Divorce

AuthorMessage
the_banana
Geek
the_banana
April 15th, 2006 at 06:48am
SeverusSnape:
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:
If your parents are arguing a lot wouldn't you rather they weren't together? That way you don't have listen to them fight and they'll be happy more often....

I agree. My parents have never divorced but have come close many times. And sometimes I wish they would divorce. The verbal abuse is really scary. Someone's screaming abuse at your mother or father's face and it's no other than your mother or father. It gets really daunting. I tell them to STFU and a lotta the time my sister and I really do think it's our fault because y'know, everything they do is for us. (work, money etc) Then they go off at you for having an "attitude" with them when really, we grew up listening to them fight every night.

There used to be a long period of time when there'd always be a fight in our household everyday. It makes you want to runaway with your boyfriend to Melbourne... but I don't have one. And the thing is, I think my parents are only still together for my sis and I because I don't think they love each other very much at all.

same here! I still wish they would divorce! everything would be so much better! and everytime when they fight i panhandle my mom "come on, lets go! lets move out together! you just have to say one word and my bags are packed in less than 5 minutes"
but its not as you said SeverusSnape, they dont fight like your parents. they say nothing, they are just sad and angry but they dont talk about it, its horrible, i hate it, there is just "something in the wind" this....i cant explain, its like bad vibes, you know what i mean? well, its terrible...i really wish they would divorce
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 15th, 2006 at 06:58am
My parents arent divorced. I think they've only ever had one major argument and that was caused by me...

I think that if something isnt working out then sure get a divorce. It just baffles me that people who have been married for about ten years can get divorced. I dont see how you can just fall out of love and want to leave something that you've worked on for so long. If an affair was involved then yeah, i could see why you would want to get divorced.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 18th, 2006 at 07:55pm
My parents divorced when I was two...I was the reason they stayed together. They had me when they were seperated...
whoknows
Geek
whoknows
April 21st, 2006 at 09:52am
My Mum's been divorced twice - got two sisters - one from same dad other from different dad all have same mum. Don't remember much about the first one cos was so young - but he remarried and I have a half bro and sister who, as far as I'm aware, know nothing of my existence. Thing is - as far as he (my dad) is concerned I don't exist am a total non person!! Used to hate him for it - probably still do but now realise he's not worth loosing any sleep or tears over any more - what goes around comes around - one day he'll want something and I can then reject him the way he rejected me (bitter - probably!)
Second divorce - much older - not good, he drank, gambled and had a temper. Was glad when it was all over.
Plus side made me and my sisters much closer than we would perhaps normally have been. Life sucks sometimes but you kind of learn from it and try and move on. If you didn't then the little men in white coats wouldn't be far behind ready to cart you off to the nearest nut house.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 21st, 2006 at 02:53pm
i nkow some one who has been married and divorced 5 times, he has 9 children and only see's the youngest 2 because they live with him, and he only sees them when he can get his ass out the bar, but its better than going to they're mum who is a "slag" and would just dump them with social services.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 22nd, 2006 at 02:48pm
Spirit Of '77:
jimmy <3:
jesus christ. my parents divorce completely fucked up my life. and i mean its so fucking selfish that they start dating and such. do they ever stop the fucking think what their kids feel? no. not one fucking time. their kids could be completely fucked and yet they date other people. i just dont get how one could possibly think that everything is ok.

to me it sounds like YOU'RE the selfish one, not you're parents. you want to be the center of their lives and you just wont let them move on with their lives to try to be happy again. you say they dont stop to think about their kids. well, i say you dont stop to think about your parents.

what does you're kid being "fucked" have to do with dating other people? i dont get it...

i dont see why people make such a big deal out of divorce. i mean, if you're parents are unhappy together, there probably wasnt a really close knit happy family that was broken apart, ya know? and some people NEED to be divorced. like people who are stuck in abusive realtionships and shit like that.

