:41pm
There are so many reasons for divorce. If getting a divorce is going to make everyone's life that much easier, then go for it, but I think that people get married and divorced without much thought and that tends to annoy me.
Couple's, from my knowledge, seem to get married as soon as they think they're in love. I know I'm generalising, but I am directing this at the people who actually use this technique.
I think that people should wait to get married until they've actually found the person that they want to spend the rest of their lives with, not just the first person that they fall in love with. I think that if people didn't get married so casually then a large amount of divorces could be avoided and that should be a good thing.
Marriage and divorce is too casual these days, and I think that people need to step back and think about with marriage actually means before rushing into it just so that they don't end up spending the rest of their lives alone, because that is not what marriage is about.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 21st, 2006 at 11:21am
Lucifers Angel:

I don't feel that way about my mom. For the past five years I've hardly seen her, and I haven't talked to her in over a year. It suits me just fine.
Escaped Mental Patient
Jackass
Escaped Mental Patient

Mibba
December 23rd, 2006 at 02:04am
My parents have been divorced for about 5 years now. I try to look at the aspects of what has been good. But my mind brings me back to the reality. Just the other day I was talking about the good stuff like 2 christmas, and 2 of everything. The one of my friends said "Why are you not sad about it.." and stuff like "Why do you sound happy about it.." It's like "Why should I still be buming about what happened 5 years ago?"
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
December 24th, 2006 at 03:39pm
I think it has an affect on most kids. A bad one
Not on everyone though, sometimes it works fine of course..

When you marry [and you know kids might follow] you take some responsibility and I think some people just ignore that and marry to fast..
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 24th, 2006 at 03:58pm
Make you Smile.:
I think it has an affect on most kids. A bad one
Not on everyone though, sometimes it works fine of course..

When you marry [and you know kids might follow] you take some responsibility and I think some people just ignore that and marry to fast..

Yes, I agree that marriage is taken lightly, but which do you think will have a worse effect..
- Parents getting a divorce
- Kids exposed to thier parents unhealthy, unhappy relationship and watching them constantly fight..
Register