Ana/Mia websites

AuthorMessage
comfortably confused
Falling In Love With The Board
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 11:40am
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:
You know you all sit there and call it sick but people go there to get away from people like you. I used to go on them all the time, they are there for security and comfort. Yes okay they are wrong but they do also make you feel better.

You say
"Whoever makes these websites needs to realise Anorexia and Bullimia are very very serious conditions, and people die from them"

The people who make them have the conditions, they know what they are doing.

Now I realise they are wrong (became really ill with anorexia but I'm now in recovery) You'll find that they all state that you don't have to go on them if you don't have an ED or you are in recovery. They also (about 95% of them) have links to recovery sites. They don't think ED sites are right they are there to help.

I can't believe you can all be so insensitive to people with problems.

I dont think im being unsensitive. I appolagised to you if I did offend you, but im not saying the people are in the wrong or are sick, the websites are. Wink
You didn't offend me... I would've said "you offened me" Very Happy
I see the problem with them I really do but to just come out and attack them without really understanding them isn't right by me.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
King For A Couple Of Days
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 6th, 2005 at 11:40am
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
You know you all sit there and call it sick but people go there to get away from people like you. I used to go on them all the time, they are there for security and comfort. Yes okay they are wrong but they do also make you feel better.

You say
"Whoever makes these websites needs to realise Anorexia and Bullimia are very very serious conditions, and people die from them"

Now I realise they are wrong (became really ill with anorexia but I'm now in recovery) You'll find that they all state that you don't have to go on them if you don't have an ED or you are in recovery. They also (about 95% of them) have links to recovery sites. They don't think ED sites are right they are there to help.

I'm not being insensitive to the people with the problem, I'm being concerned about them.

What is wrong with people to make them encourage people to starve themselves to death?

Comfort is showing someone empathy.

this is telling thme that they're not thin enough, and the fact that you're standing up for these weirdos just goes to show that you're hypnotized by them.

No matter what you say, this is wrong.
I'm not standing up for them... no where in my post did I say it was right. I just said that you were being insenstive. How the hell and I hypnotized by them when I have said I am doing my best to get better, it's people like you that don't help. I know it's wrong but I hate that you all call it sick.

I've explained myself in the post to bloodraine about it being in the mind.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that all people are beautiful in a way.

I just think it's sick that people are so insecure about themselves to starve themselves.

In my opinion, helping would be telling them that they're beautiful. And anyway, what's the point of being 'thin' when you're dead?
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 11:43am
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:

You say

I'm not being insensitive to the people with the problem, I'm being concerned about them.

What is wrong with people to make them encourage people to starve themselves to death?

this is telling thme that they're not thin enough, and the fact that you're standing up for these weirdos just goes to show that you're hypnotized by them.

I'm not standing up for them... no where in my post did I say it was right. I just said that you were being insenstive. How the hell and I hypnotized by them when I have said I am doing my best to get better, it's people like you that don't help. I know it's wrong but I hate that you all call it sick.

I just think it's sick that people are so insecure about themselves to starve themselves.

In my opinion, helping would be telling them that they're beautiful. And anyway, what's the point of being 'thin' when you're dead?

you go girl!
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 11:44am
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

I dont think im being unsensitive. I appolagised to you if I did offend you, but im not saying the people are in the wrong or are sick, the websites are. Wink
You didn't offend me... I would've said "you offened me" Very Happy
I see the problem with them I really do but to just come out and attack them without really understanding them isn't right by me.

good point Wink
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 11:45am
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:

You say

People on these websites know all this.

It made me smile when you said " I think that all people are beautiful in a way" >.< (I'm a sap at heart) Your right, really, but it's a disorder. It took a hospital visit and someone telling me I wasn't going to make it till chirstmas if I carry on to get me to snap out of it... sometimes that doesn't even stop people. Attacking the website won't help, they need to help themselves. Even without the websites people are still going to have ED's.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 11:49am
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:

You say

It made me smile when you said " I think that all people are beautiful in a way" >.< (I'm a sap at heart) Your right, really, but it's a disorder. It took a hospital visit and someone telling me I wasn't going to make it till chirstmas if I carry on to get me to snap out of it... sometimes that doesn't even stop people. Attacking the website won't help, they need to help themselves. Even without the websites people are still going to have ED's.

yes, but without the websites less people would be encouraging them to do it
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 11:52am
Fade2Black:

yes, but without the websites less people would be encouraging them to do it
no... that's not true. People who go on there already had ED. If you don't have one you don't go on... simple.

I think a few years ago aload got shut down, I remember seeing it on the news, so it has been pointed out and people are aware. Sposse plastering it everywhere didn't help.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
comfortably confused:

You say

nice to know your getting better, well done honey, it must have been hard, but you did it Wink congrats!
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:

You say

It may seem good that the websites are a source of comfort, but like someone who goes on those websites said "it made me feel like I was normal and accepted" which isn't good, because it's not normal. They should know that it isn't normal and they need help.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 11:54am
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

nice to know your getting better, well done honey, it must have been hard, but you did it Wink congrats!
Thankyou... see it's things like that that really help me. I go on a recovery site sometimes but I tend to stay away from webites about any ED's.
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 11:55am
Buttermilk Rusk:

It may seem good that the websites are a source of comfort, but like someone who goes on those websites said "it made me feel like I was normal and accepted" which isn't good, because it's not normal. They should know that it isn't normal and they need help.
That's true... it really is. But like I said, they need to realise it before it's too late and some people just don't and that's sad. Some people just thrive for the perfect body that much.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 6th, 2005 at 11:58am
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

Thankyou... see it's things like that that really help me. I go on a recovery site sometimes but I tend to stay away from webites about any ED's.

It must have been really hard... You are a very strong person. Congratulations.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 12:08pm
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

Its really good your recovering and a lot of people are proud of you. But thanks to some of the websites others wont be as lucky as you. do you see where im coming from? Wink
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 12:11pm
Fade2Black:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

Its really good your recovering and a lot of people are proud of you. But thanks to some of the websites others wont be as lucky as you. do you see where im coming from? Wink
I do.. honestly but I just got worked up over the way you were all saying how sick and disgusting they are I just for a bit diffensive and saw it as insensitive. I apologise... I havn't learnt to think before I type >.<
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 6th, 2005 at 12:13pm
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
Buttermilk Rusk:
comfortably confused:
Fade2Black:
comfortably confused:

You say

I do.. honestly but I just got worked up over the way you were all saying how sick and disgusting they are I just for a bit diffensive and saw it as insensitive. I apologise... I havn't learnt to think before I type >.<

You're a great person, you didn't deserve this...
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 12:13pm
lol, well as long as your still not using the sites, its up to each individual about what they think of them. its like the saying one mans meat is another mans poison
comfortably confused
comfortably confused
November 6th, 2005 at 12:17pm
Buttermilk Rusk:

Nah... it's alright.

I need to grasp the thinking thing.

It's you opinion to think that way about them.

I still love the "Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that all people are beautiful in a way"
*puts it in sig* Shifty
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 12:18pm
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:

Nah... it's alright.

I still love the "Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that all people are beautiful in a way"
*puts it in sig* Shifty

its right. everyone is beutiful. anyway its inner beauty that counts.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
Nicky and Cambria. Haha.
November 6th, 2005 at 12:28pm
comfortably confused:
Buttermilk Rusk:

Nah... it's alright.

*puts it in sig* Shifty

I feel so special! Very Happy
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 12:41pm
did you change your ava? its nice!
Register