How the hell can you say that divorce isn't a big deal? It is a big deal for everyone involved-expecially the kids. and i don't think that they were being selfish because(this is my experience) just think how confusing for a 4th grader to move from the place she has lived for her entire life and less than 2 months later come back to visit her dad and find out he's already moved in a woman i had met once at a wedding a year before. not to mention her TWO KIDS that took over the house i had lived since i could remember up until then. He replaced my family in less than two months-how the hell am i supposed to be happy that he moved on and if you say i was being selfish then fuck you because that did screw me up. And i was in 4th grade my dad was supposed to "stop and think" about his kids.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
April 22nd, 2006 at 11:01pm
At first, I was scared when my parents were arguing... Now, I just feel it's 'okay'... I mean, I'd be pissed because it would change my routine, habits...(If they were to divorce.) But I'd survive, wouldn't I?
JESSY NIGHTMARE
Idiot
JESSY NIGHTMARE
April 23rd, 2006 at 08:45pm
My mom's been divorced twice from 2 different guys. It hasn't effected me besides the fact that i'm in between 2+ houses, the we've moved a bunch and that we've had to cut back on money. The emotional parts probably haven't hit me yet...
Buddy Christ
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 23rd, 2006 at 08:51pm
my mom divorced my dad. but it was for good reason i think it made my life better even though i only see him in the summer.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
April 24th, 2006 at 11:41am
My parents divorced a few months ago, due to my mother spending excessive amounts of time with my ex boyfriend. It's so fucked up. I hate her so much, and my ex boyfriend.. I can't even talk to him without there being some sort of horrible meaning behind my words. And why not? I have every right to be horrible to him. He's like 19 and my mom is 47? Yuck.

I don't really think about whether it's affected me emotionally wise, but I guess it has considering every time I try to talk about it I end up going off into a rant about my mom and Danny... Hence the above.. Confused It sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

I can't be bothered with my parents anymore.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
April 24th, 2006 at 06:17pm
My parents are mid-divorce, but they've been seperated for almost five years and were never really happy anyway. I couldn't be happier that their divorce will be finalized soon.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 24th, 2006 at 06:26pm
My parents divored when I was two. I don't really know/remember what that was like. I'm actually glad they got a divorce, they were very unhappy, or so they said.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 24th, 2006 at 06:34pm
Peardrops:
My parents divorced a few months ago, due to my mother spending excessive amounts of time with my ex boyfriend. It's so fucked up. I hate her so much, and my ex boyfriend.. I can't even talk to him without there being some sort of horrible meaning behind my words. And why not? I have every right to be horrible to him. He's like 19 and my mom is 47? Yuck.

I don't really think about whether it's affected me emotionally wise, but I guess it has considering every time I try to talk about it I end up going off into a rant about my mom and Danny... Hence the above.. Confused It sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. Sucks.

I can't be bothered with my parents anymore.

yeah i bet that sucks, BIG TIME!!!!
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 6th, 2006 at 09:46am
My mom and dad divorced when I was about 4 or 5. Apparently it was a really really bad verbally abusive relationship and my dad threw things at my mom. And I, at age 4, asked her not to divorce my dad and told her "it'll be okay, i'll tell him to stop throwing things at you".

Then my mom got remarried. And divorced. And then married another guy. And divorced. Then married another guy. And divorced.

And is now seeing her second husband again.

But I am so screwed up for life, not entirely because of the divorce, but large parts of it. I have chronic anxiety and an unhealthy nearly obsessive fear of commitment.

I've promised myself I'll never get married simply because I refuse to get divorced. And I won't get in a longterm relationship because if I ever had kids with someone and the relationship ended I wouldn't want them to go through what I did.
Envy
Idiot
Envy
May 6th, 2006 at 10:38pm
Marriage is a simple piece of paper of paper to some people. It can be easily forgotten, but it's still there. It's a contract, and most people don't follow it.

I can't say I understand what some kids went through, my parents have been happily married for 19; soon to be 20 years. But I have lots of friends who's parents are divorced, and it is sad. Some people just jump into marriage too quickly, and it's tramatizing when a child has to be traded around like a toy.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 7th, 2006 at 09:37am
I think divorce, is the best way to go when you are unhappy in your marriage, i dont believe in this whole 'staying together for the kids' thing because in the long run you are gonna damage them even more with all of the arguments and tension
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
May 7th, 2006 at 09:41am
greendayjunkie:
I think divorce, is the best way to go when you are unhappy in your marriage, i dont believe in this whole 'staying together for the kids' thing because in the long run you are gonna damage them even more with all of the arguments and tension

That's true. But it doesn't make it any easier.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 7th, 2006 at 09:50am
Peardrops:
greendayjunkie:

That's true. But it doesn't make it any easier.

i know, but in the long run it is better for all people concerned
CemeteryDrive
Jackass
CemeteryDrive
May 7th, 2006 at 02:35pm
My mum and dad got divorced 4 years ago, they were ment to when I was 2 but stayed together for me... I think I would have been better off if they split when I was younger because I really despise my dad for all the arguments and fights. i think divorce screwed me up quite a bit... I never talked to anyone about it. In fact I never told anyone about it. I got really bad depression and then fell out with my friends becuase I was in such a foul mood with everyone... which didnt really help.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 7th, 2006 at 07:17pm
Sometimes I don't think it's the divorce that fucks people up.

It's the people who got the divorce.
Register