Divorce

AuthorMessage
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
November 5th, 2005 at 03:11pm
I think the main message is take marraige seriously.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 5th, 2005 at 03:19pm
eberneezer_egghead:
I think the main message is take marraige seriously.

Exactly. If you arent going to take marriage seriously, dont do it. Divorce rates are only so high as many people just rush into marriage without a second though, and regret it later.
Headfirst For Halos
Headfirst For Halos
November 5th, 2005 at 04:32pm
spill_no_sick:
I think that people should be more caucious when they get married
Agreed. Some people [not necessarily the person who started this thread's parents though] don't take marriage seriously anymore..
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
Jackass
Hippy-Faggot-Punk-Rocker
November 5th, 2005 at 05:33pm
.....the divorce stories only prove even more.......that marriage is bullshit

............I've seen it.....seen what it does to families.......bad fucking news...

......marriage is just an expensive date........divorce is an even more expensive break-up...

H-F-P-R
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 5th, 2005 at 11:19pm
Well, my parents broke up year ago, but only got offically devorced like 2 weeks ago. My father already has a 3-year-old daughter from his girlfriend.
I really wouldn't mind the break up that much, if not for my mother's fucked up attitude. She basically irritated my Dad out of the house, and then when he left she started blaming me for everything. She said that I should have fallen on my knees and begged him to stay, and I didn't. I said from the very beginning that I'm not taking part in that, it's their marriage, so it should be their decision. My Dad left, then came back, then left again...

I suppose every devorce has it's own exclusive shit. In my parents' case it was that for about 3 year after the break up my mother was threatening to kill herself even though everyone knows she wouldn't have the guts. Every topic of any conversation would lead to her bitching about her shitty husband again. Well, my dad is a dick, but listening to that crap for 3 years every fucking day... I wasn't given the choice who to stay with either.

The most irritating thing though is that now my mother is giving me advice on my marriage, like "All men suck!", "He's gonna cheat on you and dump you!", "Don't get too attached to your husband"...that's so fucking annoying.

Sorry about this confession.
princess byxdawn
Geek
princess byxdawn
November 6th, 2005 at 02:17am
My parents are most likely going to get a divorce soon. My mom has this obsession with buying clothes and shoes and she never wears them. So she just has clothes everywhere and when I was younger and my mom would go out or something my dad would take me around the house and show me all of her "hiding places" that she would hide her new clothes at so my dad wouldn't see. And he told me never to tell her and he said that if he knew she spent so much money on clothes that he wouldn't have married her. Then about a year ago (or less) my mom and dad got in a fight and my mom was thinking about divorcing him. Now, just today, they got in a fight and my mom said that he was "the meanest person she'd ever met" and she told my dad to go get a lawyer. My dad IS one of the meanest people I've ever met too, but I'm still not taking sides. I highly dislike both of my parents. Yea, anyways she was bitching about him the whole day while we were out and mocking him and all this shit. I wanted to tell her to just shut the fuck up but ya know..Can't really do that. Anyways, I think they're going to split any day now...I don't care though, one less parent I have to put up with.
´Scumbag´
Idiot
´Scumbag´
November 10th, 2005 at 11:06am
My parents got divorced for about five years ago and from the beginning i was all fucked up. And i wanted to talk to someone about it but i couldn´t.
I think i cried myself to sleep for about a month, and that takes a lot of your energy and i hated all the argues and fights, i think that was the worst part.
franzi
franzi
November 10th, 2005 at 01:22pm
meh.well it seems that i have changed my opinions since the last time ive been on here. i visited my dad for the first time in 1 and half years. and he told me everything. he was waiting for me to be old enough.. and i was pretty wrong about some things.. i mean.. its weird.. and now i understand why my mom and dad arent together.. my dad is so different now. hes happy and everything works. its kinda gross to just know how my mom was (and still is..).. all the shit she did, and stuff she put him through. and i feel disgusted with myself because i fell for it all.. well yah anyway.. im just going to clear that up...
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 11th, 2005 at 03:57am
spill_no_sick:
I think that people should be more caucious when they get married
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
November 11th, 2005 at 07:19am
iom happy mny mum deveorced my dad...my dsad was drunk and violent.

Its better to be apart in some situations then trying to work it though for the kids thats all I can say!
Kyle of Where-the-Heck
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Kyle of Where-the-Heck
February 13th, 2006 at 11:58pm
My parents aren't technically divorced. My dad died before I was born. Then my mom married some dude named Brad when I was six. I hate him and he hates me. Yep.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
February 14th, 2006 at 03:46am
my parents divorced when i was very young and they have both been happier without each other my dad was a wife beating son of a bitch and my mum was a broom riding witch. I never got to see my dad after the divorce i havent seen him in about 15 years and i dont care,

but also we should remember that kids need mums and dads and as long has they get to see the absent figure then thats fine.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 14th, 2006 at 03:45pm
my parents divorced when i was 4 and since then i have always been as close with my father as possible. hes pretty werid though. he is churchy for one and i cant talk to him about my period if im out of tampons i have to sneak out of the house and go buy some myself and he just overall is not involved with my life...sure i see him every other weekend but al he talks about is god and other stuff like hes really not interested in what i have to say.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 12th, 2006 at 09:41pm
my mom and dad got separated when i was in third grade, but didn't get divorced until i was in 4th so i until they did i didn't really understand what the effects on my life were gong to be. I had to move from where i had lived my whole life to my grandparents house three hours away.It was really hard having to got to a new school and starting over. But one month after we moved i found my world turned over in a whole new way. He moved his girlfriend and her two kids into the house that i had lived in for my life and my room was taken. It hurt me and confused me. i thought "we leave and then my Dad moves in a new family" and in reality thats what happened. My sisters and I come up every other weekend(if that) and they have become his family. We don't have any room at my dad's i have to share a bunkbed with my step brother when i come- i get the top bunk. nothing is mine-not even my dad. and i almost don't want to come anymore. I mean don't get me wrong-its not like i was close to my dad before he moved out. he was always at work or sleeping. i didn't get to see him much. and i don't remeber him ever going to any of my school functions.Except for one-when i was in 2nd grade for 10 minutes because he promised and my mom made him keep it. I guess it screwed me up in some ways. I am not very trusting-it takes a while for me to trust. And i always seem to go for guys i know i can't have. and when i do get close to someone-i push them away. My Dad and i also disagree about many things. Like Green Day for example and Our Stand on Politics and Religion. he said to me "I never thought i'd raise a Democrat for a daughter" but he didn't. he didn't raise me, how could he if he was never there?I guess thats divorce for you though.....
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
April 13th, 2006 at 12:02am
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]:
If your parents are arguing a lot wouldn't you rather they weren't together? That way you don't have listen to them fight and they'll be happy more often....

I agree. My parents have never divorced but have come close many times. And sometimes I wish they would divorce. The verbal abuse is really scary. Someone's screaming abuse at your mother or father's face and it's no other than your mother or father. It gets really daunting. I tell them to STFU and a lotta the time my sister and I really do think it's our fault because y'know, everything they do is for us. (work, money etc) Then they go off at you for having an "attitude" with them when really, we grew up listening to them fight every night.

There used to be a long period of time when there'd always be a fight in our household everyday. It makes you want to runaway with your boyfriend to Melbourne... but I don't have one. And the thing is, I think my parents are only still together for my sis and I because I don't think they love each other very much at all.
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
April 13th, 2006 at 12:06am
See, now that I'm 16 and Vic's 12, I think we were better off having a peaceful household than having a violent mum and dad. The other day, I watched my mother beat my sisiter. So.. I would rather move from one house to the other every weekend than have to try to sleep with yelling in the background every night.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 13th, 2006 at 04:27am
divorce is not somthing that you should wish on people, my mum and dad divorced many years ago and they have both been happier without each other, and i myself have come close to leaving my partner but i know that, that would be a big mistake and that we can work through our problems.
!nsomn!ac punk
Jackass
!nsomn!ac punk
April 13th, 2006 at 11:45am
well it's Just ppl do change after a while from when they were married. So the only way to go back to normal may be by divorce
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 11:57am
I was actually happy when my parents got divorced. They fought all the time, constantly. No one was happy because they were continulessly bitching at each other. I was eight and someone how I was the responsibl one in the house. My mom had a drinking problem and she was a damn whore, and my dad needed to decide if his family was more important or work. I rememer one fight in particular. My brother had bunk beds in his room, which I thought was the coolest thing since sliced bread. I was on the top bunk and I remember my dad was worried abut my mom so he stayed up and waited for her to come home wasted as usual. I can remember every single word from that fight, and at the end I remember my dad saying, your tired and drunk, go to bed, and my mom said your pathetic and useless, go to hell. Then she left again and they filed for divorce after that. I hate even thinking about that. When your relationship with the person you love falls apart, everything does. They were married for ten years and got divorced offically 3 weeks before their elevnth aniverserry, which really wasnt soon enough. Divorce doesnt just effect the people seperating, it effects everyone close to them. I know after seeing my mom like that, we will never have the same kind of relationship again, and me and my dad are alot closer. Divorce is sometimes the only answer, and if you let things get bad, its hard to fix them, sometimes impossible.
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
April 14th, 2006 at 07:00pm
I don't really know how this feels first-hand. I was born March '92, my parents married December '92, and had my brother February '95. My parents hardly ever argue. If they do, a lot of the time I jsut tell them to shut up and they do.
But my best friend's parents divorced a few days after Christmas. They divorced from a marriage that was almost twenty-one years, and they had two daughters and a house an d a dog and everything. She's upset, obviously, but I think at 13/14 it's easier.
I think it's when your parents fight that it is worse. If it's a calm divorce where the parents remain friends, its doubtful it will cause the child any serious harm.
Register